ANSON REYNOLDS

heyyy
life is lovely and so are you.
-
15
super awesome
oldest sister
showing off bad dance moves in (the best state ever) Indiana
-
you are beautiful
you are enough
-
6.3.20

<3

a plethora of ways to (nicely) say dead

11
not alive
in a better place
dreamless sleep
long vacation
rejoining the circle of life

sometimes I just want to say that I will never eat Mom Mom's sugar cookies with overly sweet icing again. I will have all my sleepovers in peace—no need to worry about a ninety-year-old woman poking her head in to check on her granddaughter and her best friend. I'll explain how seeing someone old hold a giggling red-haired baby made me feel, to put it as stephen chbosk does, infinite.
    when I need to figure out why I feel sad even though I never really knew Great Gram James, I guess I could say she was family. but it's more about how she sent us slides and swings in the mail because she believed children should be outside, and how every christmas eve there was a present from her to be opened, even though all other presents were strictly off limits till morning, and how she lived on dartmouth's campus and pointed me in the direction of the best libraries and book stores. because she was a pilot. and now, I will never get to hear her stories told in the first person.

there are a plethora of ways to comfort someone who doesn't really know why they're crying.

tell them that you have the recipe to make more cookies. and you can reenact the best sleepovers. and someone has to cradle that baby, so sweep it up and whisper stories about the adventurer that used to hold her.
    tell them to use the equipment they gave you, and to light a candle for her every christmas eve. remind them that she was a pilot, and you could be one too. or not. it didn't matter to her, just chase your dreams till the clouds look like pebbles beneath your feet.

even though a hundred flavors of tears to shed, there's a thousand ways to bake a cookie.

there are a plethora of ways to remember.
stephen chbosk reference is from the perks of being a wallflower. all credit to him for the (amazing)nuances he has given the word infinite.

• tas (yellowbrickrd)

this is incredibly beautiful. sweeping and gliding, holding sadness and joy. I love the line: 'just chase your dreams till the clouds look like pebbles beneath your feet.' I felt this way too last year when my great aunt died and it's weird because even though I never really knew her it just feels like one less person to talk to, one less mind to share wisdom. anyway, I hope you're alright and keep venting through writing because it gives so much. i love having carefully written mental breakdowns and reading them, because the emotion is so near the surface. lovely piece and I love your profile pic!

• lochnessie

this made me cry uncontrollably
    it's really good

• A blind (young) man

The way you wrote this honestly made me sad and happy at the same, I love how you describe the qualities of your great Gram James, and how you'll remember her. And the quotable lines throughout! My favorite has got to be " there are a plethora of ways to comfort someone who doesn't really know why they're crying." and " it didn't matter to her, just chase your dreams till the clouds look like pebbles beneath your feet." I can't decide.
    Re. Thanks for the awesome comment. :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much for the comments!!!!! They mean a lot to me! I’m so happy you liked them! <33333

Re: haha thank you soo much for your kind comment :)

• Just_A_Memory

"even though a hundred flavors of tears to shed, there's a thousand ways to bake a cookie." Oh my gosh

Sleigh bells ring, and horse hooves click. Your magical ride awaits! To chapter seven we go, over the hills and through the beautiful, fresh laid snow <3

• Starlitskies

"just chase your dreams till the clouds look like pebbles beneath your feet." I'm gonna remember this. <3