Zirong

- INTJ
- CA Alumni
- typical Libra
- Ravendor
- author of 1 book
- tennis & track team
- animes!!!
- singing & song writing & flute
- a perfectionist and a dreamer :)

- CHECK OUT my gorgeous twin sister Starlitskies!!!

CHECK OUT ALSO my bestie&travel buddy&amazing poet Parisienne!!! And feel free to join our John Green Appreciation Society if you are also a fan of his amazing books!(and perhaps his Crash Course Series XD)

Dreamers can never be tamed :)

Currently reading: *Ariel* by Sylvia Plath - "Love set you going like a fat gold watch"

If you need a peer review just drop a comment under any of my pieces :)

Happy reading&writing~

Masquerade

PROMPT: The Drabble

8
"The Masquerade is over. We can take off our masks now."

A kind voice drops into my ear. I raise my head and see a cute girl standing in front of me, smiling brightly.

"What...what mask?" I feel confused, but my attention is quickly grabbed away by her enchanting curved lips.

"The mask on your face, of course!" She appears a bit surprised, "Like this. Follow me."

I watch her cover her face with both hands. Seconds later, she moves them away. Her curved lips are now pursed; tears are streaming down her face.

"Try?"

"But...but I don't have one..."

word count: 100
Inspired by one of Jimmy Liao's picture books. (I forgot its title lol)

• December 16, 2020 - 9:19am (Now Viewing)

• Starlitskies

OMG! I'm gonna have to agree with Emi, this is one of the best responses for this prompt. You've captured one of society's struggles beautifully and only with a 100 words. Amazing!
    Re: Thank you! Wow you must be fluent in both languages then! That's super cool! I can't get through writing a single book, let alone translate one! So bravo and I'm sure your translation is brilliant as well! Oooh and of course I'd love to read your poetry. Lmk if you do publish any of those pieces!!! XD

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Oh... I promise this is the last thing :3 [I am feeling forgetful tonight (can you tell)] I used to play the flute and it is really cool that you play it too...And tennis is hard. (Thank you... I need bed now.)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Oh btw I think you are trying to say thankyou to Emi in this comment: "Re: Awww thank you sooooooo much!" That is awesome! However for her to see the thank you it must commented on one of her pieces. Otherwise she doesn't see it. But...Yeah. Also I forgot to say in my last comment, I would love if you would expand on this. (only if you want to of course.) It was amazing and enjoyable to read.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

Bravo!!!! *Clapps and almost falls off chair* This is absolutely amazing! I adore this piece. It is so original and creative! In only 100 words you capture this feeling of curiosity at the start (not knowing where this is going), but also kinda a feeling [like I think I know what this is about (mask in society kind of thing)] but is still unsure, a smile at the mention of the girls curved lips, and shock at how drastically the girl changed with and without her mask, and how I kinda feel sorry for the mc (main character) at the end when she feels she/he/other doesn't have a mask, I feel like a old person [someone who has seen the flaws of scioty (I'm weird)] and felt like saying, "everyone has a mask darling" with a eye roll and a gentle and knowing tone. It is masterful!!! (That was a long sentence don't mind the lack of full stops there. :3 )Sorry for the long comment, and possibly bizarre rambling.

The symbolism here...it is so profound and this piece is honestly one of the best ones for the prompt. Amazing work!