V-Rose

15
Proud Catholic
House Augustine!
Writer/Reader
Coffee Addict
Lioness

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

Queen of the zombies
Ruler of the apocalyptic world
Slightly obsessed with dragons

Rohan's Defender's twin/cousin/sister/cognate

PROMPT BELOW!
If you find inspiration with this, let me know. I would love to see what you guys do.
Prompt:

Half the names on the list had already been crossed off.

Check out Rohan's Defender and Coolgirl! Honestly, these are some of the most awesome people ever! And they write beautifully! Also, books4life is working on an HG fanfic and you NEED to go read it!

Also, if you need someone to rant to... I'm right here, ready to listen. And if you ever need someone to do a review, I'm here. And if you need a hug, I've got a few of those, too.

LMK if you'd like to be updated on any of my series.

Moonburn

19
She hissed in pain but tried not to move. Caylum dabbed the herbal ointment onto her arm, coating the button-sized blisters that covered it.
    "What did I tell you, Nesryn?" he demanded. "You have to be careful."
    Nesryn inspected the blistering, blue-tinted skin of her arm. The moonburn traveled from her wrist to her shoulder and it was icy cold to the touch.
    "It was a new moon. I didn't realize the stars could burn, too."
    Caylum sighed. "It's your skin, Nes."
    He covered the top of the ointment and handed it to her. "Apply it every night." He glared at her, waiting to make sure she would. When she nodded, his face softened. "No more night adventures, Nesryn. You could die."
   Nesryn's arm throbbed in answer. "I know but something's calling me, Caylum."
    "Ignore it."
She threw up her uninjured arm. "I can't."
    He shrugged. "Fine. But be careful."
    She smiled through the pain of her burn. "I will. You coming home for dinner tomorrow? Mom's expecting you."
    He nodded. "I wouldn't miss it for the world."
    She smiled wider and picked up a piece of her dress. Taking the deep blue fabric in on hand, she twirled quickly and disappeared. Only a cold breeze remained where she'd once been.
    Nesryn stumbled as she appeared in her room. She's landed halfway on a stuffed owl. She scowled and changed into an oversized sweatshirt and jeans. The fabric rubbed against the burn and she winced, but she couldn't let her parents know about the moonburn. Only her brother knew.
    She slipped out of her room and into the small kitchen. She set some water to boil for tea and took aspirin for the steadily growing pain in her arm.
    Despite the burns, she found her eyes drawn to the window where stars glowed in the midnight sky. Each star twinked, daring her to dance with the night. She stepped back, hitting the counter. She couldn't dance with them. She felt her breath quickening and the wind found its way in and her black hair danced around her face.
    Someone was calling her name.
    Nesryn, the wind whispered.
    Nesryn, the stars called.
    Nesryn.
    The last voice was unfamiliar and desperate but it was what made her want to run headlong into the night.
    She resisted, gripping the counter behind her. She wasn't sure how long the cries lasted, but when they faded away, she slumped to the floor.
    She took slow, deep breaths until she felt steady. Her arm pounded in unison with her racing heart. She took a final deep breath and shivered traveled up and down, from her feet to her head.
    She checked the water but it was cold, and the sun was peeking up over the horizon. She glanced at it and breathed a sigh of relief. She stumbled back to her room. She wasn't going to change so she just shoved her feet into tennis shoes.
    She could hear her parents getting up so she grabbed her backpack and raced into the kitchen. She grabbed an apple and left the house before her parents even entered the kitchen. She made it to her bus stop a few minutes and she shivered in the cool, fall air.
    Nesryn, the voice cried.
    She glanced around but there was no one. A few seconds later, the bus came rattling down the road, going up and down over the bunps. It stopped in front of her, and she glanced around again before bounding up the steps.
So, this is what happens when i get bored in class. Please let me know what you think.

I reviewed! OHMYGOSH YOU'RE MAKING IT A SERIES? YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! I legit wrote in my review that I wanted you to make it a series lmaooo

This was awesome!! The descriptions and pacing of the story made it a very enjoyable read! I just left a review :)

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

Just reviewed! :)

• Zirong

re: thank u so much! Have a nice day :D

• books4life

OMG YOU ARE TURNING IT INTO A SERIES???? I AM HERE FOR IT DARLING!!!! also would love your thoughts on my last two chapters of zeus' eagle you are the best! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow, I’m so excited for when you turn this into a series!!!!!!

• Zirong

Omg this is so intriguing and I’d love to read much much more!!!

Also, I see from the comments that this was first published around two months ago — do u mind me asking how to republish a piece without losing all the likes and comments? (I’ve been trying to figure that out for a long time XD) Thank you so much!

• Halopoet

Re: haha! Yes ofcourse. How are your twelve days going? I spent my winters reading this book called Christmas days twelve short stories for twelve days of Christmas. Quite cool.

• books4life

ok so i'm still obsessed with this. that's all. re: hahaha! i'm glad :)

umm this is beautiful. if you ever continue this i would love to read more cause this is really good!!! the descriptions alone are amazing--also the names!! Im already in love with them XD

also, i am so sorry i never saw/replied to your comment on part 5 for On the High Seas. Part 6 is out rn (ill link it below) but i wanted to reply to you.
    the reason for their split is coming. it may be confusing but i wanted one piece to be built up until the "reveal" at the end. like how i eluded to colborne as the enemy for a few parts until the reason why...etc. etc.

I hope you enjoy the next part!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you!!! :)

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Happy Birthday!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: :) :) I’m glad it made your day a bit brighter. I hope you’re having a fabulous b-day!!!
    And AliMuscles said happy birthday too!

• books4life

MAKE THIS A SERIES!!! I WOULD READ THE HECK OUT OF IT BECAUSE YOU ARE A FREAKING AMAZING AUTHOR AND WRITE FANTASTIC STUFFFFF!!!!!! :) it's *chef kiss*. also happy birthday!!!!! :D

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Heyo! Beth r asked me to tell you happy b-day! :)

• Rose A

I also came by to wish you a happy birthday!
    So... HAPPY B-DAY!!

I hear that it's your birthday, so have a great one!!!

• Rose A

I *clap* AGREE *clap* WITH *clap* Future Pseudonym!! This would be an awesome series! Seriously, this was awesome. :)

• Future Pseudonym

MAKE *clap* THIS *clap* INTO *clap* A *clap* SERIES

• Halopoet

hi there! another chapter is out!

Oh my gosh, this is incredible! So immersive.

• BriRiley

I really enjoyed this! I hope you write more of it! :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

I think I need you to be bored in class more often!! XD Kidding (kind of), but anyway this is SPECTACULAR! I think it’s one of your most fascinating pieces, my friend. I would LOVE to read more of this tale....