Zinniav

I'm 17, interested in linguistics, mathematics, philosophy, theology, and history.

She/ Her | Bi | Disabled | Agnostic | Useless Intellectual | WA

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions.

I am primarily a poet, though I occasionally wade into prose and nearly always drown myself.

Listening to: Bell and Sebastian, Kings of Convenience, Jose Gonzales, Simon and Garfunkel, The Gentle Good

Reading: Albert Camus, Italo Calino, Robert Kaplan, Annie Dillard, Garcia Lorca, Hafiz, Ocean Vuong , Patrick Rothfuss

Watching: Derry Girls, Madam Secretary, The Durells in Corfu, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

If you would like a review, just ask!

I am always looking for good new books to read. Suggestions are welcome!

Please, please, feel free to start up a conversation or debate in the comment section of any of my pieces. There is nothing I like more than intellectual discussion.

Rebellion

7
Common sense wavers in the moonlight. 

The derelict structure of human heartbeats,
denotes only the space between our sighs. 

Our tower of precious moments teetering,  
we revolt against the stars. 

There is a round pond in the woods near my house. In the summer it's full of ducks; In the winter, emptiness. During the dark hours it's filled by neither ducks nor emptiness. When shivering with midnight audacity I peer into the faceless water, I am looking for nothing more than Avalon. 

1

• Cosmogyral

I wish I could like this again, it's lovely.

• Cosmogyral

"Our tower of precious moments teetering, /we revolt against the stars." The clashing of story really got me here, you fall off balance by losing those moments, and so you revold against a destiny sewn into the sky. Wonderful.

• Shivona

This is the kind of poem you just want to read repeatedly
    I really love it, it has such a still, ominous and dark atmosphere
    Ps thank you for commenting on my entry, thank that's so much for the author recommendation, I'll definitely check him out