journal.scribbles

Asian American
Slytherclaw
INTP-T

currently:
-overthinking
-procrastinating
-perfectionisting

lowercase usually intentional

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars."
-Jack Kerouac

Does it still count as a New Year's resolution if it's two days late?

2021 will be the year that I begin to listen to myself. To a probably somewhat unhealthy extent, I've always shut myself up. I've had a tendency to suppress my emotions, adapt my views, and conform who I am to fit external expectations of me. I am done with that. This year, I'm going to stop fighting myself. I'm not going to silence my doubts and insecurities anymore, because I've been there and done that. It doesn't work. I am going to learn to listen to those voices in my head and filter out which ones are me and which ones aren't, and either way, I'm not going to let them stop me from achieving what I know I can. And in that process, I believe that I'll be able to identify my writing voice as well. By December 31, 2021, I have absolutely no clue what will have happened. Hopefully, the COVID-19 vaccine will have been distributed enough for the world to go back to as normal as it can be. Hopefully, my writing will have improved and I'll have many opportunities and achieved goals of which to be proud. But no matter what happens, I know that if I spend everyday of this year with the intent of listening to myself, I'll have taken one step toward my long-term goals. Goodbye, 2020. Goodbye, 2020 me.