SamWiseGamjee

A human who loves to interact with humans.

MY BREAD AND LIGHT(things that nourish my life)

PROMPT: Bread and Light

4
  • music: earphones barricading the outside world/throwing me into a never-ending abyss/every drumbeat synchronizing with the lubb-dubb of my heart/making a lyre of my body/or an electric guitar may be/letting the air pass through my larynx/blood tuning my body/my soul singing like the lead singer of a band/I'm bad at singing though.
  • books: an escape/a portal transferring me into a new dimension/elves and dwarfs/wizards and hobbits/where every rock is magical/where I'm a warrior fighting in the battle of middle earth/or a mysterious witch turning the voyagers into pigs or giving them the light of stars if I wish/or a virgin in the 19th century London/wearing tight corsets, silk gowns, and bonnets/ sipping English tea with two cubes of sugar in them/ gossiping about that man who never ages and his mysterious painting.
  • badminton: chasing the shuttle till my lungs forfeit/running and jumping with heavy breaths inside a 13x6 m box with white lines intersecting each other/the game is all about control just like life/too much power will throw the shuttle out of the line.
  • phone calls with that one friend: radiowaves connecting us/those electromagnetic waves being the only space where I can be a bitch/where I can be as much feminine or masculine as I want/send all my secrets to her with a frequency of 30khz/all my tears and laughter hidden under a cloak/its like living in a hologram with her.

1

• Rachaelgrace

this is amazing! i love each one of these things, especially books and music. great job :)
    re: thank you! and absolutely! i’m always here to talk if you want to :)

• Yellow Sweater

This is brilliant. Exhilarating, passionate, full bodied...

• crystalline•galaxies

wow, this is really poetic and personal, and it's such a great take on the prompt. i love your descriptions of the way these things make you feel; it seemed very real.