Flowing Ink

enjoy my ever-changing existence through this wondrous world of words
16
wtw's resident quiet kid in the back

Inspired by SunV and Dmoral, check their pieces out! Feedback is welcome.

friendship application sent! review pending

11
Name: Emma
AgeAn age where you teeter between worlds and aren't sure where you fit
Birthday: A day in a summer drenched in tragedy

[Cover Letter]
I won't promise to always be there, or to be reliable, or to even be someone you'll remember. But I do promise my love, pieces of a chipped heart that I give away far too freely and hope that you keep, because if you lose them they will never come back, a least not the same.

[Skills/Talents]
I am not particularly skillful or talented in any way. When you cry to me, my shoulder will be there, but my pats to your head will be clumsy and my comforts fumbled. When we laugh, when we speak, when we cry, you may catch me staring at your eyes for too long because I am moved by the emotion in them more then I ever will be with my own feelings. I will lean on you, then shy away, because I am unskilled in bravery, on bonds, on solidarity. But I trust that though I lack plenty, we can stumble and trip together, and maybe pick one another up on the way.

[Interests/Hobbies]
I always seem to tell myself that writing is hobby, but if I ever had the chance, I would probably throw my soul into my words. I love science. Science is the study of stories, the stories of stars and leaves, the questions hidden with the dirt that wonderful humanity deciphers, for nothing other then pure curiosity. I would dedicate my life to these stories in heartbeat. I love art too. Art has a different, but just as tantalizing allure. It is the beauty of creation; when my pencils sketch and my paints dance across paper, I cannot help but wonder if this love is the same as an inventors; the tender yet heartless improvement and perfection of one's craft.

[What would you bring to the table?]
If you were to be my friend, you would quite quickly become a piece of my heart. I would call you dear, love, honey, hun and darling, because I think it's unfair that pet names are reserved for lovers. I would guard you preciously, be annoyingly overprotective and overreact with a mother's care if you were hurt. I would spend hours talking about anything you'd like, if you were to lend your ear. We could share our rage; I would happily fight along side you. If you were to cry, I would hide my tears at your pain and hold with all my might. I would always understand- and even when I didn't, I would support you. I would be comfortable with you screaming and your silence. I would hope, you would do the same.

[Any questions? Final thoughts/]
I hope you can pretend not to see the darkness in me now and then, and when you don't pretend, I hope you can be gentle. I hope you can reach out when you feel pain, and trust me enough to help you. I hope you understand me, because I am shattered in a billion ways with chips in my shoulders and cracks in my smiles, and that I have piled the shards into this clumsy mess you see before you. I hope, no matter what, that you will be happy. Even if you leave, and lose the pieces of myself I give you.

<3 love this :)

• everything/art&writing

Omg! Please be my friend.

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I also call my friends hun! Also bud! This is so sweet. Follower and friend gained. Can't wait to read more of your work. I hope you will check out mine :)

This is absolutely beautiful!

'I hope you can pretend not to see the darkness in me now and then, and when you don't pretend, I hope you can be gentle.' This line speaks so much, and I can't stop rereading it.

Amazing job!

• Jj101

Wow. This is so beautiful and a very interesting and cool prompt!

• rwong

argh all these pieces of this prompt all blow me away!! "I hope, no matter what, that you will be happy. Even if you leave, and lose the pieces of myself I give you." ahhh this is so sweet <3