everything/art&writing

They/Them
15
Call me Emery
I'm an INFJ but I want to define myself

~~~~~
"We all die. The goal is not to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."- Chuck Palahniuk
~~~~~
Hi. Tell me something good.
~~~~~
I'm not okay sometimes. How are you?

I need help

6
I need help.
Most times when I try to tell you
my brain tells me to shut up.
Most times I do.

Sometimes I get lucky
and I tell you
but then you ask
"well, what's wrong?"

and by then my brain
has made me go silent again.
I'm sorry.
I wish it was easier.

I'm lucky. 
Lots of people can't get the help I have.
I just can't use it.

• Odysseus

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places."
    - Ernest Hemingway
    All the Bright Places is a wonderful book. It's helped me through some rough times, and it could help you, maybe. My comment sections are always open. Have a great day. :)

• HelpMe512

I feel this. I find it easier to make little "codes" with your support system. For example, if I ask a friend to play a specific game with me, it means I need some support. That way, I don't have to outright say what I need, and I also get the support I need. Maybe you could set some of these up with your friends or family. Make sure to tell them to avoid the question "what's wrong" because I know it can be so hard to express what's wrong.

I don't think you're alone here. One of my biggest pet peeve/ something that annoys me is when someone tells me to explain what I am feeling. It's just not that easy. I get this poem.

• ~wildflower~

This is really well expressed and I can relate to it a lot. I also often find it really hard to ask for help, or even to express or share my emotions and opinions outwardly and with conviction. It can just be so frustrating when you rationally know that something is a good thing, but something in your brain keeps blocking you from doing it, I think it’s a pretty human thing to be scared and maybe even embarrassed by opening yourself up to vulnerability, especially in a society to seems to strive for perfection. Just know that this fear, this situation, is completely valid and nothing you need to apologise for! We all have our own internal hurdles that we have to learn to jump over through our lives. I think the only advice I can give you here is to just take a deep breath when you feel like this and trust that no matter what emotions you feel or what happens, asking for help is a good thing. Whoa, that got pretty long. Sorry for that giant paragraph! Hope you’re having a good day :)