anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

It's easier to read the footnotes, but I'll give you a quick rundown here:
hiatus, indefinite, at least for this week
thank you all so much! this piece was dedicated to thanking the #holidayvibes participants. sorry if i missed you! these are just the people i have written down.
four taylor swift references besides the lyrics from "marjorie"
taking a breath and a break
remember what the holidays are really about. <3

#holidayvibes & gratitude (FOOTNOTES!)

18
"never be so kind / you forget to be clever / never be so clever / you forget to be kind /... / never be so polite / you forget your power / never wield such power / you forget to be polite"

i want to build
not tear down
i want to form bonds
not dissolve them with discord and pettiness
i want to join hands
not push them away
i want to hear you
not dismiss your voice
i want to empathize
not pity and look away
i want to do something
but i don't know what.
both of these statements can be true
that always seems to happen
i want to express my gratitude
and this is the best way i know how. 

i want to thank you for being people
i can count on
others might count us out time and time again
but we won't
remember this
it is never too late to come back here
thank you for being people
that i want to know better
thank you for being people
who build a spirit of community 
we may bend like a willow to the winds of change
but we shall never break.

this holiday season has so many lovely things and people to thank
people and things and concepts and places that touch each other's lives
irrevocably
such as
hot cocoa and pines and
peppermint hot chocolate and
wreathwriter and
wintermagic and
WIlliamtheChristmasElf and
AmandaWritesRandolphTheRedNosedSeahorse and
Sweaters & Slippers and
Rudolph's Defender and
Lights.B and
mindfruitcake and
angels, auroras, and sad prose and
rosy cheeks and
Blanketed.Beee and
Just_Those_Christmas_Memories and
mistletoe3.14159 and
WinterWolf and
Brrr Kitten and
Nathaniel G. WInters and
joyful.scribbles and
verrymerrybear and
Christmas trees & memories and
Kit-Kat Stockings and
V-Poinsettia 

i sit and muse... would the holiday season be complete without such camaraderie, such community, such spirit? 
this place feels no less tangible than my own home
i think 
it is
the love.
*Don't skip these! I've got some announcements.* 
First... I really do mean what I said in this piece. Thank you. It is love that makes Write the World go 'round.
Second... I'm going on hiatus for an indefinite period of time. It might be a few days; it might be a few weeks. At the very least, I will not be active on here until 12.19.20. (Finals week.) I've fallen behind on replying, and I realized: I just didn't have the drive to open all those comments and tabs, even though I love talking to all of you. Even though I've enjoyed our discussions immensely. You understand. So to those who I promised a longer reply once I had time, I'm sorry. It's not happening. I may still check WtW from time to time, but I'm not going to prioritize trying to figure out what the publish and living for likes and constantly replying. I may have more time this Christmas break, but I think I want to spend that on revising and writing just for me, or maybe catching up with my Writer Gang. 
Third... obviously, this means I won't be publishing any of those plans I mentioned a few pieces back. (I said I was mulling over a few ideas in my head.) I may work on them for fun, but I'm not going to be putting them on WtW for a while. It was freeing to actually decide to take a break. 
Fourth... works cited: Taylor Swift. "marjorie." evermore, Republic Records, 2020. 
did you catch the other references? i admit, i went back and inserted a couple more. besides the cited lyrics from "marjorie," there are four that i deliberately put in.
Fifth... in case WtW asks me to change the links in the piece, here they all are so I can just revise that piece if necessary (I will do that on my hiatus. Just nothing new.)
much thanks to:
hot cocoa and pines and
peppermint hot chocolate and
wreathwriter and
wintermagic and
WIlliamtheChristmasElf and
AmandaWritesRandolphTheRedNosedSeahorse and
Sweaters & Slippers and
Rudolph's Defender and
Lights.B and
mindfruitcake and
angels, auroras, and sad prose and
rosy cheeks and
Blanketed.Beee and
Just_Those_Christmas_Memories and
mistletoe3.14159 and
WinterWolf and
Brrr Kitten and
Nathaniel G. WInters and
joyful.scribbles and
verrymerrybear and
Christmas trees & memories and
Kit-Kat Stockings and
V-Poinsettia 

• Tushar Mandhan

re- 'both of these statements can be true' ahh...*'happiness' plays in background* it's such a sweet piece. 'i want to join hands//not push them away' this such a beautiful line!!
    Also i feel she might change some lyrics, it is possible too. like she changed in 'picture to burn.' i certainly think that she will definitely alter some of the lyrics of 'better than revenge'. and yes her pronunciation, her southern accent?! People tend to get influenced in love.....i won't be surprised if we get to hear a bit.....a little bit....influence of english accent.....maybe in 'london boy' and technically accents r just fonts for verbal language. And i pray we get to hear full version of 'all too well'

• Tushar Mandhan

it would be late but.....Happy New year!!!

This is so sweet, and I love all the names people thought up for your holiday thing.
    Re: Oh boy, well, I don't exactly have a back cover thing ready cause the book is still in the very early stages but here's a try:

The Gardners of Butter County grow up in the lush Pennsylvania countryside, living, learning, and loving amidst their neighbors—like the gun-crazy Mr. Spillett, or Lillian Billings, the parson's daughter and local flirt. However, in the end the Gardners find their neighbors and the townsfolk in their little village of Charity might be more than most people have...especially amidst the turmoil of the Great War and the Spanish Influenza of 1918.

Re: Thank you!!

Hey y’all
    I’m sort of back
    Not quite
    But I’ve been sneaking around on here
    Most people won’t see this but yeah
    Still semi-incognito
    Not posting anything
    Pretty busy with life
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, LOVE, AND KIND WORDS!

Chapter 25 for Traitors and Rebels is out!

• sci-Fi

Re: ha thanks. I'm Yours is actually by Alessia Cara, but I'e head the Jason Mraz version and ur right it's perfect. I love that song.
    Huh u have a cool music taste. VERY different from mine tho XD

hey erin! i know you're on hiatus (as you should be) because wtw can be overwhelming and sometimes you just need time and stufffff well just wanted to say hi and wish you a merry Christmas as it's Christmas eve todayyyy. (altho could be tomorrow? sorry i don't celebrate so maybe the eve part is on the night of Christmas day? no, i'm pretty sure it's today... let me look it up..... hi i'm back yep it's todayyyyy!) and s plz enjoy that! also i misss you and our lively conversations and your support and kindness and all that jazz. not saying you should come back, no totallllly do what's best for you and takeeee all the time you needed.... i am so happy u r taking care of yourself and all. this is all just to say i guess i'm thinking about you and willllll be so happy when you decide to grace us with your presecene again whether in four days or three years i will always be here waiting for you and the marvelous being of a human you are! okay. take care, dear! keep writing, keep being, know i'm thinking of you!
    <3<3<3

• sci-Fi

We'll miss u!!! Come back soon <3

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I'll miss you but I understand why you are taking a break. I'll see you soon hopefully. Thank you for your shoutout! :)

• ava09 (sorta back)

THE REFERENCESSS!!! i love you they're brilliant XD. the lyrics for marjorie (and all the songs let's be real) are SO GOOD and profound and it's just amazing!! all the names are fabulous - thank you so much for giving this idea to do this!! it's been a really fun way to get in the holiday spirit. :) hope your finals went well. <333
    replying: i know you're on hiatus still (i think?) and i kinda took one too lol - you honestly described in your footnotes how i've been feeling perfectly: "I realized: I just didn't have the drive to open all those comments and tabs, even though I love talking to all of you. Even though I've enjoyed our discussions immensely."
    soooo now i'm sorta back ish - i'm replying to stuff rn but idk if i'll post anything haha.
    and ikkkkkkkk i literally LOVE evermore so so so so so much i've been binge listening since it came out XD. i totally related to only having thoughts about evermore hahaha. yeah i get that; i'd support you wherever you do (or don't XD) send it! yeah, it's nice to be able to write when your feeling go crazy (i love how you put that!).
    never grow up was my first intro i think - i love the best day sooo much too. they're all incredible XD.
    thanks for your comment on my maradona piece. <3 i have not heard that song i don't think, so i will go listen right now!
    i think he went on a hiatus and decided to take down most/all of his pieces. i was surprised too - i think he's doing better (haven't checking in with him in awhile though).
    now lyrics because i can't help myself XD
    "one for the money, two for the show/i never was ready so i watched you go/sometimes you just don't know the answer/til someone gets on their knees and asks you"
    "este, wasn't there/tuesday night at olive garden at her job or anywhere/he reports his missing wife/and i noticed when i passed his house his truck has got some brand new tires"
    "sleep in half the day just for old time's sake/i won't ask you to wait if you don't ask me to stay/so i'll go back to la and the so called friends/who'll write books about me if i ever make it/and wonder about the only soul who can tell which smiles i'm fakin'/and the heart i know i'm breakin' is my own"
    "hey dorothea/do you ever stop and think about me/when we were younger/down in the park/making a lark of the misery"
    not expecting any sort of long response love. <3 happy holidays!!

• Just_A_Memory

OO! Look at all those fun names! <3 Can't wait for you to come back!

Hurry up! Christmas is upon us and you as an elf have to make sure the presents are up to code. Head to your work station!

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

re: kewl my dude - going incognito i see?

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

*just so ya know, i'm finally finishing The Other Son - so...yeee..

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

re: pppppst, okay, gotcha :)
    just so ya know,

im seeing this late (i guess i was on my own hiatus haha) but i hope you are doing well <3 taking a break is a good thing. I hope your finals went well--i know they can get really stressful <3

These names were absolutely genius.

And take your time on the hiatus! I was supposed to go on one (Finals week too), but I learnt that I cannot for the life of me stay away from this place, hence why I'm not posting much, just liking.

We'll be waiting when you come back!

• Rohan’s Defender

This piece is stunning and gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for the shoutout!
    Okay, so: first off, you are amazing and I love talking with you. I will really miss you, we all will. But if you think a break will do you good, then we wish you all the best days and we hope to hear from you again soon! I second Anne: we will definitely welcome you back with open arms. Until then, live every moment with joy, and smile your best smile, friend! <33333333

• rwong

best of luck on your finals!! <3 <3 oh and if i miss you on Christmas, merry (happy??) early Christmas!! (sorry it sounds weird to say "merry early christmas" but "happy early christmas" doesn't sound too good either... XD) sending all my love and hugs and doggo kisses <3 can't wait for you to come back -- we're all here for you <3

First of all, this piece is absolutely lovely. Second, I hope you enjoy your hiatus and have a blessed Christmas. We'll welcome you back with open arms.

• Future Pseudonym

Good luck on your finals ambedo <33 I'm seeing a lot of people doing this poem listing off friends from WtW-- starting to get inspired imo. Anywho, much love and don't worry about replies, we're all introverts here anyways

hope your time off goes well! i totally understand-- it's a lot replying to comments and all. i hope you have a marvelous finals week (haha! meaning that i hope you do well!), winter break, and Christmas. i'll be waiting for you when you decide it's time to come back!
    <3<3<3

• ~madeline~

We're gonna miss you!! But take as long as you need. Honestly I just take unannounced hiatus's all the time so you're beating me there. :)

• Busssy.Beee

take as long as you need, we'll be here for your return! and hope you do well on finals!! lots and lots of pots and pots (winnie the pooh) of love!! <3333

• ~ carolina ~ {formerly rosi willard}

Yee dude, take a break. breaks are important. ;D

• Rose A(hiatus)

Loved this. And thank you for mentioning me! Your username challenges are always super fun! You take all the breaks you need, and don't come back until your done(unless you want to, but remember to take care of yourself!) Happy early Christmas in case I don't talk to you for a bit!