TheTempest171

14
Indian-Australian
Atheist | Rightist Liberal
Medicine Enthusiast

I write everything.

Favourite Authors: Marie Lu,
James Dashner, Rick Yancey

est. December 31st, 2020

Just Going To Write

I've had enough.
Enough of hunching over my desk
Enough of dealing with all the stress
Of making excuses for when I confess
Why my writer's voice is a work-in-progress

I'm done.
Done with trying to suppress
My creativity, and so I shall protest
That no test score, no school, should ever depress
My spirit, for I shall never obsess again

Never force myself to endure
Blotched knuckles from gripping my pen
Tighter and tighter as I become tired
Of feeling uninspired and undesired...
Never again.

So tonight,
I turn the page onto a new chapter in my life
A chapter where I can let go of this strife
I'm going to set myself off; let the flame in me ignite
Because, from tomorrow onwards, I'm just going to write.
So... here I go.
I heard about Write the World a year ago, when I was twelve, and thought it was awesome. I really wanted to join this amazing community of writers who I shared a passion with; be able to improve share my writing and read others'. Soon, I turned thirteen and was eligible to join, but I didn't. Even before 2020 had come, I knew it was going to be a long and tiresome year for me, because of one examination that would seal my fate for the next four years of my life. 

Well, 2020 came and went, and it has been quite a year. The pandemic changed a lot of things that I had never prepared for, and it really tested my limits. The dates for the exam were postponed multiple times to several months after the originally-planned date, as cases spread and restrictions were enforced. We were also under lockdown for a long time, which I used to study as hard as I could in order to have at least one thing in my life sorted out. 

It was good news for me when the exam was finally over and the results came, but somehow, I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be on receiving the news. It was so close to the end of the year at that point, and I knew that, even if the pandemic still wasn't completely over, I would now have my life for the next four years laid out in front of me. But did it matter? I would just keep on going as I had, doing everything I was told, never taking initiative for anything in my life.

That's when my mind went back to Write the World. Back to this place I had told myself I didn't have the time for, and stayed stuck on it. I realised that I had blazed through one whole year of my life caught up in this mess: I was now fourteen. But there was no point in regretting what I couldn't change; I could only act now. So, on the 31st of December, 2020, I created this Write the World account and composed a poem in response to the Writing Resolution prompt. The words slipped through my fingers as I typed. It honestly felt so good, and Just Going To Write felt like a perfect piece to mark my entrance to the world of WtW. Because my pledge, not just for 2021, but for the rest of my life, is to just write.

• Mina_77

Congrats on Wednesday words, and welcome to Wtw. I’m here to help if you need anything, just leave a comment!

• lulu.mae

wowcher this is super good! I'm also 14, and I've decided to adopt your resolution, since i think it's amazing. btw, do you have a tumblr?

• ANSON REYNOLDS

congrats on joining! also- every single one of those authors (but especially Marie) yasssss. Have you ever read Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson? B/c it's basically Marie+Dashner+Yancey+Marie again XD

• bookmagic

Congrats on Wednesday words, welcome to wtw. I was offline for three days and I come back to this masterpiece. How fast do humans evolve again?

This is so amazing! I love you're rhythm, in both this and the spoken word on YouTube. Great job!

I'm Indian too hehe!

Ahhh this is awesome! (heyyy I'm Australian too! And I'm 14 :D) Congrats on Wednesday Words! Welcome to WtW as well :D I'm Writing4Life, but you can call me Star. Nice to meet you ^^

ah such a cool piece! congratulations on wednesday words!
    welcome to write the world,i hope you like it here.it's a very supportive and loving community.if you ever need help or want to reach out,don't be shy to drop a comment on one of my pieces! have fun and i'll see you around:)

Oh my gosh. Not only your writing, but the simplicity and power of your statement and your footnotes. Congrats on Wednesday Words, and welcome, welcome, welcome!
    Marie Lu? gosh, I loved the legend trilogy

• journal.scribbles

Congrats! This poem is so good, I love how powerful its message is. The rhyming works so well! And welcome to WtW! I can't wait to read more of your amazing work! I feel like I'm using too many exclamation points! Oh well!

• Livsnjutare (#words)

I really love this! This year has been so tough, but when you write it's like you are free. Even for a short while. At least that's how I feel.
    Welcome to WtW, and happy writing!
    Also, congrats on Wednesday Words!
    love,
    kitten

Great work on this and congrats on Wednesday Words! Welcome to this amazing community of writers :)

this is amazing! the flow and rhythm is so perfect. And the story behind it makes it so so meaningful. What a way to start 2021: strong resolutions in a new writing website where you have already been featured!! I hope to read more of your writing soon!

• sci-Fi

We're so glad ur here! Congrats on Wednesday Words!

• AJ - Izzy

That's amazing, so so glad you're here now... welcome!! :)
    Your writing flows really well, I enjoyed reading this. The line, "I'm going to set myself off; let the flame in me ignite/Because, from tomorrow onwards, I'm just going to write"... powerful ending, what a way to wrap up the poem :)
    Congrats on Wednesday words too!!

• Rose A

This is awesome! It's an honor to have you on WtW. Congrats on Wednesday Words! You deserve it.