Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

the sound of rain

i PROMISE my next piece will be a thank-you for 250, it's taken me longer to write than i'd expected! but don't worry, i'll publish it sometime this week. so sorry for the delay! :)

can i? | #januarygifting

22

hold my hand through the dark, don't
let me get too far away.
i'm a child at your mercy, and
you seem to be a guardian angel.

can i believe in you?

i feel you next to me - i hope that isn't weird -
you're with me. your words linger in me.
they resonate with something in my heart, and
something says it's meant to be. 
there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and
you're helping me see.

i want to walk along a beach with you,
let the waves crash over our feet,
and maybe then i'll find the meaning of poetry,
in friendship that runs deeper than the depths
of the sea.

can i believe in you?

understand me, please, understand who
i'm desperately longing to be. understand why
i need you so much - and understand how
i love you more than even that. 
we can be imperfect together, you and i,
maybe, just maybe.

and it kinda feels like a song, in a way,
the melody line haunting me long after the music
fades away. and i sort of think that's
beautiful, in a way - we're
beautiful, in a way.

and you've been everything and more. you've
done everything and more. there's no word
to illustrate the way i love you - because i do.
i do.
is it foolish to love like this? maybe, but
i don't want to give this up.

because, well,
you make me smile.
and that's something.

i believe in you.
this is for you, mir.

it began really as soon as you joined. out of all the names, out of all the pieces, i found yours. and i was so amazed, because you were so talented. you are so talented. we clicked - at least, i feel like we did. you inspire me and encourage me and lift me up. you make me smile, every time i talk to you! i hope it's okay that i love you - because, honestly? you feel like a sister to me. and that's... kinda cool :) we're similar, and yet our differences bring us closer. i think that's pretty amazing!

i want my journey to be with you. if, you know, that's okay :)

here's to the future, friend <3

• ~wildflower~

Re: awwww Ella, thank you so so so so so so so so much for your comment. I just couldn’t stop smiling after I read it. Your friendship has meant so much to me too - you are such a caring and bright person and our little chats never fail to warm my heart. Your support for my writing means so much. I’m so grateful that we both happened to stumble across this site because your pieces are seriously some of the most beautiful I have ever read, anywhere. Thank you for sharing your talent with people across the world - I think they bring a lot of joy to a lot of people and I aspire to one day write as well as you do. I miss chatting with you too. We should talk more often! So how have you been lately?
    p.s your new profile picture’s lovely!

• marisol lafaille

oh this is just wonderful, the sincerity in the piece just makes it such a pleasant and beautiful thing to read
    replying: I know this is very late, but thank you so much for all of your comments on my pieces, I am very new to writing (sort of just got swept into it by this) I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for your support.

• Wisp

Replying: Aw, thank you dear. Everyone is absolutely kind here, and all the kind things that have been said to you is absolutely well-deserved. You're such a sweetheart, and I'm glad somewhere along the way our infinities began to intersect <3

WHAT
    this
    you
    mirkat
    everything
    wisp started something truly good. something right and necessary. and look at the masterpieces that have been written. also, happy new year!

• beth r.

well excuse me while i go cry into my chocolate milk. this is so sweet, I just- wow. both you and mirkat are amazing, I stan this friendship so dang hard.
    re: lol thanks for the comment! haven't spoken to you in a hot minute lol- hope you're well :)

• Busssy.Beee

the repetition of "can i believe in you?" and then the "i believe in you." it's flawless. Stunning!!!

replying: haha ya lets be optimistic.
    oh lol i should've checked your time zone.yeah thats super weird because i talked to you last night and now its the next days afternoon...anyways goodluck with school,have fun!

oh and how was your first day of school?

WAIT ELLA I WAS JUST TOLD THAT SCHOOL STARTS IN 8 DAYS,HOQ WAS I SO DUMB.HDHDNDJ IM NOT EMOTIONALLY OR PHYSICALLY PREPARED

• ReaganGrace

This is just beautiful! how are all my friends so talented!!!<3

This is gorgeous!! wow :o

• sci-Fi

wow... this is beautiful.

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: happy new year! *clinks glass of tea*

you'll see! XD <3

• Wisp

"and maybe then i'll find the meaning of poetry,
    of the sea."
    Absolutely love this piece, there's just so much compassion and warmth and mirth in it. It's so sweet and so kind and so heartwarming. I couldn't help but smile while reading this piece, because there was just this touch of a feeling--a feeling that felt like home in a way. This piece felt like coming back home to open arms, like returning to love time and time again. Lovely piece.
    Replying: Dear, where do I possibly begin with you? You have been such a kind soul, and you have graced WtW with your presence, your being, your writing, and well first and foremost yourself. When I think of this part of my life, I'm glad to know that it is you that comes to mind. I'm glad to know that you are a person I'm able to call a friend. You've given me courage to take steps forward in writing that I would've never thought to do before. Thank you dear, may we write alongside each other, whether through screen or the memory of this once upon a time, for as long as time itself.

Happy New Year! Sending my love!

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

re: howdy

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

re: lol, bro, it's queenie. just changed my user

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: aww thank you!
    speaking of which, happy January!
    Ella,
    *tries not to cry*
    You helped me so much when I first joined, like the time when I reached 100--I am fairly certain I cried when I saw all the comments. You are a revolutionary and a WtW deity to me. So here's to the future!
    *cries anyway*

"if, you know, that's okay :)" yes! yes it is! okay yes i cried because i feel the exact same about you-- you are an exceptional being. "i hope it's okay that i love you - because, honestly? you feel like a sister to me. and that's... kinda cool :) we're similar, and yet our differences bring us closer. i think that's pretty amazing!" pretty amazing alight... yeah i totally get it. thank you ella, thank you paisley blue. sisters! always wanted one and now i have one XD and your comment on my last piece wowwowow sometimes we are at a loss for words and the ones we choose can't even begin to explain anything but that language you chose was perfect and i got it and felt it.... hearing really is the perfect song for that! alright i don't know how to say anything about how i appreciate you but ima write a piece dedicated to you too! this is so sweet and wow really just etheral and ineffable. as always,
    <3<3<3

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

aaa this is so prettyyy-

awww this is so beautiful ella! such a sweet piece,i love seeing appreciation pieces<3

• (sk)eyesofocher

ohhhh this is beautiful. just beautiful.
    also what exactly is this prompt? I'd like to attempt it.

• crystalline•galaxies

i love this piece so much -- and mir certainly deserves this piece as well as the world :)