Yellow Sweater

Zinnia | she/her | bi | agnostic | 18 | WA

2021-2022 Seattle Youth Poet Laureate

Elitist Atlantic Subscriber (jk, but I do think the Atlantic does some awsome journalism)

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions

I like spaceships, temples, and tea.

Some of my favorite poets and poet-adjacent-people: Federico Garcia Lorca, Ocean Vuong, Annie Dillard, Italo Calvino, Arundhati Roy, Michael Ondaatje, Becky Chambers, Pablo Neruda... The list goes on.

I am on here way too much.

My book is out next June! It feels wonderful to be able to say that with such certainty!

There are so many excellent writers on this site, but if you are new and looking for a place to start, check out: Paisley Blue, aosora, wishtree, aismic, Starlitskies, R.j.Elsewhere, amaryllis, .. ugh there are so many more....

Acid

8
Lactic:
ingrown passion. rotting flowers. sweating like a clinomaniac. sweet, sweeter, sweetest, sour.  I want the sky to fall.   

remember the pickle jars.
I left them on the windowsill.  

rain water. salt water. vinegar. coffee stains on the coffee table. concentric circles all the same size. each slow breath, static, commensurate. I follow broken lines. fermenting in-domitable curves. 

passion ingrowing, flowers rotting, sweet dreaming, sky falling, pickling, expanding, folding, never whole, never more than whole.

• poetri

Hey! Beth R and I made a google doc for play/screenwriters to get feedback on more serious works the wtw interface doesn't really allow for, and we want you to be a part of it!
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rXhx6wERz8Hkh9aNllIIX5gzCilIwB8nWobapB9g6e8/edit#heading=h.9hvbcwds58ws

• Starlitskies

Omsdfjlksdjfalskjflksdfjsldkfjlsakdfj This is so brilliant! I love the alliteration and the assonance and the consonance! It's so poetic and flows smoothly! I really love the "sweet, sweeter, sweetest, sour" part. It's like you're climbing up a mountain with the first three words, and then you drop down a cliff to the complete opposite with the last word! And the ending is absolutely stunning! "never whole, never more than whole". There's this sense of poignant finality in it. Truly beautiful! <3