Stone of Jade

~ 17 she/her ~
Aspiring writer and artist. Completely awestruck by night skies. Apart of many, many fandoms ;) Reader, journaler, collector.
~ pilot pens and beat-up notebooks ~
one half of the locket
discord LexLuthor#8769

This piece was greatly inspired by FantasyOtter's rhyming series (link in footnotes). Go check out some of his pieces--he is such a talented writer!

Also can I just say-- rhyming is HARD! I had a lot of fun writing this piece but it took me a while XD

it has been a tough year, but I am excited for a new start. hbu?

Wishing everyone a Happy, Happy New Year!! I am so glad to have gotten to know so many of you these past months <3
Love you all,
Jade <3

Rhymes with New Year | inspired by FantasyOtter12 (#OtterFamForLife)

11
I think we can all agree 2020 has been a crazy year,

with killer bees and a shortage of corona beer.

Locust swarms in Africa and fires in Australia were a cause of destruction and fear,

World War 3 was rumored but then fortunately quickly disappeared. 

But even all that seemed to just be the premier:

As the months stretched on, longer than any calendar year,

2020 got worse, bringing brand new fears.

A world wide pandemic raged across the global sphere,

shutting people in their houses away from all their peers.

Sickness and losses brought to us many tears,

curses and questions were all our ears could hear.

But people connected, supported, adhered,

we gathered virtually to spread a love quite sincere.

We all learned new lessons that would otherwise be unclear,

we grew excited because a fresh start was near.

So now that 2021 is finally here,

I know we are all relieved to say -- Happy New Year!

as stated above, this was heavily inspired by FantasyOtter's series "Rhymes with..."
You can find his pieces in the footnotes of this piece. Go check them out! They are AMAZING!

That was great! that is a LOT of rhymes. impressive.
    re: i loved seeing your comment! tysm. thanks for not clogging my feed. i wouldn't have minded, but that was thoughtful. i saw you just published the last chapter of "on the high seas" and i'm so excited but i didn't wanna comment there cause, spoilers. i need to catch up first. aw, thanks! i can't believe my peer review actually did anything. i can hardly remember what i wrote. XD
    yes, song lyrics! excited for the feb comp now, and i am going to enter, but it's sort of on the back burner until i get a chance to sit down and think. so is the ukulele learning... lots of little tasks rn. and school.
    thanks for letting me know about the discord server! idk if i'm going to or if i have the time, but that's pretty cool.
    i don't have insta, but i looked up that kid and YOU ARE RIGHT HE NEEDS TO BE PERCY. PERCY HAS A DOPPELGANGER.
    haha don't apologize. for conversation comments, i'll be setting aside time to reply, so it's all good. i just will be limiting replies to short or basic comments.
    thanks so much again for everything! your welcoming and kind comment made my day.

• (sk)eyesofocher

dear Jade (hehe see what I did there)
    You are legendary. At least to me. And now, since last night, when you called me a friend (prolly cried a couple times after the Zoom, not gonna lie) I am so glad to be able to have you in my life--online, at least. And as you said,
    "we are the same person" XD
    #januarygifting

haha i love this so much

Aw I love this piece!! Happy new year!!! :D

• Rohan’s Defender

LOVE THIS SO MUCH!! Great rhymes to have an overview of 2020!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    #OtterFam4Ever!

• Rachaelgrace

this is fantastic!!
    re: i’m so glad! i’ve been doing well too. i wish covid would end so that school could be normal again but virtual school hasn’t been awful (a little hard to focus though haha)

AHH this is so great!! Love this <3 :)