Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

I visited my grandma recently. She lives quite far away, so I don't get to visit her often. It rained there, and the rain unveiled the perfect setting for this prompt. Let me know what you think. Love, S. <3

Patter to Petrichor

It begins with patter, like the impatient tap
of painted nails, the rain thrums on the roof.
The wind swooshes in, positions the curtains 
parallel to the floor, and does a better job than
the house cat at knotting eights between
your ankles. The water falls faster. Faster than
the flurry of feet, rushing to fasten slamming
doors and shivering windows. It's cold.
But the rain beckons for you in pattering
undulations, promising fluttering rains 
and the sweetest taste of the cosmos
on your lips. So you succumb. Fingers wrapping 
around metal window grills, you stretch out your hand
and call for the rain. So it kisses you, like sparks
across your skin. And then, as abruptly as it began,
it ends. And it ends with petrichor.
I live in the city. When it rains, we close the windows and get on with our lives. My grandma lives in a rural area. There, the rain is different. When it falls, it pulls you in, it invites you to become a part of this communion between the sky and the earth, and so, you simply do.

• January 12, 2021 - 12:00am (Now Viewing)

• Zirong

Ooo the title is so intriguing and this whole piece is so amazing! Your word choices are so exquisite, as always :)

re: words cannot express my happiness when I see your profile name in my Notifications!!! Tons of thanks for your detailed&sweet comments <3

yea you're right the protagonist in Phone Calls, Letters, and You is talking about me haha~ Also, I believe you can balance school and writing well! Good luck for your exams(if they're not over yet)! You are definitely going places <3 <3 <3

• remi'sgotinkstains

Re: thanks for the tip Starlitskies! I was wondering why everyone was doing that before they said stuff! Love your poem lots!

• nopenopenope

Chapter Two of "Between the Sun-Drenched Waves" is out:

• Figwit [HIATUS]

Oh my gosh!!! I love this so much! Also, petrichor is one of my favorite words :) The descriptions pull me in and immerse me in the beautiful scene you create!

Oh my goodness! This is glorious. I feel so invigorated!! Your diction was tangible and exquisite. I love how you specified things like the nails that were painted and metal window grills. I'd like to go on and on about this piece, but to be perfectly honest, I'm dumbfounded.

• Dragonfly

This is wonderfully written!! I love how it creates such a vivid scene, the feeling is perfectly conveyed! I could read this over and over again!
    Re: Thank you so much for your comment! I will try and look for an opportunity.