NothingsEverGoodEnough

He/him
14 years old
Aspiring Marine biologist and author
joined September 2020
If you really like my work and show some talent yourself, I will add you to my shout out list!
Latest addition to the shout out list: DoodleNinja!

"You are gonna get judged about anything you do now. Accept who you are and keep moving forward." - Iann Dior

Hey readers and writers! My name's Nathan, and I am currently living in Fairfield, Connecticut, United States. I enjoy playing tons of sports, reading some good stories, writing stories of my own, and studying to become a marine biologist. I humbly ask you guys to read some of my pieces, and if you do I will try to read your work and give comments.If you want a review from me, just ask!
I recommend checking out wintermagic. She has some really good pieces and loves to give reviews. Make sure to check out ThunderBird(my twin brother IRL), Rohan's Defender, Ash DoodleNinja, and Stone of Jade. They are really talented writers!

Untitled (please leave title ideas in the comments)

3
Being afraid is being human.
Being afraid is natural.
I can remember the first time I truly felt afraid.
My brother had an issue with his leg and had to go to the hospital.
You might be saying, oh, that’s not so bad, he’ll recover.
But that’s not the worst thing that happened that day.
Not by a long shot.
As they were driving to the hospital, my mom lost her wallet.
She called my dad in the car as we were driving home from our grandparents house,
Where we had stayed for the weekend as a family.
That was where Tyler got hurt.
 As soon as the call was patched through, I could hear the fear and sadness in my mom's voice as she told my dad she had lost her wallet and they were looking for it as they spoke.
As the call ended, there was silence in the car for 15 minutes.
Then, I couldn’t take it anymore. I started to cry.
I bawled for 10 minutes straight because my brother, my best friend, my everything, wouldn’t get the care he deserved and would be hurt for a while, if not forever.
But, something was on our side that day.
My mom called, about a half hour later, and said that she had miraculously found her wallet on the on-ramp to the highway.
I had never been so relieved.
My brother went to the hospital and got diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatters disease in his right knee.
Luckily, he did not need surgery.
He only needed a brace for his knee and maybe a month or 2 of physical therapy to regain the strength to play sports in his atrophied muscles.
He has made a full recovery.
Being afraid isn’t unnatural.
It is what makes us human.
It is also what gives us the controversy that makes us take those jumps and leaps of faith.
Fear will happen.
It’s just how you face it that matters.

• December 11, 2020 - 9:55am (Now Viewing)

• doodleninja

that is an absolute miracle! love this piece and the message at the end :)

also...in case you don't know...to reply to someone elses comment you have to do it on THEIR piece. i see you replied on your own piece to Ash, but they wont see it bc they don't get the notification. just thought id let you know ;)

aww thanks for your shoutout!
    re: yea sure!! ;) always happy to help another aspiring author

• NothingsEverGoodEnough

Re: haha lol its okay i'm bad too. That's why I need someone else to give me an idea :)

• Sunflower~

Great piece ;) I would give some title suggestions but I am really bad at coming up with titles haha