happy butterfly

South Africa

15
poet
pisces
swimmer
reader
swiftie
a shy people's person
wtw's official little sister:)
special wtw sister to anne blackwood
honey aunt to FantasyOtter12:)

i've spilt all my stars out for you

thank you angels

theodore

30

theodore, i told myself i would never forget you
theodore, i've been placing you at the back of my mind
i wish you knew i was sorry

3rd grade saw our last moon touch, saw our last ripped words
our friendship was built around slipping smiles and secret stares
and theodore, you taught me something about my soul
and theodore, i think you added something to my soul
something metallic and soft, sings folk music around my heart
theodore, do you wonder about me? have i sculpted something into you. is there anything beautiful i have given you?
withered, once floating, flowers tucked behind my ear. i wish you could bring back their sparkle,
i wish tulips lived forever
theodore, i think you saw my hidden pink sky
oh theodore, you slipped dragonfly rings onto my fingers
the pain of drifting rain      helpless children
life molded our future with evil clay.

theodore, i miss you

theodore, tell me you still love something about me, anything.
theodore, i can't hear echoes. or are echoes all i ever hear?
whisper "sharks" into my ocean again
i'll take risks and dance on the edge of the cliff
and i'l fall fall fall and decorate the air
for you, theodore
i wanna find freedom in love
i will collect your words in my right hand and 
theodore, you could hold my left ( please renew my rings. so i know they still hold worth to you )

theodore, can you tell i'm breathing deeper now
oh i wonder, how many times have we just missed each other in the dairy aisle
oh theodore, have we been ignorant of bliss?theodore, i'm sorry i didn't say hello to you in the restaurant last december. would you believe me if i said i was scared?
but theodore, i saw you staring at me and i know you saw me staring back at you
it felt as if we were reclaiming torn memories and pure love ( everlasting?)
but those harsh, ugly orange lights pulled at reality and rationality.
theodore, i miss you. i should've said that, i should've said so many things. maybe
"goodbye"
summer feelings made life feel timeless
but theodore, you've changed and i've changed but why does it change
i wanna ask you to open the sunshine door and enter my prism
theodore, you sure know how to haunt me
theodore, you sure know how to become my love

arggg i've been working on this poem for 2 weeks now. it's one of the reasons i haven't been publishing so frequently. it was taking up all my energy,i couldn' work on anything else.it has literally killed me.it's not my best work but i worked so hard on it because it's quite close to me.
also i'm lowkey obsessed with alliteration.
also, does it make sense that i'm a pisces? kinda really curious

re: awww you’re so so kind, butterfly!! thank you so much!! also lol thank you about my profile picture. it wasn’t me, but that’s pretty much how I look? i changed my pfp just now (just for a few days) to my face as a face reveal, so :)

Re: Yea, most of my pieces will continue to be signed like that ^-^ i just think the
    -Thank you for your time- part is funny when the piece is super short cuz ~Writers block~ lol. I appreciate your support as always! Cheers to embracing the good indeed :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you!!! :) <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww!! Thank you!!! :) have a great day/ night!

• McK13

Re: thank you so much for your sweet comment and for welcoming me to the WtW community! :)

• AJ - Izzy

"withered, once floating, flowers tucked behind my ear. i wish you could bring back their sparkle,/i wish tulips lived forever"
    This is, wow. I'm speechless, absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous writing. The alliteration is beautiful, this is a masterful painting and the emotion has my heart beating faster than ever... I can't believe I haven't found you earlier, I might be blind? Keep writing, you are incredibly talented :)

• mindfruit

G'day anisa! wait actually I just searched it up and it says it's 1 am in South Africa....G'early morning I guess? Anyways, I love this piece! the emotion, the casualness yet poetic-ness at the same time, the beautiful metaphors...it's all amazing! I think my favorite line would have to be "theodore, i can't hear echoes. or are echoes all i ever hear?" it's just so thought-provoking and it makes you pause for a moment after reading it.
    Re: thank you!

• ~madeline~

Re: You too! Sleep tight ;) Don't let the frost bite.

• ~madeline~

Re: Right?! It's not a good book if I don't cackle like a maniac sometime during it lol.

• lochnessie

hello! umm i forgot to say how good this was and i came here to say i was on the blog but now i am sidetrackeddd

• ~madeline~

Re: Definitely. or just to laugh or cry about the book with someone and feel a little less like i'm insane or overreacting lol. (don't judge i love my characters)

• ~madeline~

Re: I totally agree. Like some books I just... I'm not really interested in that. Sometimes it's not even that bad it's just not something I wanna read about. Also I have and older and younger sister both of whom love reading and give me all their great recommendations. Almost everything I love they read first. And then I can talk to them about it and it's kinda great XD

• ~madeline~

Re: That's so accurate. And already the list I have now I don't think I'm gonna be able to finish by the end of high school. There are just too many good books in this world.

• ~madeline~

Re: Definitely XD. I really need to read the rest of his series tho. Let's add that to my impossibly long list lol.

• ~madeline~

Re:Oohhh. Ummm... PJO and HOO are my favorite so far. Like you I haven't finished any of his other series but I started trials of Apollo. So far, I really like it, but I'm waiting for the rest of the series to come on my library holds. I also can't tell whether I like PJO or HOO better.... I love the percy viewpoints in PJO, but HOO has so many other interesting characters too. Too hard to decide.... GRR. :) soooo good.

• ~madeline~

Re: thank you so much!! Just out of curiosity... What's your favorite of Riordan's series'?

Re: <3 ^u^

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you!!

• Jason_claire :)

replying- yeah, I get what you mean.

Re: Thank you! <3

• Jason_claire :)

I feel you, I can think back to my old close friends and wish on stars we could be together again.
    replying- Thanks :)

re: don't worry i'm totally okay! :) i just needed a bit of a break, it was getting a little stressful, trying to reply to comments and keep up and i just... you know, needed to have a little distance to clear my mind. i'm still writing, just more on paper; i find that it helps me focus more, idk. i'll be back as soon as winter break is over! :) hope you're doing well, too! <33

Re: *sigh* I'm too poor to visit you. *tear(s)*
    Ah we are such twins lol.

Re: Yep it was a bit of a relief.
    Okay the fact that you told me about that makes me so happy because I feel like I'm with you and that you're comfortable being goofy around me. ^U^ Oh and I do that smile thing subconsciously as one of my resting faces so yeah that's awkward.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: oh, okay! Thank you! And good night then!! :D

Re: Thanks for everything!!
    So I have two diagnoses (and possibly a third soon) of chronic illnesses. I'm not allowed to share the names of them (understandably; this is the internet), but yeah. Since they're chronic, they won't go away, but because we're getting names, we can also work on treatment options to make it all more manageable.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much. I’m doing alright, just got too many emotions for this little head of mine, lol. Thank you again for the sweet comment. I hope you have an awesome day!

• V-Rose

Here's chapter 23 of Death's Tales! Merry Christmas!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: XD thanks!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much!!!! Ooh, Yes Disney!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! XD Frozen and Tangoed are both epic! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!!!!!! And wow, about the dreams! I get it about Peeta... that’s how I feel. Yet I still have too many crushes, lol. There are some boys like Peeta out there, though. You just have to find them!

Re: You're very welcome!
    Awww that all made me smile and laugh and get emotional thank you! I love you too. <3

Re (to your comment on "Who Looks Up"): Thanks! Haha I often bring a blanket around the house. Np review whatever you can.

Re (to the comments on "unurban"): Aww thank you times infinity plus two! That means the world to me. If you really like it that much, I'll definitely get my brother's input into whether I should enter it or not (bc he's usually unbiased) (but he also hates lowercases stuff so I might ignore him lol).

Okay but Anisa. I'm literally obsessed with your poetry. It doesn't have to follow any rules to be gorgeous. Idk if you know this, but I consider you to be more talented than myself. The way your mind and heart work together to turn words around a feeling or subject is mindblowing.
    Also, most of what I know about poetry is also from here. I learned a bit about it in school, but most of it is trial and error in middle school with a more seasoned poet friend critiquing me. But I lowkey sucked back then. I learned and grew through reading poetry here and getting a few reviews and some comments.
    I honestly don't read that much professional poetry. I keep telling myself I need to read more Emily Dickinson bc I love what I've read by her, but I keep procrastinating XD. I love Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost and Introduction to Poetry by Billy Collins. I read a poetry book by one of my favorite authors, Robin Merril, and I've actually borrowed from her style on occasion. My favorite spoken word poet is hands down Sarah Kay. Her poetry is living artwork, and I've definitely learned a lot from her and would recommend every aspiring poet, written or spoken, to immerse themself in her work. Some videos you can start with are "A Bird Made of Birds", "If I Should Have a Daughter" (that one has the d swear once), "Mrs. Ribeiro", and the whole video "Sarah Kay, Poetess/Storyteller | TEDxEast". I know that was a lot by her, but I doubt you'll want to stop once you start.

And thanks for telling me how you found that piece; you know I was curious XD.

• birthdaycandles

ok but “our last moon touch” stole my heart like aww

Re: Oh, and no need to comment your favorite pieces. That was from the first time I published that piece. I've now picked a billion I plan on entering lol. But if there's one piece that you think I just *have* to enter that doesn't already have "(republishing for peer review)" in the title, I'll definitely consider it.

Re: Thank you! I appreciate any effort. I don't have one piece that needs a review most, but I do have three, so feel free to pick whichever one of the following that you'd find easiest to write a nice review for.

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

so lovely~!

Flawless and beautiful as always butterfly <3 :)

This is so pretty and yet bittersweet. The lines about the "sunshine" door remind me of something I would read in Anne of Green Gables.

Gosh this is just perfect oh my goodness!! You are a goddess with words... im in awe rn! I wish I could write a more eloquent comment, but Anne took all my words :) this is so beautiful! <3

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

this is so beautiful

• katnissromanoff

Wow, I seriously love this so much. It's amazing! I got chills reading. So beautifully written, honestly stunning.

• Caleb Urlacher

chills.
    "i wish tulips lived forever
    the pain of drifting rain helpless children
    life molded our future with evil clay."
    i mean.. dragnofly rings?? what a great little thought that is. this is really beautiful. great job.

Re: You're welcome!
    Okay cool cool.
    And lol thanks. ^u^

Oh, about the Pisces thing. I don't really believe in astrology; to me, it's just slightly vague statements that could fit most people; I often relate to pretty much all of the signs at one point or another. I mean we're basically the same person but we're different signs. Pretty sure Virgos are supposed to Ravenclaws, but while I am nerdy, I'm very Hufflepuff. So idk. But it can be fun to look at astrology stuff and sometimes it can be accurate.

"3rd grade saw our last moon touch, saw our last ripped words"
    Shoot that's agonizingly gorgeous.
    "i will collect your words in my right hand and
    theodore, you could hold my left"
    Um wow okay just do that awesomeness.
    "theodore, can you tell i'm breathing deeper now"
    Ooh I love that comment.
    "oh theodore, have we been ignorant of bliss?"
    AJSLKDJF WHAT IS THAT AMAZING FLIP?!
    This piece was definitely worth the time and effort. Wow.