lilybeam26

New Zealand

New Zealander/American
Scorpio
I don't have a preference to pronouns, what ever you feel comfortable using is fine
16 going into year 12

"Never think it didn't happen to you or it's not real, because it is for you and that's what matters."
-Unknown
Every writer is good, someone will like the things you write about, you just might not have found them yet.
Favourite Book- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen (Makes me cry ever time)

Life Update: I'm back! Things have been tough but I feel so happy, I've started a new book called Ghost Boy, all chapters are done in 2 parts, weekly updates!

Ghost Boy- Prologue

2
I look up from the back seat of the car and smile. I had lived in that orphanage for the longest time and now I have finally been adopted by Rose and Dan Carter. Rose was a nurse at the local hospital and Dan coached the football team at my school. They lived in a big house on the west side of town, they said that they had been trying for a kid for years with no luck so decided to adopt instead.
When they came to the orphanage Dan saw me and recognized me from school. I didn’t play any sports but I loved watching them. I would sit in the stands during practices and cheer the teams on at games. I remember one day Dan had come up and asked if I wanted to sit on the side lines with him. I was so excited for the offer I nearly cried. I took up his offer and helped Dan out when I could. After that I kinda just became part of the team filling drink bottles and scrubbing boots.
So when Dan saw me at the orphanage he gave me a big hug and looked me right in the face saying “We’re here to take you home.” Rose smiled from behind and knew her husband had made the right decision.
I was 16 by then and had given up hope of every being adopted, but here I am on my way to a new house, a new home.
Rose had opened the car door for me and given me a book to read along the way. The Carters lived about 45 minutes from the orphanage.
As I looked up now I saw my life changing, the fancy dress stores and restaurants. We were at an intersection in the middle of town surrounded by the tallest buildings you could imagine. We sat at the red light for a few minutes waiting for it to turn green. When it did, we drove forwards, and I looked out my window but all I could see was the headlights of an on going car till it became so bright I closed my eyes. Only after did I feel the impact of our crash. It was violent and whipped my head back against the seat. All I could feel was panic, not my body, not the car. The wholeness of the situation filled me with a fire I couldn’t control.
Then I woke up fumbling for the light on my side table. Thank God it was only a dream.
first part of my book next chapter hopefully in a week, still working on it

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I am intrigued. I enjoyed this prologue. It was heartwarming at the beginning, and also at the end made me feel panicked because of the crash. Then relief when it turned out to be a dream. I am looking forward to reading the first chapter. If you could notify me when it comes out that would be great.
    My favourite lines were:
    "Dan had come up and asked if I wanted to sit on the side lines with him. I was so excited for the offer I nearly cried. I took up his offer and helped Dan out when I could. After that I kinda just became part of the team filling drink bottles and scrubbing boots."
    "When it did, we drove forwards, and I looked out my window but all I could see was the headlights of an on going car till it became so bright I closed my eyes. Only after did I feel the impact of our crash. It was violent and whipped my head back against the seat. All I could feel was panic, not my body, not the car. The wholeness of the situation filled me with a fire I couldn’t control."
    It has a lot of potential. Amazing job! Happy writing!