Vi Cynthia

christian
ravenclaw
thunderbird
amity
loyalist

nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God
romans 8.39

i am without lanterns looking for myself
-emily dickinson

I actually have another account (inkyscribbles) but I myself cant login because I changed schools and it was under my old schools email so I'm moving all my writing here.

Crying Hands

2
I am Pro-life. Yes I have heard the facts screamed from those who are Pro-choice. I've heard that embryos and fetuses are not independent, self determining beings. I've heard that abortion is the termination of a pregnancy not a baby. I've heard that fetuses are not capable of feeling pain when most abortions are performed, I've heard the saying my body my choice. And yes I have heard that a baby should not come into the world unwanted. But I am still Pro-life. 
    I once was a embryo then I was a fetus now I am a teen by the name of Violet Cynthia Schultz. And you know what? I've helped a friend through depression, I have loved someone with all my heart, I have cried for hours, I have laughed until I wet my pants, I have changed minds and I have changed lives. But what if my mother decided that she couldn't handle a child. Just like that my life, my identity, and my story would be erased. Just with that one choice I would be gone. You see, maybe when I was a embryo or a fetus I couldn't feel pain. Maybe I didn't yet have all the features of a human being. But you know what that didn't make me any less me. 
    Now lets look at the definition of being pregnant. Having a child or young developing in the uterus. Some synonyms are expecting a baby, with a baby on the way, or carrying a child.  I am a female. My body is designed so that I can have a child. There is a reason why my body is designed to protect and provide for a child. Why? Because an unborn baby is meant to survive. If you are a pregnant woman you are carrying a life, the life is yours to protect. Do the right thing and protect it. 
    Now I know some of you are going to be screaming at me... "Who are you to tell me what to do with my body! It's my body therefore my choice!" and to that I say you're very correct. You can make the decision between life and death when concerning your own body. But listen were not talking about your body. Were talking about the body of your child. 
   Let's look at the statistics. Dr. Suzanne R Trupin a clinical professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign reported that "More than 40% of all women will end a pregnancy by abortion at some time in their reproductive lives," and that "Worldwide, some 20-30 million legal abortions are performed each year, with another 10-20 million abortions performed illegally," that's at least 30 million abortions every year! Does anyone else see a problem with that. Imagine how many good ideas and people could be here now if those abortions hadn't taken place. 
    Then you pull your last argument and say "Is it wrong that I think that a baby should not come into the world unwanted?" Here's what I see... there's a unborn child... the mother doesn't want it... your solution? Kill it. Ummm... twist ending right? Well you'll be grateful to here that that's not the ending that I have in mind. Did you know that according to American Adoptions there is an estimated two million couples currently waiting to adopt a child. Which means that there are as many as 36 families waiting to take your child, care for, love them, and raise them as their own. I don't know about you but I see 36 more happy endings then the one that you provided. Yes, this child will have the sad history of being unwanted by their birth mother, but this child will now be able to live past that. They will have a family who loves them. They will also like me laugh, love, help, and even cry. 
    Think like this. The life of this child could save lives. The life of this child will change minds. The life of this child will create things. The life of this child will spread happiness. The life of this child will make mistakes. The life of this child will learn. The life of this child will teach. And the choice you make could erase all this. Do you really want to make that mistake. 
    Here's my battle cry. We need to start taking the hands of the next generation not their lives. Please hear me. This is about life and death and I am on the life side. 
I wrote this for the Op-Ed Competition in 2019 and I still want to have it posted on this new account. This is the one thing I really want the world to read and think deeply about what I am trying to say. I respect everyones opinion I only ask that you respect mine.  

Citation: 
https://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/waiting_adoptive_families 
https://abortion.procon.org/

• December 29, 2020 - 9:45am (Now Viewing)

• mia joy

couldn't have said it better myself