rwong

~average teen writer/poet~
lover of historical fiction books (especially WWII)
dog lover
pianist
musical lover

joined september 19, 2020

say hi to my amazing wtw friends: mirkat, Paisley Blue, lochnessie, and SunV
and my irl friend: JMkittycat

"never dim the light that shines from within." - maya angelou
"poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." - robert frost
"all you have to do is write one true sentence. write the truest sentence that you know." - ernest hemingway

midnight blue

16
if you were a color, you'd be midnight blue:

the color of the sky when the sun dips below the horizon / her light having succumbed to the darkness which trails her golden rays
        because life never really goes as planned and somedays the light fades / and i'm lost wandering through an entangled pathway of worried thoughts / but then you're there around me
handcrafted stardust tossed into existence made visible by your appearance / falling gently as glitter does, gracefully emerging into your never-ending embrace
        and you have taught me that hope can be found even troubled times / because you too are struggling / have struggled / but through it you stand strong / and are made even stronger
        and so i look up to you / the way one looks up to the sky / the midnight blue sky

suddenly i'm painfully self-conscious that everyone except those in america spell color "colour"... (oh and sidenote, the word "colour" is actually underlined in red because apparently it's wrong. no it's not, but okay computer. whatever you say.)
anyway this piece is written for one of my friends at church who's literally one of sweetest people and she's kinda like an older sister to me (and to my biological older sister -- wow i just made that really confusing)

re: hi rwong! been hectic with school starting and high school applications and this test i have to takeee next week all online for like 3 hours straight and studying and finding time to write.... but today is good. in tech and programming class now and only slightly paying attention. i like looking out my window because it's so beautiful the day right after it rains... sun is slanting in and dappling our hill of ivy and i can see into my neighbor's house because we got our bushes trimmed. anyway thank you for the compliments you have no idea how happy they make me and i really really miss talking to you. how are you? what book(s) are you reading? how is your day?
    <3<3<3

• Caleb Urlacher

re: love it! And thanks for the kind words. My inspiration comes from a lot of places. Sometimes it's music, sometimes i'm in the car.

This is so beautiful!!! And I get so irritated at the 'color' 'colour' thing. I'm in India, so my keyboard thinks 'color' is wrong, but I've learnt basic writing/spelling in US, so I spell 'color''favor''honor'favorite' etc etc, like that, whereas it's supposed to be 'colour''favour''honour''favourite' etc etc. Stupid English.

Re: Thank you so much! And don't worry, one's coming up for you too! That was just my first batch :)

rE- Thank you so so so much!! Ahh have a wonderful day!

• crystalline•galaxies

i’m really in love with the way you have all the writing up at the top with a big space at the bottom. it looks like a sky.

oh wow. wow wow wowo ow this hurts in a beautifully brilliant way.... same parts happy butterfly pasted in-- that's what also struck a cord in me.... i love this rwong and so sweet that you and your sister have a person who is not your sister but is like a sister to look up to (wow somehow even more confusing than the way you phrased it). blah americans and color... colour is just so much cooler right? and like theater and theatre and all the other better spellings in british english. alright, dear, thanks for your comment! and yeah, it's been forever since we talked! i''ve been on hiatus for winter break but now i'm back. i've missed talking to you so much! you always make me laugh and smile! i'm doing good.... how are you? nighty night even tho it's like dinner time rn!
    <3<3<3

• R.j.Elsewhere

Only you and your talents could make me fall in love with a colour. Gorgeous job, I’m forever taken with your work.

"because life never really goes as planned and somedays the light fades" oh my gosh that's so beautiful.everything was so beautiful.<3
    okay but don't worry about how you spell "colour" ,it doesn't matter,just write it how you're comfortable with.<3