crystalline•galaxies

tuffy
any pronouns
infp-a | 4w5

"i am made of memories."
-madeline miller, the song of achilles

“for victory is victory, however small, nor is its worth only from what follows from it.”
-j.r.r. tolkien, the children of húrin

"he was determined to discover the underlying logic behind the universe.
which was going to be hard, because there wasn't one.”
-terry pratchett, mort

Tea Party

PROMPT: The Drabble

12

My spoon clinks against my teacup thrice. The party chatter ceases. My speech falls easily from my mouth, and I finally sit down.
    The conversation isn't as lively as I had hoped, but it suffices. Young Lily, the next in line to the throne, sits opposite me, right underneath the chandelier.
    "Please excuse me for a moment," I murmur to Becky, who smiles knowingly.
    I step onto the table, pull my gown up around my ankles, and snap my fingers. The air goes cold, the chandelier falling directly onto the princess. She barely has time to scream. 

It has begun.

wOW how can you be such a poetry goddex and yet still write such STUNNING prose?!?! like Wisp said below, reading it a second time made everything feel different. this is AWESOME! :D i love this so much <333
    i haven't been around a whole lot lately, how are you doing? i miss chatting with you :)

I- OK UM wow. This has an amazing ending and I love this!!!!

WHAAAT?!?!!?!!????!! Oh....... oh my! Wow. That is quite the ending!! Thank you for letting me know this was our! Now I have to know more!!

• Chacko_Stephen

Well, it took me a moment to recover. That was... quite unexpected. Totally unexpected. Wow, this could make a great story. I am still recovering. Give me a moment XD

• Wisp

WHAT. THE. HECK!!! THAT ENDING!!!
    Sweetie, dearie, hon I have the chills and this is such a rush of feeling all at once happening in this piece that I'm not quite sure how to feel about it. It happened all at once and I had to go back and reread it to make sure I wasn't missing anything. And rereading it just made it hit differently in a way the first hadn't. I get this sense of royal scandal and sabotage and pain from this short piece and you captured that in this piece so brilliantly. I'm a little in awe of how drastically the mood changed and how it all worked out in such a lovely way as well. I'm still reveling in that ending a bit, because that is definitely not how I thought tea parties would end, and it just creates this whole different ambiance to the whole piece as well. And of course, your prose is just as lovely as your poetry ;)
    Replying: Ahh, I can't believe you did and felt the same way too!! You're so kind and sweet and I'm so glad it was a piece that you were able to resonate with in a way. Thank you dearie!!