mindfruit (hiatus)

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
15
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

150+ followers! Thank you all so much, and wow, I never expected that a decision to go to virtual writing camp would eventually lead up to this! Whether you followed me or not, you all hold a special place in my heart :) Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

whispers (footnotes! message board! 150+ followers! exclamation point!)

18
whispering dreams - silence, songs of eternity - eternity sings, silently dreaming....whispers
Heyo, it's been a while since I've published something, and I just really need to break through this writer's block. Sorry if it isn't good - this type of poetry is called a ketek, from Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives series, that basically reads the same forward and backwards. So kinda sorta a palindrome? I don't think I did this correctly (thoughts, Sanderson fans?), but like I said, I really needed to break through my writer's block. Hope you enjoy!

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: Thanks :) . lol yeah I always feel like I am following some people, but it sometimes it turns out I'm not :3 .

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Oh...... Why am I not following you ?!?!?!?! ahhhh!!! *panics*..... Phew ok now that's fixed I can breathe. :3 You are such a talented writer!!!! This is a monumental achievement!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: ohhh, okay! Really, no one has asked you before?! I would’ve thought a lot of people would talk to you about it....
    Wow, there’s a lot more info about them than I knew anything about! XD Okay, cool! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
    Wow, I heard from somewhere that BTS stands for Beyond the Scene...? But it seems like they’re very poetic. Thanks so much! I’d love any fun facts about them. I’m really trying to learn more about them. Also, thank you about the piece, heh. I thought you’d like that! :)
    (Also, I saw your comment on Anne’s piece. I’m glad you’re doing well; just wanted to make sure everything was well.)
    Okay, thanks again! TTYS!

• Rohan’s Defender

Hey, C! What’s up?
    I know you’ve been really busy, but just wanted to ask if when you get a chance, would you be able to tell me a little more about BTS? I’m trying to find out more about them, and I figured you might could help me with that. I think I can name *almost all of* them, and I’ve picked up a few facts and some song recommendations. I’m just trying to learn more. And don’t worry, whenever you get a chance is great! Thanks! Have a great day! ;)

• anonymous_123 [Child of God]

Hi! So Abigail Faith and I are starting a series hopefully on Monday of people writing why they believe God is real! The challenge is that we can't use the bible to back us up ooh! Tell me if you're interested. No need to exchange numbers or anything we can just write and comment. When you do this title it as "The Bible Challenge _(Your username) We are hoping to start Monday, but of course any time is fine! Comment on my piece if your interested :) Also, it's ok to not know the answers because it's hard to answer somwthing like this, so just please remember to try your best, research if anything, write your own experiences, or nothing at all because that's ok too! Sometimes if we don't know that all re can do!

Re: Yw. :) No, I'm not offended at all. That line just meant something different to you, and since I'm a bit sensitive about what it meant for me, I thought I'd clear it up in the message board. Praying for you, bud.

replying:oh thank you so much! i'm so happy you liked my piece.ahh so many compliments,i don't know what to say.thank you,that made me so happy to know that my writing has something unique or "me" to it,that's like a writer's dream to hear.jdhbf just thank you.
    oh that's great,yeah 2 pieces in one week is such an improvement.and gosh i'm not in a block and i'm pretty sure i only publish twice a week.yeah i completely agree,taking the pressure to write a lot off yourself,kind of relaxes your mind.and then it's more free and you can start doing other things and then something pops into your head.and giving yourself time really helps,your ideas start blossoming.i'm so happy you're happy with your work now:)
    oh yeah i understand,it's good that you're sorting out the chaos though.i'm just approaching mine and i can feel it taking me down with it:/:)
    oh and it's a pleasure,of course i'de check in.
    and again (lol)it's a pleasure,i'm happy i added a little bit of jazz into your day*jazz hands*
    hdhdnbdj connor,that's so sweet! thank you so much,everything you said means much to me.and i'm so happy you felt welcome,because i know i had a hard time feeling comfortable here too.okay thinking about what else you said...ugh just thank you thank you thank you,you have no idea how much that means.and of course,that's what friends are for.i'm always here<3

Re: Thanks. :) I hope your health (I think you were talking about that?) gets better, and if it can't, I hope you can get some peace of mind about it.

• Rose A(hiatus)

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!! You are an amazing writer. You deserve every one of those followers and more!
    Also, this is a cool poem. I haven't read very much by Brandon Sanderson, but I love this concept. Hope you have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day too.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!

• Dakota_Lyn (Hiatus- I'll be back :))

wow that poem is so cool!
    Im really bad at poetry soooooooo
    and same as rohan said you where one of my first followers so thank you!
    AND your work is so amazing and you deserve every follower you have plus so many more!!

oh just remembered.i wanted to say that you spread so much happiness here,with all your funny pieces too:)okay bye-

hey it's me! so for #januarygifting.i wanted to say that you are a great writer.and your presence here is so so treasured.you are one of the kindest people i've met on wtw and you're so selfless.you're always trying to do things for people and it's so admirable.you're so so kind.your comments are always so sincere and sweet ,they always bring me so much happiness.i'm so happy you joined,it wouldn't be the same without you<3

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awwww, thank you, Connor! That means a lot to me! :) And yes, I love writing poetry too. I guess I’ll keep doing that, and appreciating when everyone doesn’t get completely fed up with it! XD So thank you again!
    And of course, I totally understand! Talk soon! :)

• doodleninja

(I saw " life is dynamite" in your bio and now the song is stuck in my head, thank you XD)

• doodleninja

congrats on 150!! this is such a cool little poem, I have been meaning to read the stormlight archives for FOREVER. XD

• Jason_claire :)

congratulations, and wonderful poem, by the way, I do not know Sanderson, but I think I'd enjoy it.

• (sk)eyesofocher

CONGRATS MINDFRUIT! YOU DESERVE IT--YOU ARE EVEN MORE supercalifragilisticexpialidociousSSSSSSSS

ooh pretty poem!
    sorry about still not beating your block but i'm so proud of you for writing anyways!
    CONGRATULATIONS CONNOR *HUGS*!!!!!
    you deserve all the support you get.you are a unique and great writer.and you are one of the most selfless,kindest people on write the world.i'm so proud of you.i have more to say,but i'lk write another comment soon;)<3

• Rohan’s Defender

And this poem is so gorgeous and basically just magical! XD
    (Dang, that comment got really long.... sorry..)

• Rohan’s Defender

*excitement trigger warning; Rohan can get a little too excited; prepare for a LOT of confetti*

CONGRATULATIONS, MY DUDE!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSS!! *confetti everywhere; air, the floor, ceiling, surfaces....*
    You deserve every follower and more!!! *okay, now prepare for sentimental part*
    When I first joined WtW, you were one of my first followers. Since the day I discovered your page (and your awesome profile picture *think it was a Star Wars ship*) I could tell you were cool. And very very soon, I realized just how kind, supportive, encouraging, and just all around awesome you are! You’re definitely one of the most helpful people on this site, and you put others first, which is part of what made you such an amazing CA. Every comment you leave on one of my pieces makes me so excited and happy, and our conversations mean so much to me. That you would put up with a crazy person like me when so many people think you are the one of the coolest people around (and don’t pretend like it’s not true), it just means a lot. So thank you for being one of my best friends, and thank you for being intelligent, kind, supportive, friendly you! I’m so happy for this milestone! And I’m proud to be one of your followers. Your writing is supercalifragilisticexpialidociously amazing! :D
    Okay, anddddd let’s finish out with more confetti!
    *blows party horn* *activates disco ball*
    AND CUE DYNAMITE!

• rwong

congrats on 150!!! you totally deserve it!!! oh and i really love the poem the concept is so cool :)

• serein

awww yes congratulations!!! I think the ketek is beautiful!

• ~madeline~

CONGRATS!! Also.. this poem is sooo cool!!! As far as I can tell it is a ketek, so great job!! It's such a cool idea and so well done :)

• A. Penderwick

Super neat poem! And I get the feeling, I just published my first piece after a couple of weeks of writers block. Maybe it's because of the break? Well, I hope you find inspiration soon!

• AJ - Izzy

your writing is amazing blhajsldfjahlsjdf where have I been?? congratulations on your followers, and what are you talking about this is writing is, ah, "eternity sings, silently dreaming"... gorgeous. Have a good one :)

• sci-Fi

Congrats on 154!!!!

• Yellow Sweater

This is wonderful! I particulairly love this sequence: "silence, songs of eternity - eternity sings, silently"

loved the title also

WHOA THAT'S a super neat poem format.
    me just realizing that "ketek" is a palindrome.
    this is really neat.

• CDWillson

wdssoeessdw is what you ended up with, since you asked. congrats on 154!

Nice poem!! Huge congrats on 150 Connor, you deserve it :)