Paisley Blue

she/they | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

i told the stars about you

and as soon as they opened their eyes, the dreams slipped away.

just beyond the screen window

21

the silence, the stillness, creeps along behind me as i
wander through the night. the floorboards creak in all the same places
as they always have -- a constant in a tilting world, like
the dust that collects under my nails as i slip down the stairs.
memories are blackened, photographs faded against the night;
as they dream i'm wide awake. this is where i belong, this is where
i belong. and the tug in my chest pulls me to the window, to the
glowing moon, hovering above the clouds. i press my face
against the window, searching for the filmy crepe paper stars
that sprinkle the sky. dust and too-bright lights cling
to the screen. breeze flows through and pulls me closer, sending
shivers of intimacy and longing under my skin. i turn and catch a glimpse
of my figure in the mirror; age-old tear tracks glistening silver. and the darkness seeps
under the door, winding around my wrists and pulling me back
to the land of sleep. before i close my eyes, i
start to dream.

• Caleb Urlacher

re: yeah I get what you mean lol. That's basically what my church is, so yeah, I'm Christian. I've been taking it more seriously this year though. My faith is also where I find a lot of inspiration for my poems.

• Caleb Urlacher

great! also a question, what denomination of Christian are you?

• pyrrhic

howdidimissthishowdidimissthishowdidimissthis i'm literally punching myself in the face for this i'm going to cry this is too good i'm typing too fast to worry about punctuation i love this so much ovcujasdfdvbfh

• V-Rose

Chapter 19 for Flying on Broken Wings!

• kiranpark

re: thanks thanks thanks hehe :) hope you're happy/healthy as well!

• kiranpark

re: thank you so much! i had written that idea about words dying in your mouth a little over 2 weeks ago, and then i did end up turning it into a piece. i posted it, so it would would mean so much if you could check it out! it's called "everything."

as for this piece, it absolutely blew me away. "age-old tear tracks glistening silver-" this imagery is so so so gorgeous and ethereal and a bit painful, too- tinged with longing and lethargy. i also love how you broke each line off at the end, it feels like a breath hovering between lips. idk maybe i'm just crazy. anyways. this is stellar.

• Just_A_Memory

Re: My day is absolutely splendid, thanks for asking. And I'd say that I'm not the best at drawing, and I'd probably ruin his face, but eh xD I'm sure you're not AWFUL at it. As for meeting him, I'd probably have told my friends, and I'd be too scared to talk to them, so my friends would probably do the honors of speaking to him, and then I'd be dragged into it somehow. Or I'd run away blushing, but end up tripping and landing on my face and... I want to laugh and cry right now xD

• psithurism

umm wow.

• Just_A_Memory

That *CLAP* Last *CLAP* LINE *CLAP* Love it!

Re: Sometimes I freak out, like what if I meet this guy in real life?? I'd... die? Idk xD Probably freak and run away. Not completely sure though. I'm blushing at the thought. I told my brother about it, but for some reason my dad was behind me and he just gave me an incredulous look that said 'I told you no dating, so who is the guy I need to contact'. xD I've got the chills. I really want to draw him, and the moment, but I can't remember what he looks like, so that's not happening ;-;

• eyes.wide.open:)

“Before I close my eyes, I start to dream”- I LOVE THAT!! So gorgeous:))

• crystalline•galaxies

why is this so relaxing?? oh my goodness, it's so gorgeous. ell, i know i've said it before, but you're an absolute goddex.

• ???

BEAUTIFUL OMG

• Rachaelgrace

Wow. The imagery in this knocked my socks off! XD so descriptive, mysterious and beautiful.

• dee’s abditory

DUDE WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT BEING BETTER THAN ME GO WRITE SOME MORE LIMERICKS AAAAAAHH I CANNOT COMPETE WITH YOUR GODLY WORDS

• sci-Fi

gggahahhhhahhhh this is AMAZINNGGG

• Abrianna

That is so, so, I can't even. I absolutely love the dreaming evocation. Amazing job!!<3

• lochnessie

woAHH

• Karma’s_Coming

Wow, the imagery and vocabulary in this is incredible. It’s so fantastical and rhythmic. I love that format as well.