buddingauthor

15 years old and obsessed with Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes (both books and series), and Divergent.
Please suggest any, absolutely anyyy good book you've read, Ill try and get on board!

Figuring it Out!

5
As the Figures of Speech come back from the vacations after examinations, they prepare to enter their home- the English book. But something goes wrong, and well, they enter the wrong book…
Imagery: Here we are, into the unknown. Suddenly, the confusion hits- why are we into the unknown? The spirit dampens-
Oxymoron: Yeah, yeah Imagery we get it- we had to go to the English book, instead we came crash landing here- the Hindi Book. Good grief! Get us out of here!!
Hyperbole: This is the worst day of my life! Those poor English books die without us!
Simile: Yes! Those poor books must be as lonely as a deserted ship.
Alliteration: What will they do without us?
Rhetoric: You do know that you are not the center of the world, right Al?
Alliteration: Rhetoric rises to the occasion to add something irrelevant without any rhyme or reason yet again!
Rhetoric: Oh, will you shut up already?
Oxymoron: Okay my dear wise fools, can you stop talking so fondly with one another and find a way to get us out of here?
Anaphora: Wait! Wait a minute, guys!
Onomatopoeia: Huh?
Anaphora: What if we don’t go back for a while? What if we stay and explore a bit while these humans finally realize our importance?
Alliteration: Anna makes an amazing argument! Al agrees!
Rhetoric: Hmm, when Anna says it, it does seem like a good point, doesn’t it?
Oxymoron: Huh, who thought I’ll enjoy being alone together with you guys?
Hyperbole: I bet they won’t be able to live a second without us. How will they express the millions of phrases they use every single day? You fell in front of the whole class and it’s the “worst day of your life”? Well, find something else to say, because I’m sitting here!
Oxymoron: Oh, I am desperate to see the sad smiles all over their faces. They’ll finally start respecting us now!
*Hindi Grammar approaching*
Hindi: Aap log kaun hain?
Alliteration: Wait, what?
Hindi: Yeh humari kitab hai. Aap yahan kya kar rahe hain?
Rhetoric: Guys? Hello? Wait, you’re already running away, aren’t you?
Aap log kaun hain?- Who are you?
Yeh humari kitab hai. Aap yahan kya kar rahe hain?- This is our book. What are you doing here?

• December 17, 2020 - 1:02am (Now Viewing)

Omg haha i love this!!

• AliMuscles04

I saw "Figures of Speech" and *figuratively* pooped my pants. I don't know them :)

XD i adored this. clever!!

• Starlitskies

Haha! I enjoyed reading this so much!!! Just fun and omg soooo creative!!! And you nailed the title with the pun! :D