Jimmy Zhang

Spurs – Clippers Game 7: The Best Close to a Series!

It couldn’t have been a better series to watch, with the talented San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Clippers battling it out, but it had to end somehow. Game 7 of this series was probably the best and most dramatic way to end it. After 30 lead changes, 16 ties and 7 games of pure fun and fury, Chris Paul - on one leg with a hamstring injury - hit a running one-handed floater over Tim Duncan with one second left on the clock to lead the Los Angeles Clippers to a 111-109 victory over the defending champion San Antonio Spurs.

Paul had 27 points and six rebounds, Blake Griffin had 24 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists and Matt Barnes had 17 for the Clippers. The incredible Duncan led the Spurs with 27 points and 11 rebounds, which is mesmerizing considering he is already 39! Tony Parker had 20 points for the Spurs, and Kawhi Leonard had 13 points and 10 rebounds in what probably is going to be the most memorable game in the 2014-2015 playoffs.

Lots of game-tying shots and spectacular plays were executed this game, but the most unbelievable is Chris Paul’s one-handed floater than won the game. This shot really showed his talent and devotion towards this growing Los Angeles team. Danny Green and Tim Duncan, what 2 defenders could you ask for to defend this crazy shot?

The MVP of this game is unquestionably Chris Paul. He played through an unbearable amount of pain in his hamstring. Paul had to be sent to the locker room a few times during the game. Despite the injury, he managed to score 27 points and make the game-winning basket. Are you kidding me? How is this not MVP?

“Usually in the past if we've won a series we've pretty much won it hands down, or if we got beat pretty easily,” Popovich said. “Six of the seven games were a grind. It was a little different in that way, but it was a great series. A great series.” “I'm a better person because I went through this series,” Coach Doc Rivers said. Both teams were at peace throughout this series. Everyone gave their best and played real basketball. No fights or tension occurred between them. All the players and coaches learned some valuable lessons as the series progressed. All I can say is: I want to watch it again!