mirkat

she/her│infp-a
est. 10/15/20

"take me with you, finished thing"
"too dizzying to love anywhere
but from a distance"

have an ineffable day!

<3<3<3

thanks to paisley blue, rwong, wisp, and crystalline galaxies for all the love and support.

scribble chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :), and Starlitskies.

i think i'm a broken umbrella?

take a deep breath and
let tomorrow dissolve
into today;

symphony

13

you are the melancholy chords 
of violin, drifting up into the 
atmosphere and hovering
near the open window.
you watch and wait
for a break in the music
before diving out into the world,
weaving between 
the people and stories and dreams
that pass by on the street.
dipping into alleyways
and dancing across the plaza.
you watch
as i trudge along,
just another face in a sea of thousands.
just another person. another story.
and somehow i know you’re there
for me.
i look up, see your shadow against 
the bright blue sky.
just a silhouette. just another person.
another story.
you reach out your hand
and i take it.
then, now, forever.
a symphony in the making.
a story being written.
we,
my friend, 
are pen and ink,
music and violin,
unfurling across the world.

this is for you, paisley blue. for you, ella. 

i cannot tell you how many times you've made me laugh. or cry. or smile. or think. you, a person living across the country, have invoked so much feeling in me. not just in your writing (which is utterly ineffable and splendid and blows my mind every single time) but also in your humor. thank you for everything, ella. paisley blue. you are one and the same to me. let me just say the piece you dedicated to me made me bawl my eyes out and i'm not in the greatest place to be writing this right now because you've stollen all the words i have, but i will say you are an exceptional human being. 

i'll leave it at that. 

then, now, forever.

#januarygifting

this is so pretty.awww i love appreciation pieces,it's so sweet reading this ella's piece and now yours

re (again lol) : isuheflwieur thank you! you're making me tear up you're so kind! i was unsure of whether to post that bc idk, its a little different than my normal style, but i am so glad i did! your words are so kind, you made me smile :) and yes, walt whitman said it perfectly (and you quoted him well :)). really i'm so, so glad you liked it - i was a little nervous about that one.
    on a slightly different note, have you read any poems by Mary Oliver? My mom gave me a collection of hers, and i was absolutely blown away. The one i'm reading is called "Thirst", but she has multiple. I think you'd like it! It is centered quite a bit on prayers/God, and idk how comfortable you are with reading that, but if you end up reading any of her work, tell me what you think!
    I love reading poetry :) yours, especially! (lol idk how many times i've read "symphony" but it's just as beautiful every single time!)
    bye, love! ;) <3 <3 <3

re: awww dear! you're so sweet :) so glad you liked my piece :) and yes, your comment did make me smile - you always make me smile!
    haha funny you ask that, i've actually started going by ell (among friends) lately, so, yeah! you can totally call me that :) is it ok that i call you mir? idk when i started saying that, it just felt natural!
    love you so much, dear :) hope online school gets better; it's no fun, but idk, maybe there's a bright side? have you been sleeping in/writing more/idk, anything good? sometimes it helps to recognize the good parts :) hope your day is going well!! <3

re: awwww!!! i feel so flattered and gratified by that. like, wow. thank you! i missed you too. i missed all the things that made me love it here, but those same things also did cause a little burnout. but i'm back and better!
    you play ukulele! that's pretty cool, i admire anyone who dabbles in music. i used to think it was too hard and never wanted to play an instrument. (well, i did percussion in 5th grade, and that was fun, but a lot simpler also.) reading music trips me up though. not the chord diagrams—those are easy—but like the notes. but uke isn't my priority now, so i'll work on that later.
    oh and i'll prob have some painfully clumsy adventures of the uke to share on her eventually. and i'm excited for the feb songwriting comp.
    wait, you met mxmtoon?! ok, that sounds so crazy but believable at the same time. like, "oh, yeah, she's my teacher's daughter." what?! that just sounds so cool! yes you should listen to her! very raw, honest, relatable songs! super aesthetic. soothing, lots of ukulele, and pretty personal.

• BirdofPrey

wow...this is stunning!!! i actually play violin and was imagining my favorite song while reading this lol

• rwong

hey mir!! you're featured in my piece!!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i'm so glad you liked my piece; i had so, so much fun writing it, and i think it might be one of my favorite things i've written (though there are a couple of poems that come close). wisp truly is fantastic. that januarygifting piece just absolutely gutted me, it was so good. i'm glad you're doing well, too! the world is so crazy right now. what kind of books are you going to be reading? i'm looking for recommendations, so if you run across any good ones, don't feel afraid to pop into my comments any time and let me know!

• Wisp

Replying: Yeah I really do love the lyrics in it. And I won't lie the tone in it is really heavy, but sometimes when I lack inspiration I'd listen to that song. And aww thank you! I honestly don't know how to respond because that was just so sweet. You've been such a wonderful person to me ever since that first day and it's been just a joy interacting with you. You have a heart of gold dear, and it drips with such eternal sincerity. Today was my first day back and I was not at all prepared mentally haha. It felt like I was just going through the motions all day. School just ended for me, but my last class was physics. It was exhausting to say the least and I'm not sure my teacher understands how to teach physics?? I mean not to be rude, but we usually just take notes and watch videos the whole period. But I hope Spanish went well for you! And I'm the exact same! I love window seats because you can just look outside and look at the people outside. And that picture you depicted just sounds so surreal! It doesn't snow where I live either, so I totally get what you mean! Have a marvelous day, month, and year as well! I'm on this side of the screen whenever you want to stop by and say hi dear :)

• rwong

re: hiiiiiiii mir!! awwww best of luck in school + testing!!! honestly though, don't psych urself out too much for it because most high schools are just looking for students that fit in with their school so just be yourself and answer honestly. is the testing for the high school or just like normal standardized testing? (i'm assuming its not for your regular classes cause...3 hours seems kinda extra lol) ahaha you might wanna pay attention in class but then again, i'm in bio right now and kinda paying attention too so maybe i'm not the one to be saying that lollll. oooo that's such a pretty description of your outside view!!! i'm...staring at a fence. XD awww sameee you make me smile every time you pop up in my notifs and you're so kinddd <3 <3 anyway i've been doing pretty well, trying to readjust back to school after taking a break cause i kept on sleep in so waking at 6:30-7:00 is kinda painful lol but we'll get there...hopefully. i finished fault in our stars (omygosh it was soooo good and akjsdf;kljasd;fkladsjfa) and i've been reading some wwii historical fic, "Royal" by Danielle Steele. i just started soooo no opinions yet? hbu what have you been reading??

• Wisp

Replying: Haha, oh no, actually it isn't related to "The Song of Achilles." I haven't read it, but I do plan to one day. It's actually related to "Achilles Come Down" by Gang of Youths. They got me addicted to the song at some point and all haha. And your kind words really do make my heart flutter mirkat. You're just so sweet and sincere and such a brilliant person as well. Hope everything is well on your end!

yes. i love seeing these. both beautiful and kind, filled with love.
    miriam! I'M IN YOUR WTW FRIENDS?! wow! happy new year, and, idk, hi!
    yeah, hi is all i got. (it's erin, btw)

Re- Thank you!!! AHH you are so sweet!! :)

• Wisp

Replying: That's so sweet of you! And oh my gosh, you're making me blush. That's quite the compliment and I'm beyond flattered. I honestly don't know what to say. Because that was just so sweet and gosh I'm smiling manically again.
    Yeah! Paisley is an absolute darling and I'm so glad you got to connect with such wonderful writers such as her on this site. And I know! It's kinda funny how it sneaks up on you honestly. Like you don't realize how much WtW means to you until it's too late and you suddenly start missing everyone. Perhaps, maybe on a spiritual and even mental level I feel a little bit lighter? I mean the idea of a new year with new beginnings is sorta relieving in a way, but yeah I get what you mean. Alright, I hope you have a wonderful night's sleep, and sweet dreams mirkat. When you see this when you wake up, good morning/afternoon/night!

• rwong

ok this is exceptional and so beautiful and oh my goodness i'm literally speechless and i adore how you wrote one for her and she wrote one for you and they're both literally i mean like they blow me away <3 <3
    re: lolll ikr i always wonder why america just HAD to be special and spell things...well, weird. haha i'm soooo glad you're back i missed you on here!! you're like...just a constant presence that i adore <3 how was ur break? good night to you too!!

• Charisse Marison

I re-read this so many times to just admire the beauty of it. It's so poetic and i love how you made it for your friends. The best writings always come from the heart <3
    Absolutely amazing.

These january gifting pieces from you and paisley are sooo beauutiful!!! "a symphony in the making.
    a story being written."

• Wisp

"we,
    my friend,
    are pen and ink,
    music and violin,
    unfurling across the world."
    To read this piece and Paisley's as well, it just strikes such a chord. The emotion in this is everything; it's so sincere and kind, so much love packed within it. The friendship you share, I can tell, is poured throughout this piece, it's formed in the letters and ink that stains the screen. Your friendship is strewn across this single page in such a beautiful manner that I cannot help but to tear up at your genuineness and love. And that last bit, "then, now, forever." really hit me in the feels. May the best come to you!
    Replying:
    Dear mirkat (writing letters is so nostalgic and I love every bit of it!),
    First, welcome back from your hiatus!! I hope your short break has treated you well and that you're refreshed and all! You are honestly such a doll. You have such a lovable character with a knack for making others smile. You've lifted me up when I never expected that anything could. You make me smile when I don't even think I can. You have a gentle soul with a heart of gold. And for that and so much more, thank you. Thank you for being a part of this community. Thank you for being someone that I can be able to call a friend. But most of all, thank you, for simply being you.
    #januarygifting
    P.S. 2021 has been the same for me too! I feel that people build up this anticipation that when the clock hits midnight we'll all be transformed or inspired to change ourselves, and for some, sure, that could be the case. But for me, it doesn't even come close. I haven't been doing much, and it's almost time to go back to school so it all feels the same. How has your 2021 been? I missed talking to you too darling! Hope all's well!

oh
    oh my goodness
    ok well apparently it's my turn to cry. um.
    i love this, so so so much. this is so beautiful and oh wow. i absolutely love the part about the violin and this just gave me images of dancing in on sunbeams and... oh wow.
    i love you so much, miriam - i know i've already told you but i'll tell you a billion more times. i'm so blessed to be able to write with you and talk to you and form this unlikely friendship in an unlikely way. :') then, now, and forever, pen and ink. music and violin.

gahhh im bawling this is too niceeeeeeee omggggg <3 <3 <3 <3 im sorry im a bit of a mess rn you're amazing i love you ok byeeee <3