sci-Fi

call me fi ;) she/they
CA alumni
POC and LGBTQ+ lives matter
feminist
cuz its too cOoOLLdd...
book recs plsss <3 goodreads: philoso_fi

Juliet - Cavetown
03:12 ●━━━━━━─────── 4:28
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

"But wasn't that what every girl dreamed? That she'd wake up and find herself a princess? Or blessed with magical powers and a grand destiny? Maybe there were people who lived those lives...But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren't chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway."
- Inej Ghafa, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

All the beautiful things in life...

All the beautiful things in Life...

1. True companionship, the kind that is equal and loving, brings a calm to my storming mind. A chosen family, a true partner. 
  2. The stories that drive my ambition are of people who built their success from the ground up, use it for good not evil, and are truly happy in their lives.
  3. Nourishment you say? Oranges. Mandarins, tangerines, clementines. At least five a day. My mother claims it’s bad for me, but what does she know?
  4. My bookshelf makes me smile every time: the twinkling fairy lights, my carefully organized shelves. My cacti children perched at the bases of books: Hedwig, Crookshanks, and Pigwidgeon. My escape plans, my fantasies, my knowledge, my worlds.
  5. And lastly, the thing I spend the most time thinking about: the future. The hope. The dream of tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. The beautiful fact that the world is wide and unpredictable and sudden. The wonderful idea that anything could happen.

• Starlitskies

<3<3<3

• Rachaelgrace

this is so so beautiful and touching. you're an amazing master of words.

Ugh why do I feel like crying...this is pure beauty...

• Tula.S

beautiful

I love this so much!!! "The hope. The dream of tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. The beautiful fact that the world is wide and unpredictable and sudden" YESSS!!!

• The Inky Writer

This piece brings such hope :)