happy butterfly

South Africa

14
poet
pisces
swimmer
reader
a shy people's person
wtw's official little sister:)
turn it into art

i've spilt all my stars out for you

forever is the sweetest con
-taylor swift

the world is spinning me in all it's divine moments and have i ever the chance of being blessed like this again?

special wtw sister to anne blackwood<3
honey aunt to FantasyOtter12:)
spectral and i are admirers who love keyboard smash

take me to the lakes, where all the poets went to die - taylor swift

it's time to sing something for no other reason than to feel my voice -anne blackwood

so rearrange the world and perhaps you'll find your celebration of humanity -dmoral

thrilling love

25

diamond ring 'round my neck,
i feel my own death
coming coming coming
i have trapped myself in your story ( what a thrilling story )
steady steps are a foreign movement and 
slow dance makes me nervous
i won't make an effort to stop thinking about you
and if we're not written in the stars, who cares?
i never see the constellations anyway.
losing myself in everything that will be taken away from me
forget all my desires, one glimpse of you satisfies every want.
i'm clueless in a spiral of love, there are no corners to hide and feel safe.
my ribcage cracked open and i breathe in limitless hope
i feel no need to be careful right now

1

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

AHHHHHH I love this so much friend. I can't wait to read more of your work and get your feedback on mine. SOOOOO GOOOD

• Max K

This is very romantic. I've never been good at poetry so this is amazing to me :)

• erin!

replying: thank you soooo much, you have no idea how sweet you are. your comment made my day!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you so much! Have an awesome day!

Hi! That was such a sweet comment! :D

• Wisp

"and if we're not written in the stars, who cares?
    i never see the constellations anyway."
    Also those last two lines, just absolutely stunning. I love the movement and rhythm in this piece, it just steals my breath away. I get this vibe that this piece is like live in this moment, fall in love for the heck of it and fall deeply and madly without any care in the world. There's a recklessness in this piece that just works so well and I can't help but smile at that.
    Replying: You're so sweet! You definitely made my day and just thank you so much for all your kindness and positivity towards #januarygifting. It means so much and you are just an absolute sweetheart!

Re: Ohhh Anisa!! I love you so much! I could flip basically everything you said about me on you... You're amazing. Thank you. <3 <3 <3

Aww thanks so MUCH!!! it means a lot :)

re: thank you so much! dear you're so sweet and bright and your work is simply gorgeous! everything you said to me, i feel the same about you - your presence is what makes wtw the way it is! thank you, love :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awww!! Thank you so so so so much!! That means so much! Thank you! Have an amazing day/night!!

Re: Oh, sorry to disappoint you! He's 100% Irish in heritage (I think that's the right word?), but his family has been in the US for generations (ever since the potato famine in Ireland). So no Irish accent here.

Re: Aw thank you Anisa! Lol I'm pale too like my Irish dad, but unlike him, I can handle the sun. It's a nice perk of being mixed.

Re: Thanks! Yeah, that part surprised me a little too lol. I didn't want to rhyme "song" with "wrong", because it felt like the easy way out in this piece, so "gong" just sorta happned.

• beth r.

the last line!!!! *chef's kiss*
    re: lol wld love for you to join next time!!

• V-Rose

Re: Don't worry. I understand. Just come and read whenever you finally can. I'm glad you like the stories. Really! And I know life can get really chaotic (if 2020 taught us anything) so, don't worry, be happy butterfly!

• Emi (Revival Year #NEWYEAR)

I love the line about being written in the stars. It's such a pretty way to discuss constellations. Simply gorgeous!

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Girl, it's totally fine! xD I've missed you, but I can understand how busy you are. Take your time, and never feel obligated :)

Re: THANK YOU lol

re: wow that's so crazy!! time zones are weird lol

XD oh no! well, at least you've got 8 days to prepare yourself :)
    as for me, haha the time difference always surprises me! i'm just about to start school! crazy, huh.
    hope you're well!! <3

• Ren

Omg! This is so amazing! Dude how I have not noticed your poems before. The way your words just flow and everything makes so much sense! I just love it. I think I'm a fan of yours now

re: ahhh thanks XD lol fiiiiiine i'll work on it.

...later.

XP

oh and also #januarygifting. Im sure you already know how much your poetry impacts and inspires here, and i just wanted to emphasize that ;) <3

wow. OKAY. first of all "and if we're not written in the stars, who cares? / i never see the constellations anyway." beauutiful :o
    and the imagery and all the feelings behind this are so incredible. Great work with this, have a nice day!

re: aww haha thank you for your (many) kind comments ;) I'm really glad you liked my piece <3 also, you get 2 more WEEKS of holiday?! lucky duck! I go back to school tomorrow! Which isn't all bad, but i've still got a considerable amount of homework I havent done XD

Hi!

I was thinking about Wisp's #januarygifting prompt, and I wanted to come and say thank you. You've been so inspiring to me - ever since I joined, you're such a constant, beautiful presence. I haven't chatted with you as much as I wish I could, but you're such a kind person and I love talking to you! And your work is phenomenal, seriously - every time you publish my breath is taken away all over again. I hope we can have many more years of writing together and chatting between pieces :)

Blessings on your new year! Hope 2021 is off to a good start for you! Lots of love <333

• Just_A_Memory

Ooooh! Breathtaking!

• feverish saltwater

re: thank you for your support and commenting on my piece, Sea Struck. I love that you noticed the longing of my piece and the destruction.

• feverish saltwater

Amazing poetry and words. The imagery is wonderful and the narrator's bold and fearless. I can tell from your writing just how great this thrilling love story is and the exhilration the narrator feels.

• JonesyL123

You really have a way with words, this is excellent :)

That last line took my breath away, oh my goodness!! You're such a beautiful poet, I'm in awe! <3

Aw wow I love how you wrote this!

• erin!

this immediately reminded me of a taylor swift song and then i saw that you seem to love taylor swift so now im just so excited because swifties are everywhere