elliem

Apparently, I'm 17
Come to my feed for free hugs :)
Somebody run through castle ruins at midnight with me

Acting
Dancing
Singing
Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
Petrichor
Soft girl/Dark academia mix
Virgo
ENFJ

WtW pixie (ty Dmoral) :)

Lowercase and selective punctuation intended :)

Happy holidays, y'all. <3

i might have seen salvation in the christmas lights

11

and when we carried cardboard christmas boxes from the attic, i thought / perhaps they were dust-ridden, but the gritty cloth rags in our calloused hands / cleaned our flesh and souls of year-long dust, too / a year sapped of colour trapped us so far in the grey / it took me to the moment i plugged in the lights / to pull me back to the

/ glow /

when one finds themself in the grey, it is too easy to frown / to let their head swim until the sickly sweet summer fades away / and here we are, december, and / i never thought plastic lights could make me cry tears of relief / red / glistening like rubies wet with winter rain / green / an echo of the thinly-spun pine needles clinging to our tree / white / scattered like a jester's tricks across our freshly awoken walls / and in our christmas lights i think / i might have found

/ salvation /
I'm back from my long hiatus, lovelies! Never fear, Ellie is here. I've been swamped with schoolwork and university applications, not to mention that I started and finished working on a (virtual) musical all in a few months and kept up with my extracurriculars. Needless to say, I had to push my writing aside for awhile. Now that I'm on break, I'm here! :)

I'm sorry if this piece isn't up to my usual standard. It's based on some recent feelings I've had (my anxiety has been on a major increase during the past few months, to the point where it's been physically affecting me, like giving me migraines.) However, the Christmas spirit combined with winter break have been slowly pulling me back to my normal self. I feel as though I may be a little rusty after my hiatus, during which I wrote a little, but not nearly as much as I wrote in the summer. Either way, I'm glad to be back. Make sure to drop a hello in the comments, and if you came in the past couple of months and don't know who I am, it's nice to meet you!

Thank you so much to everyone who sent me a sweet message during my hiatus to ask where I am or just say something nice. It means a lot to me that you continue to support me whether or not I'm active.

I hope your day/night is going well! :)

Beautiful as always! :) so good to see you back, dear!

• beth r.

ah so good to see you on this side of the internet!
    gorgeous piece- i hope your anxiety gets better. 2020 has been awful, so I can relate. I love the formatting and storyline of this piece- great work, as always!

• Wisp

Replying: Aww, your comment was just the sweetest and it just made me smile. My day's going well and I hope yours is too!

Also *hug*

Oh my gosh hi!! I'm so glad you're back!!

aghh i love this so much,its so pretty and the imagery is divine

• Wisp

Hello!! It's so wonderful to see you back here!
    Also this piece, oh my goodness I love the vibes you create and the aura that radiate off of it. There's just this sweetness in it and such a loveliness in it all. I love this view into your life, this little glimpse in what makes you happy and relaxed and calm and at ease. There's just so much to unfold here and it's all just beautifully told. There's such sweetness with a tinge of melancholy and that creates just this beautiful vibe from it overall. Simply a delight to read and I will always be here to support you!
    Replying: You absolutely deserve all the people who look up to you and more! Your writing is stunning and out of this world and deserves so much love! And thank you so much for your kind words as well! They definitely brightened up my day and I'm so thankful for that. Hope all's well with you!

replying: aww of course i miss you. im so excited youre back!
    thank you so much<3
    ps. i dont have time right now,but im going to come back later today to read this piece. eek cant wait!:)<3

• rwong

this piece really blew me away!! i tried really hard to pick a favorite line but eventually settled on this: "perhaps they were dust-ridden, but the gritty cloth rags in our calloused hands / cleaned our flesh and souls of year-long dust, too" this line is soooo poetic and amazing i mean it really matches the fresh start idea you have here, and it echoes the end of the year/entering 2021 vibe.

oh and HIII WELCOME BACK FROM HIATUS!! i guess i don't know you super well but i recall talking to you a while back and you're so sweet and kind <3 best of luck on your college aps (wait are you done yet? i think it works a little differently around the world) and i really hope you're feeling better and taking a break for the holidays!! take care <3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: oh dear, i'm not following you either! i've remedied that now, thank goodness. when i saw this piece on the dashboard, i got so excited to see that you'd posted. it did not disappoint in the slightest.

you see, you have such a way with forming a scene that's universal enough to create an emotional reaction in almost anyone, but at the same time it feels so personal and intimate. it's incredible. it's short and sweet but packed with emotion and genuineness, and i can't get enough of it. excellent work here, and i hope you can find more time to write as the holidays march on! if not, that's totally okay too, and i hope that you take care of yourself. love you!