Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

I am a senior in high school. I have been on WTW since 8th grade. I am a Christian and am politically conservative. I believe that I can be friends and love anyone despite their beliefs. The world needs more love and encouragement, be that change.

I havent published in a while because of school because I am a senior and have hard courses. But i am back because it is christmas break. I miss my friends I made on here and want to make more :)

Sometimes Life Just Falls Apart

6
What happens when the girl with her whole life planned out is the girl falling apart?
No one notices.
For she knows where she is going and where she is coming from.
Society told her she must act her part.
Study to get the good grades
But never talk from the heart.
If someone asks how you are doing lie and say just fine
Because you must have it all together
That is the bottom line
So if you cry yourself to sleep no one needs to know
As long as you study hard and off to school you go
Your weaknesses you must not show for fear of being caught
That you are not as strong as you let on
And sometimes life just falls apart. 

• December 19, 2020 - 10:28am (Now Viewing)

• alexacpierce

definitely can relate to the raw emotions expressed in this post! there are such unrealistic standards placed on young female students, and students in general, to succeed. it is insinuated that along the path to success, shutting off any sort of emotion or feeling is the best idea...but we often find out that it is not.

nice work :)

• Madelyn (Carolina Girl)

Society tells you that you can show your weakness but when you do they mock you. You are welcome hun :)

• løne wølf

"so if you cry yourself to sleep no one needs to know" so true! society claims to help all who need help but the reality is, the majority of people don't have sympathy for those who are struggling; only true friends and kind souls will.

re: thank you for your kind words! <3