Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*

“The Lord is my Shepherd.” Psalm 23
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

I am here for you all. If you need anything, just tell me. Let’s make tomorrow shine like the stars!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

~Like I said in the footnotes and comments: Let’s join hands! *looks down, holding Anne Blackwood’s and mindfruit’s* ummm...I need more hands of my own, lol. But you get the point!~

Ayyyyyyyyy macarena!

The Hope of a New Year *footnotes!*

13
The clock is

tick
        tick
            tick
                tick
                   ticking down 

For some reason, most of my past New Year’s Eve celebrations haven’t felt quite as important as this one. 

And I’m not quite sure if it’s because of the hard year that is ending

Or the possibilities of the new year that is about to begin....

But I know we have a choice.

Will we keep on the path we’re on now?

Or we we choose to unite and make tomorrow brighter than today?

Only time will tell

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE!!

I know everyone has mixed feelings about 2021. There is no doubt that 2020 was an unexpected, unprecedented, unpredictable year for everyone. Some fear that 2021 will be the same. I totally understand why they feel that way; and I mean in no way to invalidate that. But I am here to give hope to those who need it.
 Let’s join hands. All around the world, we will hold onto each other as this new year dawns. It’s true, we do not know what tomorrow will bring. But whatever it is, we can get through it. You are not alone. God will help you. I will stand beside you. This is not defeat.
 So if you would allow yourself too, stand together with me. Let’s welcome this new year, not just because we had so many struggles this past year. But because we are welcoming hope. Let’s work together and make this new year unforgettable. Les make 2021 the best year yet.
 Love you all. <333333 Happy New Year’s Eve!

• January 2, 2021 - 9:16am (Now Viewing)

• serein

re: we ride english, but they also offer western (usually they'll do western on a trail ride). They have many different horses, and they usually assign you one. You'll definitely get a different one each week, but you might end up ride a couple of them more than once. Once you get to know the horses a little more, you can "request" one in case you have a favorite. my favorites are an andalusian called ranger and an apaloosa called bristol. bristol can be slightly annoying sometimes with the amount he eats (if he sees food anywhere he will go for it XD) and ranger has something called a coldback where he needs to get really warmed up before going into a trot or else he will buck because posting hurts his back. No one actually told me about this, so when i first rode him he started bucking all of a sudden and I was like "woah that's an interesting situation". but he's awesome other than that.

Re: great thanks, ill ask him. :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: yep! It's morning lol. I'm on the west coast, so a few hours behind you. Also im so sorry imma go send you my email right now!
    How're you doing?

Re- Oh maybe because it is different everywhere! Well, have fun when you do start!

Re- I am great!! Have you started driving yet?

• serein

re: i do a group lesson with five people total. it's really nice because I know everyone: my twin sister, my friend, and her younger sister. we usually ride in a covered area inside because the outdoor ring is smaller than than the indoor one. and also because it's really cold. we have to bleach the tack after each lesson, and the bleach is so cold my hands don't stop burning until i get a home (and it's like a twenty minute drive from the stables to my house) XD

• Halopoet

Re: something like that, though I check in sometimes, if you want to talk you can through email, its in my message to writers. Hopefully this break will work out for me.

• serein

re: yeah it's really cool.
    do you do private lessons or in a group? sorry i just really love talking about horses :)

Re- Hey!! Thank you!! :D

Re: np, thank YOU for the offer. also thats funny, im waiting to hear from him too *text-wise* XD

• serein

re: haha yeah. but I don't want to give off the vibe that Italy is a horrible place--it's truly wonderful, I got so many opportunities. We traveled all over Europe because we could just drive to places. I got to see the pope drive by my neighborhood in his pope-mobile, and I got to see all kinds of museums and architecture that people dream about seeing. And of, course, the food is excellent.

Re: Uh i dunno. If mindfruits interested, i can read the email off of him. My summer could be super busy or super boring, so idk about making plans rn. Sounds like it could be really really fun tho, so if there's more details leave a comment like usual :)

re: uhhhhm my memory is absolutely terrible soo...ask mindfruit? XD

• serein

re: ooh I've never done a show, I've only been to one! Sounds so fun! Yeah, we're basically learning jumping, too. On the last day before break we did a fun day and did a little bit of beginner barrel racing. it was super fun.
    Whenever I tell people that I used to live in Italy, they always say "Wow it's so beautiful there. I would live there in the snap of a finger." And yes, it's beautiful, and did of course enjoy living there very much. But oddly, I don't miss it much. You don't really realize what you've been missing until you experience it. Like, I loved Italy when I was there, but I had no idea how amazing America is compared to it. Italy is just so corrupt in so many ways that you don't realize when you are a kid. For example: not a huge deal, but it takes years, and a lot of money to get a driver's license. In order for you to be a citizen, you have to have lived in Italy for a least 18 years. the Italian culture is slowly draining away into a waste. I had only a couple of friends who were born after their parents were married. I don't want to make it sound like Italy is a horrible place to live-- it's not. It's just that America is so much better. Yeah sorry for that long spiel.

• ~madeline~

Re: Hey Eden, I just instant messaged you on Light. Lemme know if you don't get it, I'll try to get it to you over this site. :)

• serein

re: i do! we had break for a couple weeks but were going back next week. ive been writing on and off for a while because my mom rode when she was my age, and worked at the stables she used to ride at for a while as a teenager. when we visited america (i used to live in italy) my mom would give us one day lessons at the stable, and a couple years ago we went to riding camp. i justed started riding "seriously" this year, so im still kind of a beginner. we just learned to canter last lesson.
    also if i dont respond for a whlle its because im eating dinner :)

• serein

re: awwww thank you so much you are so sweet and kind. i will pray for you too.
    also--on a side note--really love your pfp. do you ride horses?

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: yes I can do it over there! Gimme a sec though--im trying to beat my family at Apples to Apples--but ill get it over today!

• ~madeline~

Re: I can totally give it to you through light. I'll try to do that later by instant messaging and then I'll comment to make sure it went through. If that works :)

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: YES YES YES YES!

• SamRose

Re: Thank you. :) It means a lot.

• ~madeline~

Re: I would definitely be interested in that!! I obviously can't get really commit right now as I have no idea what my families plans are this summer. But I would definitely be interested in seeing more details! Thanks for the invite :)

• ~madeline~

Re: umm I think generally they plan so we finish the week before memorial day or somewhere around there but sometimes we go later depending on snow days and stuff. So that's like the last week of May? I think... ?

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: ummm I think May...? im in a charter school so it depends but I think it's mid may lol

• (sk)eyesofocher

HAPPY NEW YEAR EDEN! I CAN'T WAIT TO BE CA TOGETHERRRRR
    (cause y'know, we're too awesome not to get in XD)

• Jasmine khawar

Re: thanks a lot! And i always count you <3
    Happy new year!!

• Abigail Faith

Re: Thanks! <3
    This is AMAZING!! :D

• beth r.

great piece, happy new year!
    re: ooh cool idea! aw thanks!

• crystalline•galaxies

happy new year! i'm just stopping by to let you know i just published again, and to admire this lovely and hard-hitting piece.

• Starlitskies

Ooooh! I love the formatting of the first sentence! That's a very clever way to depict the seconds ticking by to the end. Your footnotes were so inspiring! I believe it's already past midnight there, so... Happy New Year! <3
    Re: Thank you for your comment on my piece! And yes, haha, it can be kinda confusing with all the time zone differences and all. But I love how the whole community is working around that and publishing new year pieces that make everyone all over the world feel included. :)

• mindfruit

HAPPY New Years EVE EDEN! what a nice lil piece and footnotes! I stand with you and grab your other hand lol.
    Re: heheh, yep I photoshopped that one too! glad you like it, I realized it's kinda hard to see but I think everyone can figure it out.
    Ummm....wow. I think I'm just as confused as you are, but tell Zion I said thanks for the advice! and she's right, the cockpit is much safer than the cargo.
    Heh yeah!
    I absolutely agree, we should be able to say Merry Christmas all year long. don't tell anyone, but I listen to Christmas music as early as July XD
    WOOHOO YOU'RE APPLYING TO BE A CA?!! I'm so excited for you! Best of luck in the application process, and hope you get the position!
    Glad you're enjoying kotlc! and you're welcome :) it's such a wonderful series. also I saw in a comment to F'Otter that you think I'm like Fitz? I'm honored lol.
    Ok, song recommendations:
    Magic Shop by BTS (it's mostly in Korean, but the music is so beautiful, I almost cry each time I listen to the song)
    Never Be Like You by Flume ft. Kai (I dunno, just has a good feel to it)
    Safety Dance by Men Without Hats (I'm a sucker for 80s songs)
    Oh, and there's like 5 different Dynamite variants if you're interested :D

You're so very welcome about the shoutout! just a lil thank you for your continuous support and being such an awesome friend!
    oooh, and you're one hour away from 2021! How exciting! Also, love your new pfp!

I hope that was everything...again, Happy New Year!

happy new year indeed!! :)

• ~madeline~

Re: tysm!! <3

*grabs your hand* Happy New Year's Eve (and New Year to other time zones)!! Also. Your lovely face is obviously my favorite of your pfp's, but those horses are definitely in second place.

• Rohan’s Defender

*holds out hand to join together*

• AJ - Izzy

There isn't a better way to say it :)
    This is lovely!! Yes yes yes, let's join hands, we will most definitely get through this. Happy new years eve to you too <3

• ~madeline~

Also... Your pfp is adorable!!

• ~madeline~

YES!!! If we work together we can change the way this is going. Hope is on the horizon.