SunV

ca alum!

it takes two to break a heart

est. 11/10/19

playing '22 break' by oh wonder
────⚪─────────
◄◄⠀▐▐ ⠀►►
1:05/3:24

hope will never be enough.
and neither will be grief.
-because sometimes almost is all you need (an original)

There is a––

PROMPT: Bread and Light

9
  1. There is the sun, that makes me want to live with joy
  2. There is one girl, who makes me feel like I will live a wonderful life
  3. There is a musical, that keeps asking me if I've done enough
  4. There is a book, that tells me that there is true love
  5. There is another book, that lets me believe in magic
  6. There is a song, that makes life feel so tragic
  7. There is an instrument, that lets my soul pour out
  8. There is a person, that helps me plan my goals out
  9. There is a spark, that I will kindle into a fire
  10. There is a pot of gold, that makes me walk on the wire.
A lot of this is meant to be taken metaphorically. I don't have a pot of gold :)

Originally published: 30/12/2020

• January 3, 2021 - 12:56am (Now Viewing)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Dear SunV,
    I wanted to tell you how awesome you are. Thank you so much for being my friend. I know we haven’t talked all that much. But still, your support has been amazing. You are an amazing writer and friend. Thank you for everything.
    -Eden
    #Januarygifting

• barelybear

Haha assuming the musical one is Hamilton “Have I done enough?” And all that about legacy
    Wow so you have exams I think at the same time as us in the UK (we have year 11 and year 13) but then extras to specialise? I don’t envy you ahaha. Do you get to choose the subjects you take? Like for us we have to do English language, literature, usually 3 sciences, maths, a language and a humanity. Then we get one or two choices and in my case further maths because the whole of my class is doing it. It’s a bit annoying because I hate chemistry but I do get that we have to learn the basics of a wide range. I chose drama and music as my options, but I know some people that chose 2 languages, so they ended up with 3 languages, a humanity and the other compulsories, which is pretty hardcore.

Next year I get to drop all sciences : )

• barelybear

Re: yeahhh I have no such qualms with bootlegs :p
    I’ll have to go check out those artists. I definitely think lyrics are important :)
    Tbh I literally haven’t listened to a pop song since firework by Katy Perry, way back when it was popular (which if I remember right was 2013 haha)
    I’ll listen on the radio, and I kinda just like the plain songs, bc they’re the best to play on the piano. If it’s just voice and accompaniment I can just search up the chords and there it is :)
    I figured I should get into music more. I’m taking music gcse so I really need to just enjoy some good songs before exams kick in and all I can think of is which instrumentation or ornaments or harmonic features are present :/
    Do you do exams at 16 or is it just the UK?

• Starlitskies

Re: Oh yeah, that's totally cool with me. Lmk when you decide to share it. :)
    It does seem we have a lot of winter birthdays. XD And it's so nice that you think that about the date! <3

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Alright. So I guess I can guess a few stuff in this... cos why not? *winks*

1. (SunV hehehe)
    2. Yourself?
    3. The sound of music or the greatest showman (Stupid me, I am guessing over movie musicals)
    4. Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice? Idk, I just think its a classic.
    5. Harry Potter of course.
    6. Is it anything by sleeping at last? Cos I don't listen to them much. But well, I love Saturn (just instrumental). Its truly magical.
    7. Violin
    8. Your parents or maybe God?

Okie dokie artichukie I am mad XD

• Starlitskies

Re: Tysm! <3 If you don't mind saying, when's your birthday? I don't want to miss it! :)

• Starlitskies

Oooooh SunV! This is such a beautiful piece! I love the repetitive beginning of the lines, and the rhyming is music to my ears! You're so creative to have used numbers rather than leaving this as a simple poem. They add a touch of whimsy to your piece! Beautiful!

• happygiggles

replying- Thank you so much! That means the world to me! I never really think I'm that poetic, so hearing it from you, one of the most poetic and talented people on here, is making me feel quite emotional LOL! I studied Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening by Robert Frost in english class, where I first saw the rhyming scheme being used and fell in love with it, the way that Frost used it just seemed so unique and made the whole poem flow so nicely, so I thought I'd give it a go! He definitely did it better though!! xD I highly suggest you have a read at his poem if you have time, it's short, but amazing! Though, to be fair, I was the only one in my class who really liked it, but then again, none of them really like poetry, so, we'll just say that it is lovely!

It's actually 2:56am for me right now, I'm a nightowl and need to get some sleep!!

This piece is so beautiful, the rhymes, OMG the rhymes, gorgeous! I also love the numbers, they really add to the simplicity yet majesty of it! ((: