Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

and when the sun shines, i'll always remember you.

heliophilia | #januarygifting

15

/

humans are meant to be briefly gorgeous
and it's in that brief moment of time
that we find something to call gorgeous 

and for me, it was the shining sun 

/

i used to collect tears like flower petals, 
saving them in glass jars and placing them 
by my windowsill

but one day, when i awoke, those petals 
turned to droplets of sunshine, and slowly 
those tears turned into smiles

/

i found something to call gorgeous 
and it was that shining sun that would 
drip golden during the mornings

and in the days of bliss and innocence 
i would whisper secrets to the sky, 
letting them be carried away by the wind
and the clouds, until they arrived to the 
ears of the sun

/

i have never seen the sun, but i have felt its 
warmth, basking me in golden rays and new 
beginnings. the sun and i, you and i, are 
briefly gorgeous, together

/

sunshine, perhaps one day, we'll meet, 
perhaps one day, i'll laugh alongside you, 
perhaps one day, we'll collect jars of droplets 
of sunshine together

/

and when the sun shines, i can't help but smile 
because it is my beacon of hope, it is the reason 
behind my jars of sunshine by the windowsill
it is the beauty i've found in this world 

/

humans are meant to be briefly gorgeous 
but when the sun shines, it is so much than gorgeous 
it is truly radiant
This one's for you Sunshine; heliophilia - (n.) desire to stay in the sun; love of sunlight. 

It began in August, but I never started talking to you until November when I sent you that one magical thank you comment. You've made my days full of so many more smiles, so many more laughs, and so much more love. You stay and listen, you care and gosh are you so genuine. I can tell you care, because never once have you not asked me how I'm doing. You always take that moment to ask, you always make me feel that I'm being heard and seen. You're my Sunshine, and I know I'll never forget you. 

If humans are meant to be briefly gorgeous, then I'm glad that it's with you. 

#januarygifting

this is gorgeous and i'm drawn to sun imagery because...(glances at my name)....but!! whoever this is for, they're so so lucky!! also the briefly gorgeous ocean vuong reference teehee so lovely!

• Busssy.Beee

re: I've sat at my desk for more than 10 minutes, trying to think of a response to your comment. Your comment has really left me thinking for a little bit, in a good way. After a while of pondering, I realized you were right about writing. Writing really isn't all about technique, but expression. And that, has been one of the greatest lessons I learned so far in 2021. And, I'm glad it was you, out of all people, who taught me that.

And then, communication-wise, I would be more than happy to reach out! I think I was at first I was just a tad bit afraid to reach out, but that's changed now. So, would you, Wisp, be willing to talk?

And finally, when you leave, would you still be on prose? Surely, you will be missed on wtw, but maybe you can stay on prose when the time comes? Nonetheless, I believe we still have a little time before that arrives. so, let's try to enjoy the moment, yeah? <3

• hi i'm jackson ;)

oh my gosh I have to say it again im gonna crY
    aaA
    im doin a happy dance in my seat in class look what you've doNE

• hi i'm jackson ;)

oh wow

dude imma cry im in school lol
    I
    aa
    this is so sweet misty oh my gosh its so sweet I just- I have no words
    so beautifully written
    *dies*
    you are my intertwined infinity too my friend
    I actually saw a diagram this morning depicting lives as lines and it was like childhood best friends, the Iines slowly drift apart, you know? it was really cool and made me think of the intertwined infinity thing
    anyway re:
    oh no, i'm sorry..although yeah, that's probably best. I'm sorry about your aunt, I hope she gets better soon.
    oh the reason I didn't know was because my parents didn't know either...we were looking for a church that would take my dad (he's a pastor) and apparently it's a very long process...but yes bugs!! there's a kind of bug there called a jungle nymph and if I owned one I would take it to bed every night so when people asked me if I was seeing anyone I could be like "yeah, actually I'm sleeping with a jungle nymph!" and they'd be like "wooooow," imagining some flowery goddess from the amazon when really I was cuddling an exotic stick bug lololol
    it does feel like I'm taking a step out of adolescence...im not sure how I feel about that. the future holds lots of possibilities but part of me would rather stay little haha
    yeah, hoping for the best...im fine with hoping but just thinking it'll change everything?? uh, no? we're still in a pandemic, people? remember?
    agh, school...I'm not sure how I feel about school starting up again. to be honest, I'm kinda sick of this town. new friends take lots of effort to maintain, and I disagree with lots of them on stuff like gun violence and politics...trying not to let that affect our friendships but their views make me feel unsafe. however one of my teachers is the best teacher I may have ever had and I love him so that's one upside. waking up early is sooo hard, I entirely agree. I stalled for ten minutes after I woke up so I could stay in bed longer lol
    I don't have hangouts, sorry...I might be able to get it though

• Dmoral

i LOVE this. everything about this. the poetry, the meaning, the message, the #. every damn thing i'm obsessed with

oh wow. oh wow wow owow... um ow this hurts because of the beauty dripping from my computer screen. this poem wow... the imagery blew my mind and i love everything about this. you know, you're my sunshine! XD thanks for sharing this wonderful masterpiece with us.
    re: your comments always make me think more deeply about my piece and the one you just commented on was no exception-- you make poetry commenting on poetry which is like a whole other level of poeticness and wit so thank you for everything, all your kind bits and yeah, paisley blue is awesome and so glad others see that! XD alright, yes my hiatus was nice butttt i missed everyone here so dearly. i never realized how much i depend on and give to this community you know? it was great coming back.as for your comments about me... thank thank thank you i have no words same thing back at you! and yeah! everyone looking forward to 2021 where i wake up the same... well at least it's a visual start over thing you know... a spiritual and emotional start over kinda only happens when we come accorss a new idea or thought or book or song... i don't know if that makes sense just kinda spewing my thoughts but yeah. sooooo for me it's sorta night time evening i'll say so i wish you a marvelous night and sweet dreams!
    <3<3<3

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: well now I'm crying. Thank you so much--I didn't realize I did that much^^ And about that down in the dumps day--you can always sign up for daily cheerups with Lindy.. XD But thank you so much. I am so glad to have met you.

Wow, this is something that will stay gorgeous in the back of my mind for quite some time. Incredible.

Oh, also, I want to thank you. Wisp, you've been such a good friend on here, and I really love your work and talking to you and... yeah. You're so encouraging and kind, and I really hope I can continue to get to know you. You inspire me and make me want to write. I love writing alongside you, and I hope I can continue to do so for many more years :)

Hope your new year is going well! Lots of love <3

this. is so. beautiful.

i don't have any words <3

• Yellow Sweater

Re: Thank you! I just finished on earth we are briefly gorgeous last night. His poetry is incredible. I love how he makes music out of tangible imagery.

• AJ - Izzy

"and in the days of bliss and innocence
    i would whisper secrets to the sky,
    ears of the sun"...
    this truly tugged at my heartstrings, absolutely gorgeous writing. <3 <3

• Yellow Sweater

This is lovely. Have you read “On Earth We are Briefly Gorgeous” by Ocean Voung

Holy moly this is gorgeous. how :o

• Busssy.Beee

Beautiful! "i used to collect tears like flower petals,
    saving them in glass jars and placing them; by my windowsill; but one day, when i awoke, those petals; turned to droplets of sunshine, and slowly
    those tears turned into smiles" gorgeous simile and imagery. Stunning way to thank someone!