Starlitskies

Sri Lanka

She/Her
17
INTJ
Reader and Writer
Feminist
Coder

Go check out my WtW twin sister Zirong! She's amazing!

Scribble Chums with remi'sgotinkstains, useless :) and em wilder.

est. 26 Oct 2020

Is anything unclear? I might've sacrificed the meaning to write with just one hundred words.

Hope you have a great day/night! :)

Looped in Conversation

PROMPT: The Drabble

5
Limewater turns milky when bubbled with carbon dioxide. Grandpa's irises remind me. They pierce through my forehead and settle on the wall behind me. I'm translucent like his memory. Like his memory, I don't exist. 

"You're hurt, angel?" He remembers my bandaged hand.

"I had a fall, Grandpa. Nothing to worry about."

"You must be careful with your body."

Nobody warned him to be careful with his mind too. His eyes pierce through my forehead and settle on the wall behind me. Seconds tick by. Like his memory, I cease to be. 

• December 29, 2020 - 10:22am (Now Viewing)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: Thank you so much!!!! Your comments are always so thoughtful! I do tend to emphasise on the small things :3 . I don't know I guess the intricate detail intrigues me. It's hard to explain. I don't always notice it. I'm really glad you like the piece. You are such a talented writer!!!

re: aww hearing that you took your time to read something of mine is so encouraging. your whole comment was so uplifting <3 thank you.
    i always loved pirate stories and adventures. Treasure Planet is a fav disney movie of mine. as well as Pirates of the Caribbean. i just love adventure. for this story i did research a bit (i do for all my stories) and had to look up a few names. V-Rose actually just sent me a pin on pinterest of a pirate fact i didn't know but am going to add in to the story before the ending XD i usually just glean random information and try to make it a little realistic ;)
    writing fiction is always a lot of fun bc you can take real life facts and tidbits and change them up a bit to fit and add to your story. world building is one of the best parts (for me at least) in my writing process.
    thanks so much for your comment <3 i am so glad you liked the story. the end is coming soon (two more chapters) so stay tuned!! i cant wait to hear how you think it turns out!
    --also your notifs will say i left two comments. i accidentally posted this before i was done so i deleted lol--

Re: Awwww thank you so much!! That all means the world to me.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This is agonisingly sad. It feels very miserable. I think it is really clever the way you’ve written it! The concept is creative and interesting. A lot to convey in only 100 words. I felt so many unspoken words and could really picture the setting in my mind. I like how he calls her angel. It just adds another element. Just an overall haunting piece. Stunning work!!!

• Yellow Sweater

Re: Thank you so much for your comment. And happy birthday. I can't wait to read more of your work.

• Yellow Sweater

Haunting, lovely, sad. Every word feels poised. It is astonishing what incredible people like you can do with language. This is a beautiful piece.

this is def clear and really sad, yet really beautiful. oh gosh--really well written. that last line really "looped" the beginning to the end in the most perfectly fitting way <33

also I came here to tell you that part 6 of On the High Seas is out! It's been awhile but Ladell and Tallis are back ;)

• Dragonfly

Re: Thank you!! If your arm is not in one line with your hand, but your hand is instead in a certain angle to it, it is easier to block the others arm (I was not sure how to further explain it...).
    Great :D ! I always feel like there cannot be enough people to like science ;-)

This is quite clear and so heartbreaking and lovely.

• Dragonfly

A great piece! I love the first two sentences. the whole text conveys a light sadness about the conversation loop and the grandfather's ceasing memories, but it still made me smile, because he sill cares about the protagonist. really stunning all in all!