Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
Ruth/Star
14
Girl
Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Writer/Poet (duh)
Equestrian
Singer
Pianist
Warrior Cats 4 Life ♡
Beach Lover ^^
Learning le Français ~u~
Want a review? Just ask!

Hope you like my drabble! ^_^

The Countdown

PROMPT: The Drabble

5
30 seconds.

That's how long she had. Her fingers fumbled desperately at the latch on the door, but she finally managed to push the pick into the lock, and she was in.

20 seconds.

She pulled out her portable scissors and snipped through the wires.

15 seconds.

She pried open the small box. Inside, was a red button.

5 seconds.

She pressed it.

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep.

Nothing happened.
"Well done Agent 3I0, mission complete. Return to base immediately."
She nodded and turned for the door.
Only to see herself surrounded by men holding guns.
"Hands up!"
She smiled.

• Wisp

Replying: Thank you so much! That's so sweet of you and you definitely brought a smile on my face today!

• Wisp

Hi! I just wanted to personally extend my gratitude to you for being one of my 110 followers. You have no idea how much it has helped me grow as a writer and how much it means to me. Your support and encouragement has meant so much and I am so thankful to you for that. It was just a click of a button to you, but gosh did it mean the world to me. I've cherished all the support you've given me, all the kindness you have shown me, all the smiles you've given me. It means so much, and truly, thank you so much.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions send them my way!)

• Wisp

The time pressure just adds this whole other vibe to the piece and that is just brilliant! It really helps the piece flow so beautifully and it creates such an amazing image here. You've created such an intense environment and atmosphere and story line plot in such a short piece and it comes across so well. Sometimes in short pieces it's hard to get across all that you want, but you do that so well here and it still retains such a vibrancy and movement in this story. That twist at the end just leaves the reader wanting more and I absolutely adore that. Your use of not only time pressure, but sounds of machines to helps to move the piece beautifully and it's just brilliant how you've crafted this. Absolutely stunning!

Re: Hey, Ruth! I think it's deliciously ironic.

• AliMuscles04

AAHHH so cool!!!!!!