Lilyaa

Low key kinda gay
Low key got some issues
High key thriving
Not a great writer but yet I somehow ended up here

not me exposing myself

Six words to describe my year *footnotes!*

17
Frail bones, frail mind, frail heart

I haven't posted in a while but I was inspired by abby.a's piece six words to sum up ten months and wanted to make my own version. If you haven't already, check her out she's amazing!

Anyways, this year has been kind of rough for me. At the begging of 2020 I was in a really bad place mentally and was  struggling with an ED. In february I went to an inpatient place, left doing no better than before, and ended up back in inpatient in August. The second time I went was one of the hardest things I've gone through but now a couple months later I can honestly say that I feel better than I have in years, even if that's not saying much. While i'm definitely still struggling, I no longer feel as trapped in my mind and body. So if anyone out there is struggling with similar stuff, know that things can get better. I know everyone says that and everyone says that everyone says that but I is actually true and it all starts with asking for help and not giving up. I don't know if this will resonate with anyone but if it does, know you are not alone. 

Again check out abby.a! She says stuff like this why better than I can!

• December 14, 2020 - 11:46am (Now Viewing)

for you, because i couldn't bear to forget you, stanza 10; to thank you for being my friend through it all :) i love you, dear

• A. Penderwick

Aww, this was such a sweet and sad and powerful piece. Amazing job! I'm really sorry that you had to go through this, but I'm glad you're doing better now.

Wow- this was really strong- the repetition of frail really adds that much more punch! Now responding to footnote: You are so incredibly strong for getting through that! And thank you so much for sharing- I really hope that you never have to go through that again because it is absolutely terrible. I'm always here to talk :)

• SamRose

Sums it up perfectly! :)

• BriRiley

Oh yes! I can relate! I felt like my days and weeks had no backbone! I really like this!

• psithurism

re: Aww thanks dude, but I will her none of that self depreciation! You are amazing!

re: dude that still blows my mind that you can't visualize stuff... o-O it's weird, but cool! unique! :) love you, dude. glad you liked my poem ;)

• pyrrhic

i'm not crying YOU ARE. dude i'm literally so proud of you. over the past few years our relationship has grown and changed so much, and i can tell just through the tone of which you speak the difference in your mental health. our dynamic is so much healthier, and it's largely attributed to you. i'm so lucky to be able to call you my best friend, by girlfriend. i sure won the friend lottery with this one ;)
    but in all realness, you inspire me every single day to continue working on myself and my mental health. it's incredibly difficult, but you do it with a grace and strength that i admire. i love you so much, and i couldn't be prouder <33

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Love this!

• resident philocalist

my best friend of many years, i am so proud of you. you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you in a better place. i was so worried about you before and i am so so SO proud of you! i know it can't be easy to begin the long recovery process, but i am so glad to see you doing better. I love you more than words can express and i am always here for you. <3

• psithurism

Ahhh dude I'm so proud of you! You've come so far from where you used to be and I want to let you know I'll be there to support you for every step to come! <333 ilysm darling!

dUDE okay first of all the 6-word memoir is really beautiful and moving... i love it. also, reading the footnotes just filled my heart with happiness at the fact that you've been doing a lot better! i love you so much and i admire your strength <333 you mean so much to me, you really do. i want you to be happy :) i love you so so so so so much <3333 :)