AstroWriter

I write for myself and share pieces for you to enjoy as well!
ENFJ
Hardworking • Funny • Nice • Sarcastic • Curious
She/Her
Am a writer to advocate and entertain
<3
*ASTRONOMER IN WORKS*

p.s. we didn't have covid-19 but many people i knew had it and died so like who would celebrate in a time of despair ya know

The Diwali We didn't Have

Every year in Diwali, we have big fireworks. I would throw lots of pop-its on my dad and we would laugh. My mom would be taking a gazillion pictures with more than have of them blurred. I would be dancing with the sparklers with my family in joy. Sometimes, our neighbors would join us. It would be a beautiful and wonderful day.
    Now, Covid-19 took control. One smart person once said "You don't know what you got till you lose it". There was no fun night outside. There were no fireworks or sparklers. There were no pop-its on my dad or a gazillion blurry pictures in my mom's phone. There were no laughs. But there was, in fact, Covid-19.

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

re : hmm i get that. maybe everything is for something good? maybe? well, its all God's play.

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

re : aw, sorry! i am really sorry to hear that! and of course, health is important! also, there are many shops and with boards and placards saying that "maintain social distancing" and "never enter without a mask" but even, the clerks and staff aren't following them, then how will the people? some are like that... and well, a wise man did say that "you don't know what you got till you lose it," and thats the only thing left!

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

oh well, i guess thats because, you live in the united states XD. but in india its all the same as if we never had something called a "corona-virus"... no masks, no social distancing nothing at all!

• astrea

i can completely relate to you.. this years diwali was just felt... off

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

:( I'm so sorry. This piece was really special and I can tell how amazing diwali was and how important it is to you. And how dire Covid-19 is to not celebrate the festival. I'm sorry you didn't get to celebrate Diwali. It sounds like a festival of endless joy.