???

joined: feb, 2020.

an idle brain is the devil's workshop... so keep doing something :)

Boys Walking Down The Streets

PROMPT: The Drabble

49
Cold, numb palms press against
worldly windowsill wonders
spare a curious glance, my dear
at the boys walking down 
the cracked bricked streets;

they tip their hats and quietly lock 
feather snowflakes into fists
and crush their flakes to crystalline
and throw it into each other's eyes;

(and the while you wait for a bloody fight)
they fall into a million smiles.

And you can stare at them, amused
for they feel far and wild and loud
you watch them skip and trip and crawl
and watch them bleed and rise and fall;

boys walking down the cracked bricked streets.  
i remember the time when i was a very little kid with a half eaten chutney-sandwich in my hand, staring at the boys in my class shout and howl. and i remember thinking back then, "how is it like to be a boy?" and i had no clue whatsoever. 
there is this line in Boys Will Be Bugs by Cavetown where he sings, "what's it like in a female world, i bet it's just so much better," and i guess it reminded me of the way i was intrigued by boys. 

• loveofwriting17

Congrats and great job! This piece was beautiful.

• JonesyL123

This piece is so stunning! Congratulations on Wednesday Words :)

• Passionate_writer_samriddhi

CONGRATS ON WEDNESDAY WORDS DEAR FRIEND!!!!
    U r amazing!!!

• Elizabeth Lewis

Congrats on Wednesday Words!!! "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." --- Romans 5:8 NIV
    Happy New Year!

• Rose A(hiatus)

This is so good! I love it. I know I'm a day late, but I wanted to congratulate you on Wednesday Words! You clearly deserve it. :)

• happygiggles

This is so good! Congrats1 :D

• In Which Yaya Writes

Ahaha, is it funny that I imagine girls are so weird to boys? But great piece! I love the imagery and the formatting. Congrats!

Cool! Congrats on Wednesday words! (mmmm a chutney sandwich sounds so yummmyyy)

• ~wildflower~

This piece is absolutely stunning! I love how you use the beautiful setting to describe the boys, intertwining character and setting so elegantly. And the way you highlight the difference between your viewpoint of the boys and how they actually are, as well as their complexity, in this line “(and the while you wait for a bloody fight)/they fall into a million smiles.” is wonderful. A beautiful piece, that is very deserving of Wednesday Words!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

This is so so interesting and well written! CONGRATULATIONS on Wednesday Words!!

• doodleninja

such a beautiful descriptive piece that really reflects some of my own thoughts. congrats on Wednesday words! :D

• sci-Fi

Congrats on Wednesday Words!

ohh this is sucha pretty and cool piece<3 congratulations on wednesday words!:)

• rwong

congrats on wednesday words!! this is absolutely amazing

Wow, this is incredible! It feels immortal, like it could survive five hundred years and still feel fresh and beautiful.

Congrats!! Amazing piece :)

• Starlitskies

This is beautifully intriguing! I love how you play with alliteration in the first two lines and the imagery throughout the poem. Congrats on Wednesday Words!

• Yellow Sweater

This is lovely. You captured the feeling so well. "they feel far and wild and loud" Wow!