lochnessie

flaming dragon protector of all minority groups, especially if sunny lets me borrow her sword
proud big sister <3

fireful.

zia

7
christmas.
cousins popping crackers, red plastic rings and jokes and hats
zia maria serves a panna cotta, lost in a strange fog of memory,
and whispers 'death by ze chocolate' which makes us all look at the yule log anxiously.
presents of beautiful things - a small collection of guidebooks to faraway cities
filled with pictures that ignite my traveling dreams.
zia maria asks how old i am.
"thirteen? i did not go to school when i was thirteen. i was in the refuge camp."
zia maria has met me before but she can't remember. she holds my little brother with a mama's touch.
i feel out of place, not in my blood family
but zia pats my hands with a smile like paper. 'you are a very nice girl.'
she can't remember what i said two minutes ago but
she tells me the names of all her seven siblings and the colours of their eyes.
zia maria came here when she was eighteen. what must it be like to feel so alone? i used to wish i was italian because the language sounded so beautiful. now i realise i just wanted that little piece that would link me to the rest of my family.
but zia pats my hands and i am linked to all my family.
christmas is a memory,
our memory,
her memory.
zia = aunt (my great aunt) in italian

The final chapter has been published for On the High Seas!

• rwong

also sorry for commenting so much buttt you're featured in my piece!! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/211340/version/437616

• rwong

hey ness!!! haven't talked in a while so i just wanted to drop by and say hiiiii happy new year!!! i really hope it's going well for you so far <3 <3 how are you?????
    ps i still can't get over how pretty you are arghhhh
    anyway love you!! talk to you soon <3 <3 <3

Hi :)

idk if you've seen, but Wisp has a little prompt going around about thankfulness and stuff - here, i'll link it in case you want to check it out: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/210252/version/435933

Anyways, the reason I'm writing this is because I want to say thank you. You're so sweet, and I love talking to you! You always encourage and lift me up, and it really means a lot to me. Even if you can't see how amazing you are, you really, really are amazing <3 You mean a lot to me. This place wouldn't be the same without you. And I know we haven't gotten to talk a whole lot lately, but I love your work and you're such an inspiration to me! I really enjoy talking to you and writing alongside you - I hope it can continue for many years to come! <3

Blessings on your new year! Hope 2021 is off to a good start! Lots of love :)

Chapter 7 is out for On The High Seas!!

re: it is indeed my face :)) also i believe you just had a ness freak out in my comment section and? no worries!! you’re so adorable!! <3

Re: Yesssss you are very muchness very beautiful :< Kewl :) A lotta Australian houses are red brick lop ^^ Oh rlly? You really deserve to win more D:< And nu it will not be your last, but congrats anyway :)

re: lol ok i feel you

but seriously. shush. ;) love you dear <3

oh the interview and picture? yes i did :) and i stand by my previous comment, you're literally so pretty so be quiet (in the nicest way possible lol) also the interview was great :)

re: if i saw...?

Aaaa I saw your interview! You're so pretty! LOL I saw the house behind you, and instantly knew you were Australian. I live in a similar house; red brick :P America doesn't have many houses like that lol :P Yayyy now we've both won best peer review! Wait have you won any comps before?

re: omg you’re so so so adorable and pretty!!! you have the kindest face aaaa ness (also your name is. so rad!)

• crystalline•galaxies

re: what's the blog, if i might ask? also, thanks for your kind comment!

p.s. see most recent peice of mineee u in da footnotes!

on the blog!? woahhhh! i see picture of you! you are amazing but i already new that! and love ur interview! so well spoken! but i already knew that! ahudfijo so proud of you dear!
    <3<3<3

Firstly, this is so beautiful I don't even have words. Like, how could something so exquisite even exist? I haven't read your writing in a while, but seeing you on the blog made me come back. Which brings me to my second point:

You're on the blog!!!!

Re: K imma do both. That is hilarious but also UR GORGEOUS AND I WANNA SEE UR FACE.

OHMYGOSHYOUREONTHEBLOGHOWDIDINOTKNOWTHIS
    *inhales*
    ...sorry. um... I need to go see this! now?!

Oh also yeah I'm on hiatus just for a short time, just taking a breather for the holidays :) all is well!
    Mwah mwah hope youre doing amazing!
    (Also I have no idea what was happening below lmao but you are BEAUTIFUL and we LOVE YOU and you're AMAZING! )

Re: I can't decide whether to applaud your creativity or boo your self-deprecation

re: oh no worries!! I hope life is calming down a bit--i totally understand how busy holdiays (and just life in general) can be.
    also i read the blog post! That is so exciting!! and you are so stinking pretty!!! ;) congrats again for best peer review. it seriously did help me a TON <33

Re: Oh my gosh you're too much haha

• rwong

re: loopdidoop whoop

• beth r.

re: *insert pinky high five* also @Anne Blackwood HaHahAha
    you better accept those compliments gurl

Re: Don't make me summon a bunch of singing animals to force you into a dramatic self-discovery ballad

Re: Stahhhhhhhp!

• rwong

re: AHAHAHHAHAHAHA i honestly don't even know what to say
    hop hop boing hop

Re: *rolls eyes* *rolls self-confidence at you in the most gentle-aggressive way possible*
    Haha my life is a musical, what can I say?

Re: Okayyy. But if I have to stop apologizing then you have to tell yourself you're beautiful even if you don't believe it. Listen to me and Beth. *sings* Friends know best, listen to your frie-ends, you're a pretty girl I know...

• beth r.

ah i love this. it feels like home, the imagery is gorgeous!
    re: um hello? you are literally gorgeous! congrats on the blog! your answers were great and really eloquent :)

Shoot it sounded like I was joking that you aren't wise oops not my intent please know what I mean XD

Re: Omigosh I just read it! You seemed so wise lol. And Ness you're really pretty!!

• rwong

re: hrmpphhh nooooo ur fineeeeee
    also lol i assure you no one will hop out of your computer. oh but if someone does please tell meeeeeeee ;DD

replying: haha aw thank you so much,that's so sweet!
    but hmmm blog?! i don't understanddd nessiee

• rwong

re: ahahaha noooo ur answers are fineee and so is your picture :)

• Karma’s_Coming

re: I totally understand that. And thanks for the nice comment despite the fact that I quite literally misspelled one of the easiest words to spell in the English language. Fat fingers get you nowhere in life, I swear.

Ladell and Tallis are back with part 6 of On The High Seas!!!

also wow, this is beautifully written. heartwarmingly nostalgic in a way, yet new.

Chapter 25 for Traitors and Rebels is out!

• sci-Fi

Re: Oh I'm fine. What I was dreading didn't happen. We're good.

Late Merry Xmas Ness!<3 <3

Oh this is just so... heartwarming? Idk it's that and so much more. And belated Merry Christmas, Ness. <3

this is so... warm and beautiful and emotional... intertwined with the feeling of christmas is your zia's story which i absolutely love! comforting and intense at the same time almost? this little piece of your family history... amazing. and like crystalline galaxies said i miss interacting with you! sooooooooo merrry christmasssss even tho it is the tomorrow for youuuuu.....
    <3<3<3

• rwong

ok you reposted so i get to recomment, ness :) so first, i love love love this homey feeling you create will all the imagery at the beginning; it's like i'm celebrating christmas right next to you. i love how you tell your zia's story through this short piece, giving us little details here and there and her story is truly heartbreaking. and then the ending argghhhhhhh it just ties everything together so nicelyyyyy. ok and finally finally, i know time zones exist and it's like 4 AM in the morning of the 26th for you (i'm trying to calculate but i suck at math lol) BUTTTT it's 9 AM of the 25th for me. so i still get to say MERRY CHRISTMAS, NESS!!! <3 <3

• crystalline•galaxies

i feel like i haven’t interacted with you in forever, and i really miss it. this is the perfect piece to find of yours, though. you manage to get the feeling of home, family, and comfort across in a way that is so touching and personal. this piece made me grin uncontrollably towards the end, it was so sweet. i hope you’re doing well on this christmas day!