Wisp

i still dream of you

est. 26.9.19

Happy New Year everyone!
Let's start this year off with kindness, shall we? Lots of love to all of you brilliant people!

And yes dear reader, this one is for you.

intertwined infinities | #januarygifting

26

​ii

tell me tell me tell me
we are nothing more than 
entities bound to our dreams, 
hands joined to feet, we meld 
ourselves into infinities

ii

we are infinities, 
                         who are we to say 
                         that this is our reality? 
when we are bound by hands and feet
                        to dream our lives separately
                        but if this is a dream, 
                        don't wake me up.

ii

one day, i woke up sobbing 
            tears staining cheeks, 
and when i came to see you again, 
            you plucked my tears like 
            rose petals

ii

i've never met you, i've never laughed alongside you, 
i've never seen the way you smile, and yet, you are the 
one who knows my secrets. you are the one who plucks 
my falling tears. you are the one who listens when no 
one else will. you are the one who always stays nearby. 

ii

for how long have our infinities been intertwined? 

ii

i've never told anyone, 
                but when i told you 
you stayed and you listened 
you listened to the croak in my words, 
you listened to the tremble in the phrases, 
you listened to the emotions i spilled. 

ii

we are bound by our hands and feet, 
nothing more than infinities, but 
somewhere along the way, our bindings 
came undone, and we became so much more 
than just entities falling for our dreams. 

ii

you and i, 
        how have we come to be? 
you and i, 
        were mere infinities 
you and i, 
        the two of us shouldn't have been
you and i, 
        after all, we are nothing more than strangers 
you and i, 
        but somewhere along the way 
you and i, 
        watched stars fall, and caught them 
you and i, 
        shared memories through daydreams 
you and i, 
        became intertwined infinities 
#januarygifting 

A while ago I said I was going to do an event in January, so here we are! 

How To Participate: 
  • Write a piece thanking someone(s) on this site who has helped/encouraged/supported/been a great motivator to you all around through poetry and/or prose with the title including #januarygifting (don't forget to shout them out in the footnotes and send them the link so that they can see it. And don't forget to put the link to the piece in the comments down below!)
  • Send thank you comments to people who have given you support and/or you look up to as a writer and put #januarygifting in your comment as well
    • You may not think it, but these little comments can sometimes make all the difference. We're all dealing with separate lives here, we don't know what others are experiencing, and these little things could make someone's day.  
Timeline: 
  • The whole month of January! 
Why Am I Doing This (and why you should too!): 
  • A while ago, a bunch of writers left and I never told some of them how much their writing has affected me. I don't want any of you to make that same mistake and end up wondering if they'll ever realize how much their writing/kindness has impacted you. 
  • I said in another post of mine, "Because I don't know where we will all end up--where all of us will go as we grow older--all I can give you is this moment now, this moment of happiness locked in screens." So while we're all here in this moment now, why don't we give some smiles to others as well?
Happy #januarygifting! 

• journal.scribbles

This is such a beautiful idea. Your words, both in your writing and within your comments, are so, so powerful. You've reached so many people around the world through this site, and I'm so grateful that I've had the opportunity to interact with you. Seriously, I appreciate you more than I can express in words. Thank you for everything you do to make WtW such a positive and kind community. Thank you!

• Rose A(hiatus)

I finally checked this out, and I am so glad I did. This is a wonderful piece and a wonderful idea! If I can find time this week, I might do it.

hey it's me! i wrote a piece for #januarygifting. it's my latest piece.i'm dumb and still don't know how to link things.i hope you like it

• Busssy.Beee

re: oh my. It's been a long while since I conversed, and I'm so sorry for that. My thirteen-year old brain still doesn't really know how to time manage well, so I'm always in the midst of trying to finish something before it's due. Anyhow, school's never been tougher. The teachers really got moving in 2021. There have been quite of lot of school material, lots of which was covered before winter break, so that has been a bit of a pain. But, nonetheless, I try to get the most out of it because after all it's part of life. Life outside of school though has been easy, calm, except for piano. How about you?
    Aw, honeybee is such a nice nickname. I would love to be called that! Hmm, I haven't yet thought of a name for you, if you want one of course. Maybe I'll choose something relating to Japan and wind? Hm, megumi? that's the japanese word for grace, but I don't really know. Or chowa? which is, "is a Japanese concept that is often translated as 'harmony', but more accurately means 'the search for balance'. Chowa is both a philosophy and a set of practices that can help us get to the heart of what is most important to us, and, change our way of thinking about ourselves and others." hm, or Shizukesa, meaning tranquility or serenity. Speaking of peace, I'm still so thankful for you because still, your writing has really been a place for me to just forget everything and just read. I think any of the three japanese words would suit you perfectly, so you could choose one! If you have a nickname you want me to use, you can tell me that as well, I'll be glad to use any name!

hey, it's been a bit hasn't it? not going to lie, i would check wtw periodically after i went to take a break and when i saw your comments, i was just so touched. there are a lot of things i wish i could be or wish i was but you telling me that you felt as if i was a legend, thank you. haha did that sentence even make sense? i don't quite know if i can live up to your praise, but i'm so so grateful. and for this as well, my chest always swells seeing events like this or trends nowadays, it's been so long hasn't it? so so long. thank you. thank you.
    ps. out of egotistical curiosity, which piece was it that made you follow me? im curious ;) ily <3

you are an absolute joy to see here. like seriously, you're always so!! positive and encouraging and you always have kind and genuine things to say!! ill do my best to participate in this, but for now, this is my thank you comment to you. thank you for making my day with your words. stay safe, love. i wish i saw you more often.

• Just_A_Memory

This is insane!

• jun lei

you are so, so sweet. this is an absolutely lovely idea, and i'm going to try to participate. hoping you're well, and sending all the love.

Dear Wisp,

I know we only started talking recently, but know that I am in awe of your writing, and it's kinda crazy that you're only a year older than me. Thank you for writing, thank you of talking to me, than you for simply being there

Wow. That is such a brilliant idea. You really are a legend of goodness around here. i absolutely wanna do this!

re: so, SO glad you liked my piece :)) sorry for the (very) late reply lol
    and mir already made my cry, but your comment made me tear up even more!!!!! ahh everyone here is too nice <333 (that's not a bad thing lol) im in no place to be replying to your comment, but thank you, dear. lots of love <333 :)

• Busssy.Beee

Here's my gift to you: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/210947/version/436693. <3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: wow, your comment -- i'm so glad you liked my piece! also, thanks for the compliment about my pfp -- i have such a hard time choosing and sticking with one, and today i think i changed it at least 5 times in rapid procession. i hope i didn't confuse anyone haha.

i did it!
    <3<3<3

dear wisp (stealing that from lindy cause you are a dear and writing letters are fun and lindy is smart),
    how did i miss this piece!?!? yes, i was on hiatues buttt stillll! ahhhhh the entities and infinities and i love all of this piece and what a marvelous idea! i think i will write one... really a great idea! alrighttt well thank youuuuuuu wisp for everything. all the support. all the smiles you've caused. XD all your writing which truly is a gift onto it's self. all your kindness and intelligence and thoughtfulness. everything. how is your 2021 going? mine is the sameeee... hope you are well, dear. missed talking with you.
    <3<3<3<3<3

• (sk)eyesofocher

dear Wisp,
    I am not a poet. not even close--unless midnight mind trash counts. But I'll try to say this best I can.
    Ever since you posted that one, small comment on my first post, I have looked up to you. So much, that I would smile every time you posted something new. You were one of the WtW god(esses) in my book. I would read over your poetry and hope to have at least one quarter of the talent you had. And I still do. So here's to you, Wisp.
    #januarygifting

• (sk)eyesofocher

I did it! Not well, but I still did^^

• (sk)eyesofocher

this is such an amazing prompt, so that's where im headed!

Hey i wrote one of these :) thanks for the awesome prompt!!!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: of course! and did i mention that i love your profile picture?

Wow this is great!! I'll try to do one if i can think of anything, and speaking of #januarygifting you are also such an inspiration for me here. just thought i'd let you know ;)

• hi i'm jackson ;)

here's my piece, Misty ;)

• hi i'm jackson ;)

also im so doing this january gifting thing!!!

• hi i'm jackson ;)

oh my word this piece might be one of the most beautiful things i've ever read
    "If this is a dream/dont wake me up"
    "intertwined infinities"
    wow i love the imagery so much this is so beautiful i love it wow *is not eloquent* this piece is so amazing.
    wowwwwww i love it
    re: eee yay i get to call ya Misty
    Misty Misty Misty
    heehee
    anyway, wOw this weekend? even if it is a big might, that's really soon! and yeah...its hard to act like you love a present when you really dont lol. i didnt get a favorite present really, but i did get some new clothes and two beanies so im pretty pleased with those! and yes he is sO cute....loud, though...
    yeah moving kinda sucks.. it was even worse because i had to wait for years without knowing where I was going, AND it was the second time i've moved. It's good though, i'm starting to see my future lay itself in front of me, so i finally know what i'm doing with my life haha! the other day we went to a bug place and we got to see the butterflies and it was so cool and fun even though it's kinda aimed at younger kids...but then when we got home my parents suggested I work there and we found out i'm old enough to get a paying job! so i'm gonna get to work at the bug place! im so happy!!
    and yeah, i'm not the biggest fan of new years either. i mean..we're still in a pandemic, not much is gonna change just because the last digit of the date changed :P
    anyways is there anything new with you? also i cant remember if i asked this already but do you have instagram?

• crystalline•galaxies

re: well, we don't actually do much with our neighbors, but i wish we did more. it was just a cool night of connection between all of us. and interacting with you has also been so very magical -- i don't know where my writing would be without you. and i might be stretching the truth about how small my hands really are just a little bit, but they are really small. your mom likes to drag you along with her, too? both my mom and grandma have an obsession with having a "girl's outing" and going to get nails done, and every time i regret saying yes to going. yet i keep doing it because i want to spend time with them. i'm glad the anxiety hasn't been as bad, though! and i hope it continues to get better.

This is a wonderful idea and I will totally participate!! Also this poem is just so amazing!

Re: Oh I do it literally every time I watch or read something that moves me (so like way more than I really should XD).

wow this is such a beautiful poem,it feels unreal and heavenly.it's so different to what i've read on wtw.every line is idbrkfunr.
    okay this is probably one of my favourite prompts i've seen on wtw.props to you for coming up with and starting it,it's so important to show others our appreciation and love.and it's a great way to spread kindness on this site.<3

"we meld
    ourselves into infinities"
    "for how long have our infinities been intertwined?"

ok first of all, this is absolutely stunning! your poetry! is amazing! wow <333

And secondly, I cannot wait to do this :) idk if i'll get to it today, but soon, very soon :) hope you're well, dear! <33

My goodness, this is absolutely lovely! Positively glorious!
    (pardon my fancy talk; I rewatched Mary Poppins Returns last night and am in the process of stealing their personalities)

• R.j.Elsewhere

Re-replying: How dare WtW take your work down, it was a masterpiece! I’m so sorry to hear that, it was truly a pleasure to read and also one of my favourites :( however, thank you again for allowing me to read such an artful piece. It was so special to see something so gorgeous and true come out of a prompt of mine.

P.s this too is beyond amazing. You’re a very talented and ingenious writer. Please never stop

Ah! Forget my question in my last comment, I just re read the guidelines and found the answer.

This is such a brilliant idea! I have a small request/question though. There are so many writers on here I want to thank, so can I write a few prose/poetry pieces and compile them into one, and then publish that? I'll note it on the footnotes to whom I'm thanking in which stanza....

And the main piece (the prosetry) is absolutely stunning! You've captured so much into one piece, I just-- wow!

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh, smart idea! i'm definitely going to be on the lookout for all of them. (and me?? seriously??? wow, i might just cry...)

• crystalline•galaxies

re: thank you so much for your comment, oh my goodness! my neighborhood is such a lovely place, and the people there are the absolute sweetest. and happy new year! for me, it hit 2021 about an hour and forty minutes ago. time zones are very strange. connecting with you this year has definitely been one of the big highlights, not only of this year, but probably of my life. it's been so magical getting to know you and have dialogue with you, and i hope it doesn't stop anytime soon. isn't getting your nails done just the worst? my grandma loves taking me out to do it, but every single time, we tell them about my sensitive cuticles and yet they don't listen. which ends in awkward, messy situations for everyone. plus, the last time i went, the lady told me that i have "extremely small hands" -- everything a violinist could want, right? (she wasn't wrong, though. i've met five-year-olds with bigger hands than mine. the point still stands, however.) i'm also so sorry about your anxiety. that isn't a fun situation at all, and i desperately hope it gets better for you. wishing you lots of love, dear!

• crystalline•galaxies

what a brilliant idea! this is so sweet and thoughtful. i think i will definitely have to remember to give it a try.

also, out of curiosity -- is your piece to anyone in particular?