lilybeam26

New Zealand

New Zealander/American
Scorpio
I don't have a preference to pronouns, what ever you feel comfortable using is fine
16 going into year 12

"Never think it didn't happen to you or it's not real, because it is for you and that's what matters."
-Unknown
Every writer is good, someone will like the things you write about, you just might not have found them yet.
Favourite Book- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen (Makes me cry ever time)

Life Update: I'm back! Things have been tough but I feel so happy, I've started a new book called Ghost Boy, all chapters are done in 2 parts, weekly updates!

for anyone who has panic attacks or something like them

6
I'm writing a piece and the main character has a panic attack, I have panic attacks but i also have osdd so i cant ever remember them. please help me

Questions to answer-
What does it feel like to your body?
How does your mind feel?
What do u notice during a panic attack?
Is there a certian smell that help you?
How do u deal after having a panic attack? 
What usally hapens after?

Thank u so much

• JACOB HOUSTON

I love this!! It is such an interesting title and concept and I read it like five times! It is so magical and really moved me; you have so much talent.

• Cher_Herondale

I hope this helps, even though its a while later...
    your Heart beats really quickly, breath is hard and shortened. you feel kind of dizzy, like the emotions are all rushing around you really quick , you feel giddy almost. mind feels overwhelmed.

• Just_A_Memory

I have these all the time, and they can come consecutively without warning. I can try to help: Might voice same opinions as others:

1) Heart is quick, chest is tight, breathing is hard and hands shake as if you were in an earthquake. For me, vision can go blurry, and depending on how strong, I kind of want to throw up.

2)I want to cry, and laugh, yet do nothing at all. I guess it's like your emotions are having a war with one another, and then halfway through everything falls apart and there's nothing left, so I feel empty inside after: Unless another one is going to start.

3) I notice the walls. How cornered I am. I notice how my hands claw at my legs as I try to work through what's happening. I notice how painful it is to breathe, and how people are judging me. (Because quite a few happen in front of people)

4)I don't have a smell that helps me personally, but I know that some use lavender, others vanilla or apple. A warm, soothing smell is best.

5) I don't. I just welcome the cold feeling of discomfort, and let myself feel unattached. If I'm in public, or with my brothers, I just plaster a smile on my face and act like everything is all right until I can get into a space where I'm alone and cry.

6) It's painful still, at least for a little while, and you're wary. Some sleep because it's exhausting, but others find things to do to distract from the mental and physical aspects of the attack.

I hope I helped, but I may have just made it confusing xD

• Blue Jay

It's very hard to decribe for me at least, but I will do my best to help.

What does it feel like to your body?
    It feels very panicky. Like your heart kind of beats 50x faster and you just feel very stressed, like your going to explode. Your breathing kind of gets faster and it feels as in gravity affects you more.
    How does your mind feel?
    It feels too full. For me at least I think 10x faster and can't focus on any one thing at a time.
    What do u notice during a panic attack?
    I notice my thoughts, my worries, my regrets, literally everything and nothing at the same time.
    Is there a certian smell that help you?
    Um.... I'm not sure. I never thought about that before.
    The way I typically cope is by listening to calming music, satisfying videos, breathing, and also journaling sometimes.
    What usally hapens after?
    Not much. I typically have serious panic attacks and anxiety at like midnight so I kind of just go to sleep I guess.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hi there! Nice to meet you!

Um, I used to have them some. This is how it was with me anyway. Your heart races and your pulse pounds. My face would get tingly. Basically it was a terrible feeling in my stomach and just an overwhelming sense of urgency and anxiety. I’m sorry that you’ve had to deal with that.