Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

"Some of us love you
Achilles, it's not much but there's proof"
Love you Athena.
(Also, did you catch all the references?)

athena, my dear | #januarygifting

16

somewhere between the trojan war and the
city of athens, there was you and i. 

the two of us began whisked away by a single wish, 
pure blue light, pale rose lips, coruscating and twinkling,
full of azure oblivion
--
you and i began with fingertips grazing the edge of existence 

perhaps we had met lifetimes ago, because when i'm 
with you, it's comfortable. when i'm with you, it feels 
like home. perhaps in another life, i had loved you
just as i do now

there is a place where you and i would travel to, 
a place only the two of us know, far from prying eyes, 
far from reality's hold. the two of us are each other's 
escape. you are my city behind the stars. 

you and i live through dreams, through memories of 
lives long lost. in a memory, i have held your hand, 
i have seen the cuts that dot your fingers. i have loved
you through and through. in this memory, i have danced 
that terrible dance with you once more

athena, my dear, you and i are a prophecy worth telling, 
you and i are a legend worth beholding

one day you and i will light candles in rome, 
and smell the sweet air of the votives
My dearest Athena, this one goes out to you. 

Who would've thought that one comment I made on your first piece all those months ago would lead us to this moment? You are certainly one of the sweetest people I've ever met and our conversations never cease to make me smile. Not only are you a kind soul, but you are a brilliant writer. Your pieces never cease to make me swoon and feel a little giddy even. I am beyond glad to have met you, to have laughed and smiled behind the screen with you, to be a person to call your friend. You mean the world to me and I hope our friendship lasts for the longest of time. Sweetie, dearie, hon, you've carved a special place in my heart.

#januarygifting

• crystalline•galaxies

re: aw, thank you for the support! and i’m so very sorry about your grandpa... that’s a terrible situation and i pray that he feels better soon. i’m always here if you need to talk or vent or anything and i seriously don’t mind it at all, it makes me feel good. i’m glad you’ve cheered up a bit, but i get the feeling of shutting down and not being able to get back up. i’m right there as well. it’s not fun at all, and i hope you can get back on your feet sometime soon — but also remember to take the time you need to heal and feel better. if there’s anything i can do to help or support you, let me know. sending love!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i’m feeling quite sentimental as well. and yeah i haven’t been around as much as usual; finals are hitting and i’m continually exhausted and emotionally done. i won’t get into details too much, but life’s been kinda icky. some parts of it. i guess it depends. your messages always make me happy. how are you doing though? i know you kind of said how it was going, but i feel like i should ask now. i’m so sorry haha i swear i’ve forgotten how to interact with people. my brain is gone!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: aw, wisp, you're so sweet! i hope you're doing alright. your comments make me just as happy during rough times, so i should also thank you for every interaction we've had.

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh, i'm so glad you thought highly of the piece! i reread it once i woke up the morning after i wrote it and liked it so much better than while in the middle of it. perhaps i got possessed sometime during the night and it really is a message from an ancient world, haha.

• cloudi

re: tysm for the comment! yes, it was 17 days ago... oopsie!

replying: i'm so happy you like it ,thank you:)oh my gosh you are totally spot on! that was exactly what i was writing about haha.
    replying: aww thank you so much<3

and i am at a loss for words.i do not know how i haven't read your work before the #januarygifting.i genuinely don't know how to describe this piece and how much i love it. just know that it is so so beautiful and woah i'm speechless

• crystalline•galaxies

re: it's gotten through so, so strongly, my dear wisp. the little nods to lines in my pieces, the "achilles come down" reference, the greek mythology bits... i don't have words to express how much this means to me. and your footnotes? i'm speechless! the fact that someone would take time out of their day to write a piece about me is so flattering, and i want to gush over this piece of work for as long as i live. i feel that this encapsulates our interactions, our friendship, the time we've shared talking to each other so well, and it's insane how you've managed to put it into little black lines on a screen. i can't thank you enough for this.

• Busssy.Beee

re: ooh 8:30? that sounds so nice! but, does that mean you end later? my friend starts at 8:30 too, but ends at 3:30 instead, so I don't know. I end at like 2:15 Mondays-Thursdays so, it's not too bad. Ah, having Wednesdays off sound like a dream. But, Thursdays are the worst days, so I guess Wednesdays aren't too bad.
    I don't drink tea, coffee, or caffeinated drinks either! That's because back when I was in elem, I read an article about caffeine making your enamel yellow. My natural enamel has a hint of the palest yellow, like it's not noticeable, but I don't get want it to get worse, so I just avoid it. Coffee also taste really bitter, so I guess it isn't for me haha.
    Oh, and my dad used the same "scaring" technique, except he would say, "If you don't play your piano, you'll get taller." Back then, I would be called tall all the time (and still get called that all the time :P) so, I probably I didn't want to be tall back then. Anyway, I guess lots of dads use the "scaring" technique. xD

• Love, Rose

this is stunning - well done

re: oh! the song! okay well knew it had the word achilles somewhere. just listened to it and can't say it's my style... i like the lyrics though. the song is kinda heavy. not for me, but i'm glad you and athena found a song to obsess over! XD and thank you for all the compliments, wisp. you compliment me every time and i just want you to know it brings a smile to my face... you matter and your thoughts do, too, and you spread so much positivity and joy. i don't even know how to thank you or tell you how much i look forward to your comments. well i think you are one of the kindest people i've ever talked to... and not the kind of kind (haha) where you fake interest or something like that. you actually care, from the bottom of your heart, and i can tell. anyway! how is your day going? school started for me again and i'm in Spanish class right now.... blah writing book reviews in Spanish is not fun. it's a beautiful day today and i love looking out my window as i work... the days after it rains are always the best because everything is brought alive and the puddles are evaporating and all the birds and squirrels are out. it doesn't snow where i live but sometimes i wish it did. today is not one of those days. okay, well have a marvelous day week month year all of time. know i am always here!
    <3<3<3

• Busssy.Beee

Re: oh really? Ever since online school, every Friday for us is a half day, so :D but still, school just ain't fun, especially online. Also, I'll give you all my good luck for your first day back!! But, to be honest, I'm dreading it too. Starting school at 7 a.m in the morning is definitely not my cup of tea. Speaking of tea, do you drink coffee?

• Busssy.Beee

Phenomenal. Just phenomenal. I can't really say much except that. Simply divine. <3
    Re: hehehe, yay! That means we have lots of time! Wait, oh no. . . . I just realized that school starts tomorrow :\ have you started school?

• marisol lafaille

just gorgeous. I love the incorporation of the stars, for me it made the piece, all of the intertwining themes and feelings, truly heartfelt and can make even strangers (like me) feel what this friendship means to you.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awww! Thank you so much about the piece! I am so glad you like it! And the comment about it made me so happy!
    And oh my, thank you!! You are soooo sweettttt!! Thanks for everything. I’m so glad I know you, my friend!

okay. the picture this paints? i don't even know. this is spectacular, a work of art in its self... i love how you have that setting the trojan war and related it to the book you both love, song of achilies, right? i have yet to read it but now it's on my list. i feel the connectedness if that's even a word (oh wait grammarly says it is) and the love weaved into each and every line. phenomanel. athena really is an exceptional person and i am so glad you share a beautiful and blossoming friendship with them. stay safe, wisp, and keep writing!
    <3<3<3

• dream02

Re: omg first off, CONGRATSSSS! Second omg lol. I'll think of some questions lol.

• crystalline•galaxies

wisp. oh my actual goodness. how do i even respond to this? i don't think i have the words or the mental capacity to respond appropriately. let me think on a better comment, but for now, just know that i saw this and started crying.

Wow, this is breathtaking, and so, so perfect for them. They truly are one of the most beautiful, talented people on here—and I'm so glad you two are such beautiful friends. You said it so perfectly, when you wrote "because when i'm / with you, it's comfortable. when i'm with you, it feels / like home" this is just so amazing :)
    They deserve this, and this is absolutely beautiful <3 :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Dear Wisp,
    I know I really don’t know you very well. But I wanted to thank you. For your kindness, support, encouragement, and everything. Thank you for being you.
    -Eden
    #Januarygifting