ava09 (sorta back)

17|She/Her|Slytherin|HP|Star Wars|Marvel|LOTR|Madam Secretary|Umbrella Academy|Classic Novels|Journals|Barns and Noble|Soccer|The PL|Manchester United|USWNT|Music|Taylor Swift|Law|Violin|Food|Hopeless Romantic

read the footnotes lovelies. <3 life is short - tell someone you love them!

swimming in heaven (footnotes!!!)

21
you left too soon
it wasn’t your time
accidents happen once a blue moon
the fact that it happened now is a crime

i’ll never know you well at all
i’ll never be your friend
you’ll never get to experience a windfall
or try for gold and up the podium ascend

i wish i could give your mom and sister a hug
i can’t imagine their pain
losing a father and sister is beyond tough
i know their world will never be the same

and though i don’t quite know what to think
just that your life was cut short too soon
sometimes good things can end in a blink
or some might say once in a blue moon

to close i’d bid you farewell forever
and i hope when you make your ascension
you’re living the life which you always dreamed
kendall, i hope you are swimming in heaven
a week or two ago a girl from my school was in a car accident while she was visiting colleges on the east coast. she and her father both died from injuries.
i didn’t know her well but she went to the same elementary school and middle school as me.
you can never tell how this stuff will affect you until it does.
she was a really sweet girl.
she was 15.
i’m promise i’m okay, so don’t worry about me - like i said, i didn’t know her that well. it’s more the shock of something so inexplicable happening that caused me to write. and the empathy i have for her family and what they’re going through.
if you pray if you're religious, or if you send kind words if you aren’t, send some her family’s and friend’s way - they really need it.
thanks for your support always <3

p.s. i needed to write this and felt like posting it, but i've been without motivation to do much lately (not because of what happened, just life in general feels very bleh right now i don't know haha) so that's why i've not been responding to comments and such. so i'll respond eventually (i promise!!) it just might be a bit. love you all. <33

• Just_A_Memory

"One, two, three, four. . ." William paces back and forth across the room. His dark hair is ruffled like always and his blue eyes sparkle brightly. When you walk in, he glances your way. "Oh, hi! So, JAM couldn't come up with an interesting notif, so this is what you get." He sighs, shaking his head slightly. "She stays up way too late. How that girl is even still writing is a miracle." Pulling a slip of paper from his vest pocket, the duke hands it to you. "She wanted me to give you this though. You already know what it is, but eh."

______
    -------

• Busssy.Beee

Your fingers glide across the horse's coat, the pearl white hair tickling your fingertips. Buck taps you on the shoulder and asks, "Would you mind if I take your horse and get it ready?" You nod, and hand the horse over to Buck. Within minutes, he comes back with your horse, all saddled up. Grabbing the reins, you hop onto the saddle. Engraved onto the side of the leather seat, you find a link: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/228320/version/482875

• Just_A_Memory

She sat at the edge of the water, waves brushing her toe-tips. Beside her was a stack of rocks she'd been skipping, their flat, slate-like textures perfect for the job. Her white dress pooled around her, light hair cascading down her back. She picked up one of the rocks, inspecting it closely. The sides of it had been worn over time, but there was still a faint imprint. Running her fingers along the edge, she whispered the numbers and letters she felt.
    She had carved the link into the side of the rock. It was part of her life's work. Something she held dear to her. Maybe someone would find it one day. Perhaps not. All she knew, was that she hoped someone would share the journey with her. Standing, she tossed the rock as far as she could. She couldn't even hear the soft *plop* it made as it hit the surface of the water. She waited until the rippled stopped and then turned, walking back down the path she'd come from, the only sound the rustling of the poplars.

• Busssy.Beee

Hi! You mindlessly flip through your daily mail, your eyes skimming across the labeled edges. Nothing out of the ordinary, just newspaper and ads. That's until you reach the last envelop. A large red slash gets plastered against the corner. You open it hurriedly, cutting open a slit and sliding the cream paper out. Your name, next to a link, is printed along a long paragraph. "You have officially been summoned as the grand jury; seat number 12 in the seating cabin; read further for more details..."
    You sigh and glance at the bottom of the page, of course it's the address of the court room.
    https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/218652/version/457481 (Chapter 12)
    See you there!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: <33

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: Aw, thank you!! :D
    I understand! I’ve been so busy, tired..... a lot going on! But overall, well. But it’s nice to hear from you! :) Hope you get to enjoy the weekend!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hi! How are you doing? It’s been a while since I’ve checked in.....

• Just_A_Memory

The moon was at it's peak, casting long shadows through the woods. Lulling whispers reach your ear from the depths of the trees, but you can't quite make out the words. Out of the corner of your vision, a flicker. A flicker of darkness dancing along the abandoned hunting path next to you. You nock an arrow, sighting before releasing. The shadow yelped and darted away, but something remained pinned to the ground via your arrow. You scurry closer to see what it is. It's a piece of a dark brown cloak. At first it seems ordinary, but when you take a closer look, you realize that embroidered into the cloth is a link

But what mysteries might it reveal unto you?

• AstroWriter

The long, awaited Q&A is FINALLY HERE!!! Yasss. Here you go.

• Charisse Marison

That must be really rough. My heart goes out to her family 3 I'll keep them in my prayers. You did a great job expressing the pain and heartbreak after losing a loved one. Very beautiful piece. R.I.P Kendall (if that's her actual name idk) and her dad.

• Busssy.Beee

hello! 2021 has just begun, so the authors had some fun. Chapter 10 is quite a show, we hope it'll keep you on your toes. Quick, quick time is ticking, don't be late for we'll be waiting!!
    (sorry for the cringe-worthy rhyme) xP

• Jason_claire :)

replying- Thank you; yes, I am indeed a Twilight fan. Edythe is part of a new book called Life and Death, it came in August I think, but it's by the same person. I was wondering if I could find anyone who'd read it yet. Yeah, I'm thinking I could get good, but my friend said it would be nearly impossible to learn so much in little time. Guess I'll have to be nearly impossible, haha. Wow, good for you for learning, I've always been more of a sports person, but I'll give it a try. Yeah, it's funny how it works that way.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!! :) Wolf Sisters forever!!! Writer's block sucks so much! I hope we get over it as soon as possible!!!!! I am so excited to maybe be able to finish my long writing to do list!!!! I am trying but all lot of stuff is just....not good. :/ I love your work! I am hoping 2021 is so much better than 2020! (The bar isn't very high.) :)

• Starlitskies

Re: Thank you for your comment on my piece! I'm glad you're feeling better. :) And Happy new year to you too!!!

aw dude im so sorry--this is so shocking. actually, something similar happened to my friends. Im homeschooled, but one of my friends who actually goes to school told me that a boy who went there got killed in a car accident. makes you never want to learn how to drive.
    re: aww thank you. it means a lot. sending hugs back!

• Starlitskies

I'm so sorry that this happened. It's beautiful how you're honouring her with your words. I'll be praying. Hope you feel better too. <3

• Karma’s_Coming

Major facepalm moment, it’s #1040, totally forgot about that

• Jj101

I’m so sorry. I’m also sending all the hugs and love I have.

• ~madeline~

This is so hard. A good friend of mine died in a car accident a couple years ago and I feel the same way. It hurts and his life made such a big impact in so many people's life. But he's in a place that this world can't hurt him anymore.

• Jason_claire :)

Aw, that sucks, it still hits me sometimes how cruel mortality shakes hands with unfeeling death. I'll be praying though.
    replying- Why thank you. I'm glad you liked them. Yeah, I'm pretty happy it was so likable. Wow, thanks really sweet of you, how thoughtful, I'm sure they appreciated it. That's what's funny, I didn't sign up to play anything in middle school, so I'll go in know not a single idea of what I'm doing. And I don't feel like singing, I'm not good enough to sing in high school. Oh, wow, I hope you enjoyed it :) Yeah, it calms me, I know that sounds a little weird, but before I go to bed, it really helps me chill.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Re: Thanks I might fiddle around with it soon. I have writer's block and I need to get back into good writing. Everything right now is yuck :( . I just don't know about faith. I am just trying to...well...yeah...life is hard. (Not to disrespect anyone who does believe something different.) I'm doing ok. I that is wonderful and beautiful. (humanities ability to all coexist.) I'm here to help and am here for you. I agree getting busy is good and helps take your mind off things. But make sure that you don't suppress your feelings. Wolf sisters forever!!!!! :)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I am not religious. (I respect anyone who is religious. I am just a bit confused on my beliefs at the moment.) But I am sending hugs, and all my love. I know the feeling when life is really bleh. If you need anything, anything at all I am here for you. Wolf sisters!!!
    Re: I really appreciate your comment on my piece. I probably need to spend some time with it to fix up one or two things.

• Just_A_Memory

Sending love and hugs your way! I understand how hard it is, and we'll wait until you're ready! If you ever need to vent, I've got you <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: <3333

Re: Thank you!!
    Oh, I'm glad my comment made you feel seen. I just couldn't stand the way he was talking about people. He's allowed to have whatever beliefs he wants, but that kind of talk is ridiculous. I had to say something.
    And of course. <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you. And absolutely. We have been praying each day, and will continue to. <3333

Take all the time you need. It can hurt very badly. Last year, there was a dengue virus going around where I live, and a boy a class below died from it. I didn't know him either, but it doesn't reduce the fact that what happened was real, and it hurts.

I'll pray for the family, and for you too.

• AJ - Izzy

I'll keep them in my prayers.
    This is a beautiful poem for her, truly an amazing piece; don't forget to look after yourself too. Take care <3

I'll be praying <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

This is breaking me....... we will absolutely be praying for them. Sending so many thoughts and so much love to everyone involved. God is good, even when times are bad. <333333

This broke my heart. I am so sorry. Her family must be in so much pain. This poem was a great way of letting your emotions out, i could really feel the emotions. Sending lots of love

• sci-Fi

That's so terrible, I'm sorry. I think you captured the essence of the situation perfectly in this poem (I've been in a similar one). Sending love <3