ghostyboi

system of 23
he/it/void/end
winged wolf (pterolycus) therian
vent account
pfp made by me
joined september 2019

Constellations - The Oh Hellos
00:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 2:01
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

"I thought you had me in prison this whole time, but I'm the one holding the key."
-Intro III by NF

"But there's a moment when you realize parents aren't superheroes or villains. They're painfully, unforgivably human. The question is can you forgive them for being human anyway?"
-Dry by Neal Shusterman

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

call me a pessimist

11

call me a pessimist
but 2021
isn't magically going to become better

when the clock hits 12:00
the virus won't go away
and the uncertainty
will follow us
into the new year

call me a pessimist
but my expectations
are low for the next year

if the bar is at rock bottom
there's nowhere to go
but up

maybe i'm too scared to have hope
because hope has betrayed me before
but i can't seem to think
2021 will be any better
2021 will be just as bad as 2020, the number on a calendar doesn't change anything.

• AbellePuppy34

I kept telling people this! I want to be supportive but the new year doesn't mean that the virus will disappear.

• sci-Fi

yeah, i get it things obviously aren't going to get better overnight. but still, it'll be better. there's a vaccine, which we'll probably get before the next school year starts. I'm not sure who you support, but in my opinion, there's a better president. I dunno. I think things will be better, if not good.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

I understand how you feel. And you’re right that things are not going to magically change overnight. But we can still stand, united, and decide to MAKE this year the best it can be together.
    I am not trying to downplay your feelings, or even necessarily change your mind. But know that you are not alone in this struggle. You have friends.
    God bless you. Have a good day, friend.

• Starlitskies

No, you're not a pessimist. You're just being realistic and I respect that. Funny thing though, I just published a piece breaking down the whole just-the-date-is-gonna-change idea. I ended it on a high note. You can check it out if you want. Hopefully, it'll help you hope. I understand how it can be hard after living through 2020. Here's the link if you're interested. And beautiful work with the poem! <3

Ah! This is so true, but I'm going to stay in my own little bubble for the next four hours and then have all my hopes deflated; oh, wait it did.

I know it's not going to be any better, and high chances are it's going to get worse.

i wish you were wrong but you're not.i know that hope has betrayed me countless times but without hope,we have nothing.although things won't change because of the new year,things COULD change with time,and this is all time,maybe 2021 will get better because of time or maybe it will get worse.but River( i can't remember,i believe this is your name,sorry) hang onto your hope,i know you can<3

• Jasmin khawar

I was thinking the same thing from days...and i was blaming myself that why I'm being so negative. But i think i was correct.

How truthful and crystal clear this piece is! I love its purity.

• Cata Londo

I agree with you, it's like everyone thinks the beginning of a new year will magically solve everything. But that's not it. I really liked your piece.