Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

and you are the bellflower my dear, and we are simply the crowd that adores you

when the bellflowers bloom | #januarygifting

15

it began the day the bellflowers began to bloom
i'm not sure how i came to be that day, but somewhere
along the way, i found myself watching indigo violet 
bellflowers nodding heads towards me. perhaps it was 
their beauty that first attracted me, iridescence dripping 
with dew drops from their fragile petals. but, looking back, 
there was so much more there than their beauty. anyone 
could tell they were beautiful, but there was this air of 
whimsy and nostalgia that came with them. watching them
grow over the months, it was pure magic. their petals 
had become even more beautiful than before, daytime
indigos and flushes of purple painting them lovingly. and it 
wasn't just me who had been entranced, for crowds had 
begun to form around the little bellflowers, crowds of admirers
and passerbys who had been enticed by their artistry. they 
lingered for the allure that the bellflowers beheld, for 
being with them, it was like time slipped from fingertips. 
and sometimes i would watch from the back of the crowd, 
not always showing it, but always there. sometimes i would 
stop by and just admire them, looking at their petals and nodding 
heads with smiles. and other times i would stop and chat a bit, 
because somehow, they made me feel heard. somehow, they 
made me smile time and time again. and somehow i had grown 
to love them just as that first day, when the bellflowers bloomed. 
For you Paisley Blue; Bellflowers - To show a feeling of gratitude

You've always shown me such love and appreciation, and for that I cannot help but give you my thanks. Those kind words have lifted me up and made me smile more times than I can count. I don't say it nearly enough times, but thank you Paisley. Your endless support and kind soul, for not just me but other people as well, is just a beauty to behold. So thank you Paisley, for all the kindness you bring to this site and the wonderful human being that you are. I know I'm not the only one when I say that you are simply brilliant. 

#januarygifting

• hi i'm jackson ;)

Oh and I forgot :) thank you for the words about my icarus piece! You’re the first person to comment and it’s one of my favorite things I’ve written

• hi i'm jackson ;)

This is so pretty!! And I’m so glad you’re back!!! I am still doing the project actually, thanks for giving me some poems!
    Things have been alright, but ANOTHER person told me they like me, and AGAIN I don’t know how I feel. I even told him about my gender thing in hopes of winning some more time or at least throwing him off as much as he threw me off, but he didnt care. Which I suppose is a good thing but
    Twice in like three months
    Ugh
    And I think I probably should’ve seen it coming but I just didn’t, which I think I owe to the fact that it turns out I actually do have ADHD, so it’s nice to know but I’m becoming even more painfully aware of my shortcomings.
    How have you been? How was your break? (I’ll say it again, I, happy you’re back misty! You’re so nice)

• Rose A(hiatus)

Well, Wisp. I attempted #januarygifting. It's a thank you to everyone, including you. :)

• crystalline•galaxies

re: we should absolutely become philosophers. that would be so much fun. and your point about writing vs. saying it is so true. there's a reason why saying "i love you" for the first time in a relationship is considered a big deal. there's also a reason why i texted "i love you" to my s/o instead of saying it for the first time (i'm absolutely terrified of everything)! when i say those words to my family, even through the phone, it beats just saying it in a letter or a message. so maybe you're onto something there. it still does hold meaning and emotion, but i think that perhaps it also depends more on the circumstances. like, there has to be a certain feeling in the air in order for it to have some kind of meaning. does that makes sense?

• Busssy.Beee

re: oh, shizu. That word just feels so naturally, it's enchanting! Oh, and yes, couldn't agree more about online. But, life brings the best and worst to us, so I guess this is just not the best time yet? Your support means the universe to me, shizu! But, I'll try my best to be there for you, too!
    I've been playing piano for uhm, 8.5 years. But, I hardly practice, so I'm not progressing much anymore, but what about you? Oh, and it is really enjoyable, isn't it? Do you like to play classical music or like pop music?
    oh dear. I'm glad you're feeling better now, hopefully the weeks to come will, too, treat you well. and wow! college classes? I'm still in middle school, so I just have to take one high-school class, wishing you the best in your classes!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i almost wonder if the way we use "love" in our day-to-day life is the reason why it doesn't seem very powerful to us. we use it to mean so many things so very often -- everything from referring to our s/os to our mothers to our favorite kind of ice cream. if we as a society held it in more reverence, as if it holds some kind of power, maybe that word would make the impact more effective. i almost wonder if it's not because we hold it to just mean romantic feelings, but because we use it to mean literally everything. there's nothing special about it. you love someone? okay, so does everyone else and their dog. but no; when you LOVE someone, it's a different feeling, you know? there's certain friends that i feel a special connection with, as if we just click together, but "love" isn't powerful enough for that, is it? because i also use the word "love" to describe my relationship with my friends whom i'm not as close to. and all of that is completely different to the way i feel about my grandparents and parents, and even that is different than the way i feel about my s/o. it's like, all of its meaning is just gone. but it's still picked apart by poets and used as the largest form of endearment, so is the meaning really gone, or just buried?

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

this is beautiful. I dont know what bellflowers look like and even though I was tempted to search them up I didnt and Im glad because by the end i had the most beautiful image of what they are. im not going to search them up. your word choice is impeccable.

replying: aww thank you so much for all your kind words.everything you said means so much to me.<3
    replying: oh thank you!!! that's very helpful:)

re: if that comment was you sobbing, this comment is just me smiling like a maniac! you're so sweet oh my goodness! :) love you so much, my constant! :)

• crystalline•galaxies

why does this fit them so well? you've really just painted a masterpiece, and this artwork came to life right in front of my eyes. amazing. stunning. well, that's not unusual with you.
    re: you're so welcome! you mean a lot to me. i'm so sorry i can't make this comment longer; i'm having a hard time constructing words at the moment. i love you so much (hope that doesn't sound weird)!

Re:
    1st of all, :)) I'm so, so glad you liked the piece. Every single word was from my heart :)
    2nd, I'm really glad you didn't leave with the others!!! Your work is such an inspiration for me, and just being around you and talking to you is what keeps me here, as well!
    Also, about the following thing—I was about to say I can't believe it either, but thats not true - I can believe it, because you're such a talented poet and author and even then, I loved your work :)
    And yes, I know exactly what you mean about the word love. You, dear, are my constant as well—my second star to the right, and my comfort during the frigid winters :)
    All my love, again and again and again until forever comes :))

:)

oh also.... i feel a little bad but can i ask your pronouns real quick? i don't want to accidentally use the wrong ones! :)

ok i'm back *takes a deep breath and tries not to cry*

" iridescence dripping / with dew drops from their fragile petals" just have to say how beautiful this line is! wow, you've painted such a beautiful picture, i'm in awe!
    "there was this air of / whimsy and nostalgia that came with them" this! this is about ME?! what?!?!? ahh now i'm tearing up all over again.

Wisp, you're so sweet and kind and you write such stunning works... I look up to you :) ever since I joined, you were just this constant presence, on here, and everywhere you went you brought peace and beauty and a quiet calm. I don't know when we first interacted, but it was pretty early on (when my poems were terrible and my prose was even worse). you helped me grow, so much - just by example. I mean, i'm pretty sure you were one of the very first people I followed - even then, I knew I just had to be around you and get to know you. You're so beautiful.

And this piece?!?!? gah i don't know what to say! there are so many emotions, right now... I can't sort them all out! Thank you, dear, thank you so much. You know, I have no idea how old you are, but I kinda see you as an older sister. You're just... comforting. Whenever you're around. And I want to write something as beautiful and elegant and sweet for you - but I can't seem to find the words :'( you're too brilliant to be put into words, i guess. i'm going to try, anyways :)

i love you so much. wow. <3333 you're so kind and sweet and i think my heart is going to explode... sorry that's weird XD i really don't know what to say other than.... i wouldn't be here without you. i wouldn't be the same, and i am so, so glad i got to know you <3

love love love <3

ah so pretty. and i think we can all agree that ella is one of the sweetest people ever.gosh the impact she's had on this community is hdvdjfu
    such a sweet,i love these pieces<3

oh my goodness i'm gonna cry
    Wisp, this is... this is so beautiful. i don't know what to say. oh wow.

um. i need a moment to compose myself XD i'll be back with a proper (but probably just as emotional) comment. try to stop me ;)

wow. wow wow wow.

• ~wildflower~

Oh my, this is a magnificent piece. Ahhhhh it’s so beautiful!!!! I love you start and end the same way, and the imagery - oh the imagery - it’s just so incredibly evocative and magical. Thanks for creating such a wondrous world for me to escape into for a bit!
    (Also, yessss this sums up Paisley perfectly!)

it might seem difficult to write a tribute good enough for Paisley Blue, but you not only nailed it, you made it achingly gorgeous with delicate imagery and a striking metaphor.