wavewriter

Writer
Reader
Swimmer
Pianist

Est. August 2020

"It's not use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then." -Lewis Carroll

Hello there and welcome to my writing! I create mainly poetry and short stories, and I hope you enjoy them!

Feedback is always welcome and appreciated, and if you ever need a review, don't hesitate to ask! I love to help fellow writers.

And lastly, have an amazing day (or night!)

Chapter 6 of beth r.'s story chain!

5
"Charlotte Browning, you are not acting like yourself."
    Alice leaned against the doorway of Charlotte's room, arms folded. Charlotte was lying in her bed, covered by her blanket, shutting out the world and its complications entirely. 
    "Charlotte. Did you hear me?"
    "I heard you," came a muffled voice. 
    Alice sighed and walked over to Charlotte's bed. She tore off the covers to reveal a disgruntled, teary-eyed young woman, hugging her knees to her chest. 
    "I don't want to be a part of this anymore."
    "Because of what happened to Edward?" Alice's tone softened. 
    Charlotte's chin quivered like the epicenter of an earthquake. "It's frightening, Alice! It's not a game! It's- it's real. I don't want to be a part of it any longer."
    "Coward."
    Charlotte sat up. "I am not a coward. You didn't want to be a part of this in the first place." She pointed an accusatory finger towards Alice. "You should be glad we're giving up."
    "I should be, shouldn't I? But I'm not."
    "Might I ask why?" 
    "Because you're right. This is real. This is real life. And I haven't lived real life for- well, I haven't lived real life at all. I've been trapped in the many layers of fancy dresses and avoided any activity that sounded like the least bit of fun."
    "Being involved in a series of murders certainly isn't fun."
    Alice began to waltz around the room. "It's not. And I'm not saying that I am completely fearless after the pub. But... well, I don't know. It feels good to be... unladylike." Alice said that last word in a whisper, like it was a forbidden word that felt so good to say. It was, though.
    Charlotte chuckled despite herself. "Doesn't it?"
    "How in the world did you put up with me?" Alice was still dancing. 
    Charlotte simply smiled, a small one, but it was a smile nonetheless. 
    "Oh! And do you happen to have more pants for out next adventure? I want to see how freeing they really are."
    Like a rabbit when it sees a wolf, Charlotte's grin quickly disappeared. "Our next adventure? Alice, I told you. I'm done."
    Alice finally stopped leaping and spinning and glowered at Charlotte. "It's not an option. You have to finish what you started."
    Charlotte clutched her stomach. She was beginning to feel nauseous. "I can't. I honestly can't."
    "Perhaps you can't do it alone," Alice replied. She walked over to Charlotte and took hold of her hand. "But we can do this together, can't we?"
    "I-" Charlotte was unsure of what to say. Her response, she said later, came from Alice's eyes, which said so much without any words. Please, Charlotte. I need you. I can't do it alone, either
    "I suppose we can."

Word count: 460
This is definitely a short chapter, especially compared with all the others, but sometimes chapters are short! joyful.scribbles (#holidayvibes) is up next for Chapter 7!

Read the previous chapters here:
First Chapter- (beth r.)
Second Chapter- (Future Pseudonym)
Third Chapter- (LindytheRavenclaw)
Fourth Chapter - (Ash~)  
Fifth Chapter- (WinterWolf #holidayvibes) 

The current list of authors is:
Chapter 1: beth r. 
Chapter 2: Future Pseudonym
Chapter 3: LindytheRavenclaw
Chapter 4: Ash~
Chapter 5: WinerWolf (#holidayvibes)
Chapter 6: wreathwriter (#holidayvibes)
Chapter 7: joyful.scribbles (#holidayvibes)
Chapter 8: izzywideon (aka fuzzypidgeon)
Chapter 9: Halopoet
Chapter 10: Stone of Jade
Chapter 11: SunV
Chapter 12: Minvra
Chapter 13: tas (yellowbrickrd)
Chapter 14: Passionate_writer_samriddh

Thanks so much for reading!

• December 23, 2020 - 11:00am (Now Viewing)

• Rose A(hiatus)

Yay! I was finally able to read this. You did a fantastic job. It's short, but it's amazing. I agree with BlueWolf. this gave Alice and Charlotte so much depth.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Absolutely SPECTACULAR!!! It is short and wondrous. The character development is awesome. You have really created more depth to them. It flowed really well and made sense considering recent events. This is probably one of my favourite chapters. I am so excited to read chapter 7!!!!

• Future Pseudonym

FRIGGIN CHARLICE YES

• SamRose

Re: Thank you so much!

• Sunflower~

I love love love love this!!! This is sooooo good!!! I love the way that Alice's behavior is developing and how she is becoming more adventurous and "unladylike" while Charlotte is beginning showing that in reality, she is not as confident as people think ;) Great piece!!!!!

• beth r.

gahhhhhh i love this
    "It feels good to be... unladylike." YASSSSS ALICEEEEE
    i'm awestricken at your ability of character development in shorter writing. I like were charlotte's development is going as ell :)
    amazing work!

• journal.scribbles

This is amazing!!! I think this is actually my favorite chapter so far. I love how you developed both the characters and the plot in such a short chapter. I'm so excited to write my part, although it definitely won't be anywhere near as good as this one.