McK13

Hi :) 14 she/her

I love...

Poetry, Memoirs, Stories (and all literature!)
Labradoodles, Family & Friends
Basketball & Volleyball
Listening to music, watching TV, & sleeping

Joined WTW: 12/30/2020

Thank you so much for 60+ followers!

Hi! Thank you so much for checking out my piece! I tried to write a story with a poem but I'm not sure if I succeeded or not. I know I still have a lot to work on so if you could leave me any feedback, I'd really appreciate it! Have a great day :)

happy bride

6
She’s wiped out from the news 
Can’t believe it’s happened again 
At this point, she’d think she’d be used to it 
But it still stings as bad as the first time 
Her life is on replay 
No start and no end 
Just continuous - hurt, heal, hurt, heal, hurt 
And she always ends with asking herself the same question
“Why do I keep falling in what I think is love to then get caught in the same traps of misconception, frustration, and illusion? Am I that clueless?” 

Numerous photos are scattered on her walls, showing her as a little kid 
The young girl who would dream each night as she laid tucked in about the day she would walk down the aisle 
Her father holding her hand, the first man to ever care 
And only in a few moments, she’d vow to love another good guy until death but that was just a fantasy 

'Cause now she realizes it’s harder than it seems to love someone genuinely 
The wish she so badly wants to live keeps getting farther and farther away from her
Resembling a car driving past as she stands, watching the taillights blend into the endless twilight like watercolors 
Her dream she’s hoped for since she roamed playgrounds with pigtails bouncing, may be out of sight but it is certainly not out of mind
Yet, her heart becomes desperate when another chance has been stripped from her grasp to then be tossed into a bottomless pit 
Like a bottle with a hopeless letter thrown into a twisting ocean not meant to be answered 
Now she wonders “Did I ask for too much or was I just not enough to actually be loved?” 

Has countless regrets of being naïve and trusting when trying to find the perfect guy, the possible love of her life
She’s picked her heart up off the ground at least a few dozen times and she will again tonight 
Cracks and scars may cover her heart but they do not define her yet she’s embarrassed by how broken she has become 
But then she’s reminded of the memories she has of her as a young girl, running wildly, wondering what it’d be like to one day be a happy bride 

Use to wish she could restart her life
And get rid of all the wasted time
But now she realizes that every bruise and wound is a reminder of the progress she's made and the things she's overcome along the way
She may be flawed and broken but that doesn't mean she's not beautiful
All it means is that she's human, a human deserving of love 
And after all this time she realizes that she's always been in love
In love with herself - every bit, from her deepest fears to her joyful memories, all the hope, all the doubt, her laugh and her tears, her future and her past, her flaws and her strengths, because every bit of her is worthy of love 

"The mirror is all I need for now," she says, "just to see my blue crystal eyes and my nose slightly pointed to the right, but more I need to see my resilient heart that's fought every battle, and even though it hasn't won, it also hasn't given up. My heart has never lost and neither have I"
And maybe one day she will become a happy bride
But she's done sending her love to others who refuse to send any back
Because she's learned she has to spend some time just being kind to herself 
just a quick reminder to love yourself :) 

"No start and no end " was just wow
    "watching the taillights blend into the endless twilight like watercolors " was a beautiful description.
    I love the pacing of this story and the way again, it goes from something sad and slowly builds up to be so empowering (although definitely a little heartbreaking in the moment). I love this and the message is so amazing! The questions at the beginning definitely added to the piece! The ending is just awww, such a perfect ending!

RE: Awwww thank you so much!! You’re so sweet! I’m so glad you like my writing!! :)))
    Awww thank you!! And aww, you’re so sweet thanks for explaining all that! Oooh that’s so awesome!! Basketball’s really fun to play but I’ve never been amazing at it lol!
    HAHAH LOLL nice to know I’m not the only one!
    Oh my that would be so awesome!! I actually had one come to my elementary school once and it was so cool!
    And haha yeah, it was in a mall during one of those events things that happen sometimes, I think it was from a zoo or something. It was a looong time ago lol, I don’t remember it too much, I do know it was a corn snake and I do remember it being decently heavy! I don’t know if I would be able to do that now though lol! Haha, omg once when I was walking in a forest with my friend, we were just chilling and then randomly saw a snake on the ground and we were so freaked out!
    And omg I totally want to!! It’s so pretty! What’s your favourite colour?

• only_a_mirage (bird)

re: thank you so much!!

• _Delphiruns2theocean_

Wow, amazing job! I feel like I can relate in a way too at the end parts :)
    Re: Thank you! That means a lot! I love the acronyms and have been trying to do more of them in between my series I'm writing (A "Real" Girl)

• WrenBirdWrites

Wow, so amazing! Re: Ahh thank you so much! It really means a lot <3

• Busssy.Beee

wow what a creative way to deliver such an important message! your flow and diction is absolutely wonderful!

• Parisienne

This is so beautiful - what a sweet message and so beautifully conveyed! Love it!!
    re: Thank you so much! :)

• Zirong

“Cause now she realizes it’s harder than it seems to love someone genuinely”
    “She may be flawed and broken but that doesn't mean she's not beautiful”

So true. This piece is really really good. Your word choices are so exquisite and I like the twist in this piece. The message behind it is beautifully profound and everyone should remember that :)

re: awww thank u so so much for your sweet comment! I’m really happy that my song works in the end. :D

• ~Zoe~

re: Thank you for your comment, it means a lot to me