Anne Blackwood

17
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Update 12/28/2020: Here's the link to my performance of this spoken word piece. I hope you like it. ^u^
https://youtu.be/GFsD8q4RdiQ

To the Young: Concerning the Old (link to performance in message board)

17

we demand an apology from those who came before, shaking our misery at them with war-torn eyes. the pieces they gave us are whirlwinds of responsibility, and condemnation is second-nature as we reflect dread off of our trembling shoulders. but what if we stopped pointing our fingers? what if we opened our arms and said "thank you. thank you for being here first. my heart may be broken, but you gave it a place to land."
    ancestors are a mystery and family is a secret, but remember that they walked this earth first and decided to change it. molding legacies out of newspapers only to give them away, they have allowed us to hold a living thing when it begs for a new version of hope.
    sometimes they stand firm in their stories, hands stiff from clutching their dreams to their chests. we grab at the steering wheel that was entrusted to them and turn it into a carnival. stars fly around our heads and we fasten them to our eyes, and it's no wonder the steadfast are afraid of change when it burns so brightly.
    think of these things as you take on the world, for while it is ever-changing, it has been paved with the heartbeats of our mothers and fathers. they are the wise ones and the base coat of this life; they are the past that lives on into our present. the future belongs to us until we hold it no more, so view it with your sight, and carry it with their light.
Sarah Kay inspired this spoken-word piece. I might record it someday.

• Starlitskies

Re: I was so transfixed by this piece, I forgot to thank you for your lovely comment! *facepalms* So thank you! :D

• Dmoral

re:
    you're unyielding support of not only my writing but me for--idk even know how long but pretty much since you joined--has definitely been one of my highlights of 2020. you're amazing BW, remember that.

also, spoken word pieces HIT. so i say, yay!

p.s
    ik you'll read this comment to your Twin soon enough, tell'em I said "hi" lol

• Starlitskies

Woah! More ppl need to read this!!!! I've never thought about it like this, but thank you for helping me see! :)
    ""thank you. thank you for being here first. my heart may be broken, but you gave it a place to land."" This is so beautiful!
    "it's no wonder the steadfast are afraid of change when it burns so brightly. " This is so nice! I can picture bright stars flying around. It's my favourite sentence.
    And your reading was stunning. It's nice to finally put a face to the name, and I must say, you're really pretty! <3

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

still incognito but in love with this, going to watch recording. incomprehensibly important.

• ~madeline~

Re; yep I'm recovering from finals pretty well. Ive never thought about that like the stress they our you under is like... Grrrrrr. And thanks!! I'm so glad you liked it. Ps. I watched the recording... Gorgeous *chefs kiss* I loved it.

ugh this is so great. beautiful piece, and stunning reading :D

such a beautiful piece,Anne. and a great spoken word piece<3

• ~madeline~

This is so powerful and beautiful and lovely and i can't even... *deep breaths*. I'm gonna go get my headphones and watch the performance :)
    re: Thank you so much :)
    Also Anne, how have you been doing? I've been a little MIA recently with finals and the holidays and stuff so I haven't talked to you recently. :)

re: I answered how I naturally act every day. I can't remember what my second was, but I also figured I would be choleric. It kinda depends though depending on the situation. When pushed hard enough I can definitely be super determined and rebellious if I see stuff going on that I really hate or if someone is trying to make me do something I know is wrong or I don't agree with. Usually I'm pretty low-key though and chill at home, so I just answered for what I feel and behave the majority of the time. I guess if I was in a survival situation I would probably turn choleric though; sometimes it comes out under stress. : )

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: :) absolutely.

this. is. so. powerful.
    i came here to tell you that part 6 for On The High Seas is out, but this is so good and wow....really well written/spoken

here's the link to the next part for OTHS

"ancestors are a mystery and family is a secret, but remember that they walked this earth first and decided to change it. " I never thought of it like that. Wow I actually really like the way you wrote this!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

WhdnsibsndjhdbdjifdundguebuzbevjdudgenkdjebdjirbbekzifhbdudhkxurbdbkrubihhfygwbdhgxgggtztzfkudfyugohdojrihdihyryducgDYYLXKGXJTDJTSDKTXKTXOTCYODITSTISITSOYXOYXYLCLYCLYCLHCHLCYLXLYXOYCFLYKFTDTKURSUSESJRXKGGKGLGTOFFJFKDJDTJTKFGYFKTKXRIOTKTKDTFKFKTXKKTKTTKDTDKTTOTKDTOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *speechless* Wow. I...... I kinda hate not being able to explain to you how amazing this is, because someone needs to tell you that. But I don’t know that I can do it justice. So we will have to settle for *ROARING applause* *insert heart eyes* *insert fainting from the perfectness* RECORD THISSSSAS

I love how this actually reminds everyone that our parents deserve respect, that they were young once too and because of them we have so much in this world. It's a really refreshing piece.

• nopenopenope

PLEASE RECORD THIS