McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi!! Thank you so much for checking out my piece! Any feedback is always welcome, appreciated, and super helpful! Make sure to read the footnotes!! Have an amazing day :)

That’s What Friends Are For

5

(Intro) 

I don’t know how to write our friendship out and give it justice
But I’m going to try cause our story’s worth it
She’s been there for years, since first grade
With her humor, smile, and amazing personality 
We became connected at the hip and we’ve got so much in common 
She’s literally everything that makes a friend perfect 

(Verse 1)

I told her my deepest secret 
Cause I needed to confide in somebody when the world was tumbling down on me 
And she accepted me for me, said she loved me no matter my identity 
She built the world again, made my life’s puzzle complete 

(Chorus)

I want to be heard 
Oh, I want to be heard 
So you sit down and listen to my words
Yeah, that’s what friends are for 
I want to be seen
Oh, I want to be seen   
So you say hello and open up the door 
Yeah, that’s what friends are for 
I want to be loved 
Oh, I want to be loved 
So you give me a hug and tell me everything will be alright
I can’t picture life without you in mine 

(Verse 2)

She knows just what to say and do  
To cheer me up when above there’s only gray clouds without a rainbow 
To solve any problem that most would give up trying to fix on 
Yeah, she’s always the one I can count on to pull through and pick me up every time I fall down 

(Chorus)

I want to be heard 
Oh, I want to be heard 
So you sit down and listen to my words
Yeah, that’s what friends are for 
I want to be seen
Oh, I want to be seen   
So you say hello and open up the door 
Yeah, that’s what friends are for 
I want to be loved 
Oh, I want to be loved 
So you give me a hug and tell me everything’s going to be alright

(Verse 3)

She deserves so much more that what she’s given 
Because without her I wouldn’t have the strength to write these lyrics 
Yeah, she should have much more credit 
When she has my back through anything, she’s always there to rescue me 

(Chorus)

If you want to be heard 
Oh, you want to be heard 
So I sit down and listen to your words 
That’s what friends are for 
If you want to be seen 
Oh, you want to be seen 
So I say hello and open up the door 
That’s what friends are for 
If you want to be loved 
Oh, you want to be loved 
So I give you hug and tell you everything’s going to be alright 
Our friendship makes life that much better 

(Outro)

Because you’re worth it
I’m worth it 
We’re worth it 
And life is what friends are for

Notes: First off, all of these song lyrics are dedicated to one of my most amazing, hilarious, supportive, and beautiful friends, Hayden_1218. (These lyrics are also for every friend of mine but specifically they are about Hayden) She has recently started an account on Write The World (so go check it out— she only has 2 pieces published but might be publishing some more soon) but our friendship goes back to first grade and we’re both in eighth right now. Anyways, I came out to her as bisexual (via text because of COVID-19 times lol) last night and she was so supportive and sweet and she was the first person in the entire world to know, expect now everyone reading this does too! 

Also, remember amazing friends are always worth it and they bring so much light to life :)

• February 21, 2021 - 9:47am (Now Viewing)

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Wow. Now that it's March you may have come out to more people, but I'm glad you did! I haven't seen this piece yet but it's a great one! That must have taken a lot of courage and I applaud you for that! I don't completely know what it's like being straight, but I'm always here if you want to talk! (Just a daily reminder I'm here :)

Wow! this was a beautiful song- as per usual! This line was my absolute favourite because it was just so- idk how to describe it- perfect- "Because without her I wouldn’t have the strength to write these lyrics" it just made the song feel so uniquely you! The first two lines are the best way to start and the outro is just so professional sounding!! And the chorus is wonderfully written as well! It just perfectly describes what friends are for! And this line really showed how amazing your friend is, "To solve any problem that most would give up trying to fix on" RE: Omg you're sooo super sweet! Thank youuu! I actually had no clue if I was even going to be able to write an op-ed in the beginning because I really didn't know what to write about and then suddenly, I realized- wait! I'm glad you liked it so much though! Thank you so much for all your super in-depth comments- they help so much! And omg sameee- I swear my mum thinks there's something wrong with me with how big I smile after reading your comments! And hahah loll, don't worry about it! Also I am so sorry for the super late comment- I promise I will always respond, I just really want to sit down whenever I reply to you and try to give a really thoughtful response!! :) And oooh memoirs! That's really cool- my parents read Michelle Obama's book and they loved it soo much! I haven't read any myself but I think I may want to start now because wow! Those all sound so amazing! And ooh- I haven't read Poet X but The Hate U Give I loved so much! Realistic fiction really helps broaden my mindset on different issues and helps me view things from others viewpoints! And same! I read Divergent when i was in grade 5 loll and then Hunger Games in like grade 7 cause I was too scared of it XD! I like dystopian fiction but lately I've kind of geared away from that and I like realistic fiction more- and that includes classics like Pride and Prejudice (my favourite book ever)! Right now I'm reading this book called Life of Pi which is so far really well-written! Oooh a puppy- I'm not entirely sure the breed. I've always been one for Golden Retrievers however. And the name would definitely have to be Loki (marvel reference right there). What are your dog's names? And again thank you so much!! :)))
    Now RE for "Darling": Omg awww, I'm so glad you picked up on all those things- especially the changing of names! Thank you so much :))

• useless :)

first- you're so good at writing songs!! the two i've read have been beautiful...and the meaning behind this one just makes it even better. it's so sweet :)
    second- congratulations! i'm so glad she was supportive, and i'm happy for you :D

• Lizzie R

This is beautifully done!! I love it so much and congratulations on coming out!! I also just recently came out to my best friend as sexually fluid (which is essentially bisexual just minus the label lol) But I'm so proud of you because it's not an easy thing to do :))

Re: Thank you so much!! Writing really is amazing for expressing emotions. It's so cathartic. Thank you so much it means a lot :))) She says thank you!

• Love, Rose

this is stunning - well done

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Jeans and tshirts for the WIN! :D

Re: Thank you so much! Yeah I've always liked the song, but due to a situation I'm in rn it means more to me now.

• Livsnjutare

This is such a beautiful song about friends!! I loved reading it!
    re: Thank you so much!!
    love,
    kitten

• SamRose

Re: Wow, that means a lot! Thank you so much!

• psithurism

re: Thank you so much!

• Hayden_1218

Omg McKeely!!!!! This is amazing!! You are so smart, talented and such an amazing friend!! I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful friend and can’t imagine life without you!! You bring out the best in me and I am so glad that I do the same for you! I love you so much and am proud of you for writing this AMAZING piece!! I hope I can visit you soon and not have to FaceTime, cause of COVID . Anyway, I love you and keep up the great work!!