Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Good luck trying to critique this monstrosity. You might need to eat some soup beforehand.

mumble swamp

15

soup brain / soup veins / thick and uncompromising / clogging up my thought process / and i live in a world / with broth for air / i need to escape this atmosphere / let me breathe in the emptiness of space / poke a hole in my exoskeleton / drain the lukewarm stickiness / from my bloodstream / i suppose that would pollute the cosmos / a galactic oil spill that tastes of lentils / but the universe can handle girl-sized waste / better than i can
Approximately all of this is completely incoherent because that's exactly how everything feels right now. Please don't pity me. I just feel like soup and there's some humor somewhere in there.

• Starlitskies

Re: Thank you for all the recommendations! They're definitely going on my reading list! Oooh I've read some of Emily Dickinson's work and I must agree "Hope is the thing with feathers" is wonderful!
    And also, I finally wrote a poem and I'd love your feedback on it.
    P.S. - I see you've published some pieces lately. Awfully tired rn, but I'll be back to read them tomorrow. :)

I like how you can capture a feeling with metaphors. I'm always amazed by your ability to use that literary device.

• Starlitskies

Re: Thank you! <3 I'm gonna go check out poetri's piece. Do you have any recommendations for poets I should read? Especially contemporary poets?

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hi, Blue! How are you today?

• Starlitskies

This is soup-ily brilliant! I absolutely LOVE your metaphors! <3
    Re: Replying to both your comments, I'm definitely going to read your comp pieces. I'm sure they're wonderful! And yes! A girl can dream! :D
    Also, could you help me out a little? I've been writing a lot of poetry lately. And I realised that I really suck at line breaks. I don't quite understand where to break them, I mean there's places that will amplify your meaning, right? So I just stick to poetic prose, but that's not the same thing. Would really appreciate it if you could give me some pointers. Thanks! :)

Agreed, agreed! Feeling the same way. It truly is a pain to feel like soup :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you so much!!!!! I’m so happy you liked it! :)

• doodleninja

re: ahaha thanks! glad you like some messy icing too :)

• doodleninja

"but the universe can handle girl-sized waste / better than I can" I love that XD love all the soup-related words too :)

wait— but now you've started something.now im going to start saying i feel like soup. hmmm what a good way to express how you feel:)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aw, thanks! And yes, they are cool names!! And haha, it’s okay about the grammar! XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

BTW, it actually means so much to me that you looked up the name and even noticed it was Hebrew!!! <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: thank you and thank you!
    Yeah, most of my recent poems are also about Yadid, but I just didn’t have a name to use. I’m sure you’ll hear more about him as I continue to write sad poetry *sigh*

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: and thank you! Well, it’s just been a long day, I’ve got a lot in my mind, and I’ve had too much gingerbread house icing, lol.....

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: aww, thank you!! So, yes I chose the name to represent a guy. I looked through a baby name book to find one I thought represented him.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

I feel a bit like soup tonight too, in fact.....

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: haha, I meant it as a compliment! ;)

• almost flora kane

this is amazing and so relatable, actually. i think i'm going to start recognizing that i feel like soup more often now:P i especially like the title! re: how are we actually the same person? those lines that i wrote about fifth grade were completely true, it's so crazy to think i wasn't alone in that lol. hope you're doing well <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wow..... I am speechless.