Dragonfly

Germany

18
I love writing, singing, reading, crafting, drawing, hiking, cats, nature and a lot of other stuff.

I also am interested in all sciences

Feedback is always welcome!

Arm wrestling

Write about your favorite memory, but from the POV of someone besides yourself. (by wreathwriter)

Her hand in mine. The entire class gathered around us. We sit in front of each other, the girl and me. Arm wrestling.
I think the first year this girl has been in my class, I did not even know her name. To me she simply always was Kyra's friend. But when we started arm wrestling today, she came over.
"Can I try too?" she asked, after three boys had lost against me. I think it was the first time I ever looked at her. She was not tall or had any visible muscles. Not that I would have expected anything of the like in a girl from the 9th grade.
I smiled "Sure." I am the second strongest boy in class, there is no way she'll win.
She sat down opposite to me.
So now my left hand is locked in hers and neither of our arms are moving.
"You're just holding." Jonathan says.
"Come on Luke, don't play around." Luis prompts.
So I put more pressure on her arm and like I hoped, it moves. The distance between her hand and the table grows smaller and smaller and smaller. Only a few centimeters, millimeters more... Our hands stop.
I look up and see a triumphant smile curling around her lips. Kyra cheers.
"Is that all you are able to do?" Sam asks. He's stronger than me.
I laugh and note "Your wrist is twisted."
"I know." there is a self-confidence in the girl's voice that surprises me.
"That's cheating, I can't move!"
"Is that my problem?" her smile widens "You can try and twist your wrist as well."
I use all my strength, put all my weight against my arm. She does not move. So I hold, eventually she'll get tired. She does not. Instead she pushes my arm back into the start position. Around us it has become quiet.
The door opens and a teacher enters. We get up and return to our seats.
"You haven't won." I tell Kyra's friend.
"Neither have you."

• Starlitskies

Re: I think I get what you're saying. I'll be sure to use it the next time I arm wrestle anyone. XD
    And yes, I agree with you! More people should like science!

• wavewriter

Awesome piece here!! I love that the girl is simply described as ''Kyra's friend,'' it gives her an aura of mystery. My favorite part is the ending, I love how she responds!! Great job!

• Starlitskies

Ooooh and I just noticed you're a science gal!!! Same here! :)

• Starlitskies

Oooooh! I love this piece! There's the beauty of the spotlight falling on people you have never noticed before, and the ending is absolutely on point! But I'm kinda confused, what did she do with her wrist?
    Re: Thank you so much for your comment on my piece! <3